Gintama Gathering ~+~ 2009

Started by yamaneko, June 29, 2008, 10:50:19 PM

yamaneko

Anyways, welcome to the Gintama Gathering of 2009! ^^ Yeah, just thought I'd get Gintama in here, just cuz it's not up yet. . . POST AWAY, PEEPS!!! xDD

TIME AND LOCATION
WHEN: TBA, possibly sometime on Saturday
MP & L: TBA

ATTENDEES

kai and Miyu_Mya's boyfriend as Sakata Gintoki
Miyu_Mya as Yatou Kagura
Hirotona and quantbits as Shimura Shinpachi
Mirai Noah as Shimura Otae
kai's friend as Hijikata Toushirou or Okita Sougo
Persephone as Sarutobi Ayame ("Sa-chan")
yamaneko as Yagyuu Kyuubei

On a side note, a Shimura Otae cosplayer is wanted for a photoshoot; please tell us if you're interested!
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

I wonder if I can get my friends to do Elizabeth and Katsura again....

yamaneko

LOL you totally should!! xDD It'd be awesomeness~
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I'll ask them when I can get ahold of them again. One of them is Korea right now and I don't really have their contact info anyway ^^

yamaneko

Bah, everyone I know is in some faraway Asian country right now D: the main reason why I can't go to any conventions during the summer; there's no one to go with Dx
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

D8 I have friends in these coutries I wish could come and visit orz ;;

kai

I have planned a Gintoki cosplay, and hopefully I'll finish it in time for Fanime 09. A friend of mine is also going as either Hijikata or Okita, she's unsure which, lol.

However, even if we don't show up in costume, we'll definitely be there to take pictures of you guys.  :D

Hirotona

Awesome either way!

Man.. I saw some really, really good Gintama cosplay at AX ; A; I wish I had a camera and could have shown you guys.

yamaneko

LOL I need a new camera xDD; And updated x3
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I'll upload my friends picture now that the site is back up...

D: I haven't seen you on Gtalk? Did I upset you or something? Or just not a lot of computer access of late/too busy?

Hirotona

http://i35.tinypic.com/2qs8pxs.jpg

The girl on the left in the lolita is another of my friends Cx;;

yamaneko

No, no, nothing like that ^^;; It's just that my internet is currently at war with Gmail, and I can only load the HTML version, minus Gtalk D: So yeah, sorry about that ^^;;

YAY!! Tsura and Elizabeth!!!! xDD (Katsura: "Tsura janai! Katsura da!!")
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Aww buu D: Well I hope everything works for you again soon, x3 I want to make plans for the next meet up? And I generally miss talking to you ^^;;

yamaneko

Ehhh my computer generally has issues D: It randomly blocks sites xD; Which was why I couldn't get on the forums for a bit either. . .

Anyways, yeah, we should meet up either at your place or mine for measurements D: (I've decided that I must order early this year so that, if there's something wrong with it, I can get it fixed in time)
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Well the forums were down for like... three/four days so it wasn't just you who couldn't get on ><;; That's pretty lame though overall D: Hope it decides to free up your g-talk again real soon at the very least.

XD;; I just realized I've never had friends over at my house... well what works better for you? I can hoof it over to your place pretty early if that works better for you, my house is close to a bus stop as well though if visiting me is more convient to you. And yeah that's probably a good idea, I'll be ordering mine once I have a job again, which better be soon since I need Chikusa in about a month or so.

But lots of hanging out with fellow otaku pals = good times, good times overall x3

yamaneko

I think going to your house might be better. . . but who knows? xDD; My parents aren't usually home, though, so they might be pretty "eh" about you coming here. . . Plus, if I go to your place, I won't have to be home alone D:

But, yeah, measurements soon, hopefully x] Gahhhh Kyuubei's gonna be really, really, REALLY hot >_< (probably) The commissioners always end up making the costumes layers thicker than it really needs to be. . . or was it the other way around? xD;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Well you said as long as you told them in advance they should be fine with it? And XD yeah that's true, my mom and little sister would be around to.

Yeah defienetely Cx And I'm not so sure? My PoT one is cool enough as long as I don't wear the pants and jacket and Shinpachi was only hot cause I wore a shirt under it. And Kyouya is going to be hot cause it's formal wear pretty much, even the funky looking blue blazer I suppose : P Well I hope our cosplays turn out to be cooler then expected in anycase >__<

yamaneko

I might specifically talk to the commissioner about making it lighter and cooler x3;; But, overall, I think your house would be the better idea ^^;;

WE HAVE TO DO OSHITARI AND MUKAHI FROM PoT!! Eventually. xD;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Well when do you want to come over then? Cx

Haha well I still want to visit your house to if that's okay sometime, so I can see the cosplay hiding spot XD And your manga collection and play fighting games with you? C:

AND YEAH FOR SURE XD That will be really awesome.

yamaneko

Yeah, sometime xDD

Maybe sometime this week? D: I have to go to Tahoe in a bit, though. . .

GO HYOUTEI!!! Though I don't like Atobe very much, but everyone else is cool!!! x];;
Stephie Z.