Things that you wish they had in the Dealers room.

Started by Mister_E, June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Roguethe

JoJo figures!!
I saw a Young Joseph and a Series 3 Dio. But those were super over-priced. Besides that, nothing! I understand that I couldn't find much Kill La Kill, because it's newer and with out much merchandise. But JoJo has been around forever! Please dealers, more Joestars!

I draw sometimessss

Xanreo

Instead of a specific item, I just wish there were more distributors since a majority of these dealers all sell the same items.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

limDsage

Quote from: Roguethe on May 28, 2014, 11:33:12 PM
JoJo figures!!
I saw a Young Joseph and a Series 3 Dio. But those were super over-priced. Besides that, nothing! I understand that I couldn't find much Kill La Kill, because it's newer and with out much merchandise. But JoJo has been around forever! Please dealers, more Joestars!

Likewise.

I saw a vendor who sold a Jotaro figure, but yes it was super-overpriced and was cash-only.

Hopefully next year more vendors carry Jojo figures. :D

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

eemychann

More stuff that isn't figures? I came in hoping to buy a bunch of Sailor Moon stuff but as far as I could tell nobody had any of the items I'd seen online (charm sets, pointers, pens, cups, plates, phone cases, phone chargers, etc)

Not a stock request but it would be nice if more of the costume/goth vendors had big signs up indicating what sizes they offer, for the convenience of those of us who don't fit in the Japanese size range. There's a lot of bigger folk and it would help to know which places we should bother picking through the racks and which ones we should stay out of everybody else's way.

Roguethe

Quote from: limDsage on May 29, 2014, 10:00:27 AM
Quote from: Roguethe on May 28, 2014, 11:33:12 PM
JoJo figures!!

Likewise.

I saw a vendor who sold a Jotaro figure, but yes it was super-overpriced and was cash-only.

Hopefully next year more vendors carry Jojo figures. :D
Glad to see you agree. That shows there IS a demand. So I hope the dealers take note! :'D
Welp. Here's hoping for better next year. Plenty of Jojo art in AA. Just need plenty of Jojo Merch in DH!

I draw sometimessss

Ruby

:( I tried looking around the dealers hall for some Senran Kagura figures for my boyfriend but I couldn't find any. Maybe next year if there is enough of a demand~ I figured with how focused the show is on...bodies and such, that they'd have some popular figures, but guess not.
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

abcbadcat

Saw practically nothing from Kill la Kill aside from the artist alley, There will probably be tons next year though.

Amarok

I would've loved to see some Nameko goods of any kind, but I guess it's not popular enough in the US? It's such a HUGE hit in Japan it's surprising anime/game fans over here don't like it.  :(

Piccahoe

Quote from: Amarok on May 30, 2014, 01:05:47 PM
I would've loved to see some Nameko goods of any kind, but I guess it's not popular enough in the US? It's such a HUGE hit in Japan it's surprising anime/game fans over here don't like it.  :(

Same with Puzzle and Dragons, huge hit in Japan but kind of eh here.
"Its not that I'm smart, its because I (am able to) stick to the problems."

-Albert Einstein

Imperial

More valve items, as there was literally 1 booth that had any, and even that they didn't have much. 2013 had more than last year.....

Gaki

Quote from: tjimmy2 on July 12, 2014, 10:58:22 PM
More valve items, as there was literally 1 booth that had any, and even that they didn't have much. 2013 had more than last year.....

Glitch Gear had a decent amount, though it was mostly shirts and Portal merchandise (sentry turret blind boxes, lemon grenades, etc.). Level Up Studios was also there and they carried some of the action figures, but aside from that I think they only had fan-made artwork/shirts and the like scattered across other booths, if they were even available.

As much as I love Valve and their properties, I wouldn't suggest doling out $50 for a replica of the Sandvich or $20-30 for the figures that can break just removing them from the packaging.
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018

Angelx624

More tokusatsu!!!! One can never have enough toku merch. :P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Dajoo

Some cool announcements.
Along the lines of new distributors we have some new blood joining us:
What Pumpkin Studios
Kuretake Zig

Also for clarification, what is cybergoth? I may be to old now.... I know cyberpunk, but not cybergoth. Some examples would be great for tracking it down.

I'm on the lookout for more tokusatsu as well as it has seen a big revival both in Japan and here. 8)
Dealers Head       2012-2016
Item Check Head  2014
Dealers Staff        2009-2011
Vid Staff              2005-2008

Exhibits Staff AOD 2014-20 ??? ???

Angelx624

Quote from: Dajoo on October 22, 2014, 11:28:01 PM
I'm on the lookout for more tokusatsu as well as it has seen a big revival both in Japan and here. 8)
Awesome!! ^^ Glad to hear that. :P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Dajoo on October 22, 2014, 11:28:01 PM
Also for clarification, what is cybergoth? I may be to old now.... I know cyberpunk, but not cybergoth. Some examples would be great for tracking it down.

Typical Cybergoth apparel is goggles, spikes, and those tube-thingies worn like a wig.