Fanime 2009 Cosplay Skit

Started by PinkHairSasuke, June 10, 2008, 02:59:20 PM

PinkHairSasuke

Hey I need help coming up with a skit! Pleze help me! ;D ???

Myth

Can I be in it if I give you some suggestions? C:

bahamutknightzero

Advice: Try to steer clear of internet memes unless your skit is REALLY good.

Let's just say I was part of one of the unfortunate skits that used one (thankfully not involving the Hare Hare dance)

PinkHairSasuke

If u give ideas u are welcome to be in the skit if u want to!

shy-cosplayer

Well, what is the main idea, or anime you're aiming towards?

PinkHairSasuke

The anime Im aiming for is Naruto

BrightHeart76

Go to Youtube.  Do a search for Naruto Skits or Naruto Masquerade.  Spend awhile looking at different skits.  Get an idea of what ones you like and what was good about them and what didn't work about the bad ones.  THEN think about what you want our skit to be like and get started. 

You've got MONTHS...registration for Masquerade won't even open for something like 10 months.  If you're going to do it, take your time and do it right.

Just remember, all cosplays must be made by a member(s) of the group on stage!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

shy-cosplayer

PinkHairSasuke

Thnx BrightHeart thats a good idea and a naruto musical would be cool but can u give more details at what u were thinking

shy-cosplayer

Ok, well what if its like kakashi brings them to a karaoke bar after training, or something along the lines of that?

PinkHairSasuke

Dragon Ninja

I've got a great idea: The 4 Peters from Family Guy, but with 4 Narutos and I would want to be a part of it.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

PinkHairSasuke

Aishasama

Whatever you do, practice it a lot. Also, perform it in front of some people who haven't seen Naruto, no family members either. Mess with comedic timing. Make sure your audio is good quality and has stable volume.

PinkHairSasuke

moogles1989

if you do a musical ive always found it best when the people in it take a song from a stage musical change the lyrics and actually sing it themsleves....its a lot mor creative than taking canned music and lipsynching.....take "death note:the musical" for example they took springtime for hitler and made it there own ^_^ i could just be biased cus im a theatre major and i live for spectacles and productions

Avairrianna

Well I perform in musical theater for the past 7 years and I also have a Female Chouji cosplay if you like that. I also have NO stage fright and I'm a soprano if you go with that idea. I just thought of something funny! How about doing something changed from Mamma Mia! Or Sweeney Todd or Enchanted? A musical that has recently been in theaters?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: Avairrianna on November 28, 2008, 08:13:25 PM
Well I perform in musical theater for the past 7 years and I also have a Female Chouji cosplay if you like that. I also have NO stage fright and I'm a soprano if you go with that idea. I just thought of something funny! How about doing something changed from Mamma Mia! Or Sweeney Todd or Enchanted? A musical that has recently been in theaters?
That sounds like an awesome idea! I know songs from Enchanted but I dont know any from Sweeny Todd or Mamma Mia! so if you have an idea for a song from one of those movies just tell me and I'll check it out

Kazuko

Well what I can suggest is if you want to do dancing PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE I cannot stress it enough, there have been many groups that looked so sloppy with their routienes that it could have done more if they practiced. Also avoid any injokes that your group only knows, just because your friends get it  doesnt mean the audience will

avoid any and all memes and Hare hare dances or lucky star, it has been used an abused so alot of people get tired and annoyed of it

heeroyuy135

I still believe that Hare Hare Yukai or Motteke! Sērāfuku can still be used, but you really have to put an original spin on it...and I mean ORIGINAL!!!