Panels and Workshops for 2009!!

Started by BenihimeSama, June 01, 2008, 10:18:04 PM

Pika1979

Well seeing how they are becoming more and more popular how about a panel about ball joint dolls? Ya know like how to get into the hobby, stuff you need to know to get started on making your own, where to find items for you BJD, and more. Not to mention those who all ready have made there own can showcase them.

K-ayu

Ooh, dA panel...so they're finally coming out and attending cons after AX, huh?  ;) Haha, and I guess they supposedly got threatened by the admins 3 times to be shut down for reasons unknown...

Anyway, I'd really like to attend a parapara/techpara/torapara one. After all of these years that I've been con-going, I've surprisingly never made it a go. But hey, it's never too late to start, right?

Kazuko

I liked the lolita pannel from 07 we should bring it :U but you know that we should have actual brand like baby the stars shine bright host something like that

Baby the stars shine bright is Opening a store in SF opening in agust of 09 so it would be PERFECT

bahamutknightzero

I like the DevArt pannel idea

I also have one request: BRING BACK BANZAI ARCADE!!!!

K-ayu

Quote from: Kazuko on July 23, 2008, 07:10:10 PM
I liked the lolita pannel from 07 we should bring it :U but you know that we should have actual brand like baby the stars shine bright host something like that

Baby the stars shine bright is Opening a store in SF opening in agust of 09 so it would be PERFECT
August of '09...that's so long...X_X Aww well, I'll probably make a trip to SF around that time (or perhaps I'll be at Berkeley and live close by 8D ).

Kazuko

Quote from: K-ayu on July 24, 2008, 07:20:43 PM

August of '09...that's so long...X_X Aww well, I'll probably make a trip to SF around that time (or perhaps I'll be at Berkeley and live close by 8D ).
XD haha I hopefully will be in SF too, but they are building a huge Jpop center, Baby and a couple of other brands are going to be there

zomg Im guessing its going to be like Laforet harajuku only with anime stuff inside it too

Barnes

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on July 24, 2008, 12:47:48 AM

Seconded.
And "Your Anime Sucks" should return.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

K-ayu

Quote from: Kazuko on July 24, 2008, 10:37:53 PM
Quote from: K-ayu on July 24, 2008, 07:20:43 PM

XD haha I hopefully will be in SF too, but they are building a huge Jpop center, Baby and a couple of other brands are going to be there

zomg Im guessing its going to be like Laforet harajuku only with anime stuff inside it too
That should be very nice, I'm looking forward to it :)

Cowpunk

Of course I'm ready to do more panels at Fanime again.

The turnouts were great this year, I credit the combination of good panel descriptions in the program guide plus a well done easy to read schedule. I pretty much packed all my panels.

Gilles - gotta love Fanime - Poitras

Ps <shameless plug> Buy my books! </end plug>
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

Kava

Hmmm. Drat. I wanted to make a preparations panel for 2009 panels and put a bunch of information in the first post, but this one is already here. xD; I guess I'll have to duplicate a bit. Love to have all of you back next year.  :)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

bluechokobo

Quote from: Barnes on July 25, 2008, 12:04:49 AM

Seconded.

We love doing that panel and it's also on the list of panels we plan on submitting for 2009

pockystix

VOCALOID Panel. It's becoming less obscure, so there should be quite a few people that are interested. It's been quite the phenomenon this year and I was surprised to see any VOCALOID cosplayers last year at all. (There was quite the turnout at AX, though).
Anyone want to try? I'd help. P:
New sn = Meirin

Chun

Quote from: pockystix on September 14, 2008, 10:20:25 AM
VOCALOID Panel. It's becoming less obscure, so there should be quite a few people that are interested. It's been quite the phenomenon this year and I was surprised to see any VOCALOID cosplayers last year at all. (There was quite the turnout at AX, though).
Anyone want to try? I'd help. P:

You have me a little intrigued pocky, but at the same time I don't think the US community really understands VOCALOID culture as a whole so it might be ambiguous in its prospects. Honestly I like the obscurity in the US right now, but if we host a panel on this we may very well just go over how to work out the software and the running in-jokes about it... maybe.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

neko ewen

I have two that I'd like to do:

Japanese Tabletop RPGs: I have the odd distinction of being responsible for Maid RPG being the first Japanese tabletop RPG to come out in English, and by the time FanimeCon 2009 rolls around another one called Tenra Bansho Zero will be out. I'd like to do a panel talking about the (tiny little) Japanese TRPG scene; what kinds of games are out there, what the hobby culture is like, and how all of the above are different from the U.S.

Japanese for Anime Fans 101: I've been thinking about this for a while, but basically it would be a panel on learning the Japanese language, concentrating on tips and tricks to help learners.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

BenihimeSama

Great ideas guys! Keep em coming!! We're only five months away to FANIME 2009!
Venus Benihime-Sama
Panelist Since 2008
Panels Staff Member since 2010
Proud member of Rena's Rangers! 

Owner of The Geeky Manifestos Blog
Just admit it: Otakus just do it better.

MaruKyuu

Quote from: Barnes on July 25, 2008, 12:04:49 AM

Seconded.

Agreed, Banzai Arcade and Your Anime Sucks were both great. I was at both, and I had great fun. It was so fun, I ditched my friends and they wandered around searching for Banzai Arcade after I told them I was there. Bwahahahahaha.

I still remember Bishie Luigi and Yaoi Guy.

Paladin Cecil

Does anyone know when to expect responses to the panels they submitted?
I submitted mine last month and haven't been replied to yet.

Kava

Quote from: Paladin Cecil on February 25, 2009, 08:08:31 PM
We're a little behind on responses. Should be sending some out within the next week. Not sure how long it'll take us to catch up.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Paladin Cecil

Quote from: Kava on February 26, 2009, 01:59:48 PM
Quote from: Paladin Cecil on February 25, 2009, 08:08:31 PM
We're a little behind on responses. Should be sending some out within the next week. Not sure how long it'll take us to catch up.

Okay. That's cool.  :)
Have you guys been able to contact guests about Story Story Die yet?

macaulayman