Fanimecon 09' Concert, What band would you suggest?

Started by Gekido 87, May 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM

Gekido 87

I'm new at posting. I liked the Ancafe. But next year I wan't to see "Maximum The Hormone," their the band who sang both OP & ED for Deathnote. It would be so cool if they sang the album "Buiiki Kaesu." That album is hella sick!!
I'm in Despair!

heeroyuy135

FLOW!!!
also, take this to the Ideas & Suggestions folder

Gekido 87

I liked Ancafe. But for Fanime Con 09' I would like to see "Maximum The Hormone," their the band that sang the OP & ED for Deathnote. It would be cool if they sang from the album "Buiiki Kaesu." 
I'm in Despair!

heeroyuy135

PyronIkari

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 31, 2008, 02:50:34 PM
FLOW!!!
Funny you say this. My friend recently IM'ed me and was like "Hey... so it turns out I'm friends with the manager of FLOW. I wonder if I should ask them to come to the US." Unfortunately said friend and Fanime don't really get along, so it wouldn't be Fanime she brings them to if I said she should.

Maximum the Hormone has lots of explicit lyrics, which could cause some problems with some parents. LOTS OF FUN FUN FUN PAPER WORK AND NOTICES!

Bands I would like... I'm going to see Jam Project at Otakon... I saw Momoi at AX, that leaves...

Bump of Chicken, and Radwimps. Oh I wouldn't mind seeing Back-On either...

Nina Star 9

Need I even say it? Oh, what the heck:

Amano Tsukiko.

Seriously. We NEED her at the con. She would be perfect.

JiLL-Decoy association or Paris Match would also be pwn, though, since I don't believe we have ever had any jazz at Fanime, and they are both rather accessable by people that aren't huge fans of the genre, due to having fusion styles. JDA would be preffered, but PM would be awesome, as well.

TC X0 Lt 0X

So many J-Pop and J-Rock bands I'd like to see at Fanime, including FLOW...

But if I could wish for one, it would have to be UVERworld.

"Chance!" FTW!!!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

red_thestrals

asian kung fu generation! or aquatimez will do... but still... asian kung fu generation!

zoupzuop2

Dave Rodgers. Mega NRG Man. Cherry. Go2 (Ace and Fastway). Domino. Franz Tornado. Bazooka Girl. ad nauseum.

(Yes, I know this is unlikely. Yes, I know Avex hasn't allowed Eurobeat artists to perform on North-American soil yet. Still... if there were ANY means of getting this to happen, Fanime would have my GUARANTEED attendance next year.)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

kuroi

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 31, 2008, 02:58:42 PM

Bands I would like... I'm going to see Jam Project at Otakon... I saw Momoi at AX, that leaves...

Bump of Chicken, and Radwimps. Oh I wouldn't mind seeing Back-On either...
I'm amazed I actually agree with you on something, but I would love to see Bump of Chicken at Fanime. It would be amazing. (and might be enough to tip my friend to the side of not studying for finals to come to Fanime)

ELLEGARDEN would also be really awesome to see at Fanime, or LM.C.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

PickleBunny

Quote from: kuroi on June 01, 2008, 01:11:26 PM

ELLEGARDEN would also be really awesome to see at Fanime, or LM.C.

As awesome as ELLEGARDEN would be, they're currently on indefinite hiatus... :-\
MusicFest Staff 2005
MusicFest Second 2006-2011

rubymoonIII

@Digitalberii <--Twitter

lycan510

Nightmare that did the OP and ED song for Death note season one. those guys are awesome
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

outcast

PyronIkari

Quote from: rubymoonIII on June 01, 2008, 02:58:18 PM
Dir En Grey

They do 329847239 concerts in the US already. They also have virtually no fans in Japan as well. Pillows do hella concerts in the US as well. I'd want to see a band I can't really see in the states come here.

Yeah, Elle on hiatus sucks. Though they are coming out with a bests album... which I'll pick up despite having all of their albums already.

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: outcast on June 01, 2008, 06:12:17 PM
I would love to see the Pillows at fanime.

I 5've that, especially if The Noodles came along, but I don't think that will ever happen. As I was told that is a ship that has sailed a long time ago :(.

milan

I'd love it if An Cafe came back again next year. @A@;;

Mister_E

I would like to see The Back Horn or The Mass Missiles
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook