Good food that's BAD for you

Started by BrightHeart76, June 01, 2008, 02:38:44 PM

Raydere

Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

astroboy

I'm going to put this on my things to try before you die list:

Full English breakfast, sometimes called Scottish, Irish, etc..."fry up"
The core ingredients is not unlike a typical American bacon, eggs, and toast breakfast but to "earn" the title of Full English breakfast
additional ingredients can be added (this is not necessary a complete list):
# sausages
# black pudding ---> *google* this if you don't know what it means  8)
# white pudding
# fried tomatoes
# fried mushrooms
# chips (British word for french fries)
# baked beans
# potatoes or hash browns

wiki also says:
"When an English breakfast is ordered to contain everything available, it is often referred to as a "Full Monty", and often attributed to Field Marshal Montgomery, the prominent British military officer of World War II."  :D :D :D

protocol7

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 01, 2008, 02:38:44 PM
So as I sit here eating a Bad Dog (1/4 lb. polish sausage stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon and deepfried on a bun with mayo, mustard and onion) I'm wondering what food you guys enjoy that tastes SOOOOO good you eat it even though you know it's disgustingly bad for you.

Please post those foods that taste good, even though they're going to take years off your life in the long run.

(I know...I shouldn't eat this...but seriously it so good, and I'm WAY low on my calorie intake for the week even counting the Bad Dog...so just once I'm splurging)

That sounds like the greatest food ever! Where does one find such a thing???
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: protocol7 on June 02, 2008, 05:41:39 PM
So as I sit here eating a Bad Dog (1/4 lb. polish sausage stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon and deepfried on a bun with mayo, mustard and onion) I'm wondering what food you guys enjoy that tastes SOOOOO good you eat it even though you know it's disgustingly bad for you.

Please post those foods that taste good, even though they're going to take years off your life in the long run.

(I know...I shouldn't eat this...but seriously it so good, and I'm WAY low on my calorie intake for the week even counting the Bad Dog...so just once I'm splurging)

Scoopers.  It's a local drive-in joint (like Sonic but with more history).  They are known locally as the best burgers / shakes in Nevada.  They have one that's even worse for you, it's called the "Mighty Dog".
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

questionette

I've been wondering this for awhile - what's the most calorie-dense food in the world?
Food for thought, that is.

XpHoBiaX

Trouffels and ghirdelli chocolate...and swedish gummies that are in the shape of old cars. @.@ and swedish jelly candies....omg

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

heeroyuy135

XpHoBiaX

Corned beef hash and spam. Fried. In a pan. lol

2010 cosplay...?

heeroyuy135

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on June 02, 2008, 07:39:16 PM
Corned beef hash and spam. Fried. In a pan. lol
Add some rice and we're good!

XpHoBiaX

Ohhh yeaah. On a roll now baby lol

2010 cosplay...?

questionette

Freeennnchhhh frieeesssss
I can't eat that many *tear* my tummy gets upset D:

SOawesomeness

PIZOOKIE!
Or however the heck you spell it...
Oh, and Peeps. <33

French fries with ice-cream, too.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kaura117

Szechuan beef stew. Burns so good going in. Burns not so good on the way out, if you know what I mean.

Yuu

I usually eat very healthy because I'm fortunate enough to hate junk food.

There is one however, that I cannot resist; those deliciously greasy fries that are covered with cheese,, bacon and green onions. Oh god yes.

Taka86

pineapple curry fried rice and chinese cha-siu bao's.  I'll take a pic next time I order.
I like pie

questionette

OMGSH THAI FOOD

Mango Sticky Rice
Yellow Curry
Pad Thai
Coconut pancakes
*drool*

MmmmmMmMmm...

protocol7

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 02, 2008, 05:57:17 PM

Scoopers.  It's a local drive-in joint (like Sonic but with more history).  They are known locally as the best burgers / shakes in Nevada.  They have one that's even worse for you, it's called the "Mighty Dog".

I'm horrible, I'm considering organizing a road trip to find one now! Must stop checking this thread when hungry...
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

questionette

Carrying this over from the "Weird food combinations" thread...

Monte Cristo sandwichesss

Yuu

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 02, 2008, 05:57:17 PM

*cries* we don't even have a Sonics anywhere in this state, yet we still have to watch they're tasty commercials! That's just inhumane!