Started by yamaneko, June 29, 2008, 10:50:19 PM

Hirotona

Well we could take the light rail to there, it's not to far : 3

yamaneko

I always thought it was within walking distance? o_o
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

Japantown? Well.. that would take even more time for just a gathering... D: And we don't know how much time we'll have between them yet.

yamaneko

Oh, I didn't mean Japantown xDD; I meant the Monopoly in the Park park.

True, we'll have to see how things unfold, just sit back and watch, then we can finalize our plan.
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

OH LOL well.. that surely is x3;;

And yes alot of it depends on what falls where.

yamaneko

But, chances are, according to the rough plan right now, it'll be sometime (possibly earlier on) on Saturday, in the little forest-y area by the fountains?
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

That sounds about right to me. As you might have noticed the SE meet is also sometime that day to, probably later in the day so I imagine having the Gintama gathering earlier on would work out well. We can adjust this according to when the SE gathering actually is though (and xD you can come and take pics if you want).

So far this is my rough/uncomplete cosplay schedule:

Friday:

(Reborn) Chikusa/Irie or (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) Itoshiki-sensai?

I don't know though, my friend Jess said they actually might already have those character spots taken. Might be cosplaying Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei with my friend Iya if that's the case then or one of our yet to be planned out group cosplays.

Saturday:

(Gintama) Shinpachi
(Soul Eater) Dr. Stein
(Ragnarok Online) Kiel Hyre?

Not sure if the RO gathering is going to be on Saturday or Sunday yet but I'm hoping for Sunday for obvious reasons since it's more likely then not to be in the evening and I can switch to Kiel after doing Cross for the D.Gray meet. If push comes to shove I can skip the SJ meet.

Sunday:

(D.Gray) Cross
(Tegami Bachi) Lloyd or (Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro) Higuichi?

Nothing much to say. If the RO gathering and SJ gathering conflict in anyway the RO gathering takes clear precedent.

Monday:

Free day so far. Might not cosplay at all since it's the final day but I'm not sure on it yet. I'm going to A-kon the following weekend actually so I might go home and try and get some rest early after saying my goodbyes and seeing everyone off.

yamaneko

Sounds about right. Depending on which cosplays I can actually get on time, I'm probably looking at one cosplay per day xD; Might decide to go back and change into normal clothes in the middle of the day, though, if it gets hot.

If I get Chrome, I may be with you for the Reborn gathering. Completely unfamiliar with SZS ^^;; Will more than likely do Kyuubei with you for Gintama. Probably no Maka this year ^^;; RO is most likely not xD; Definitely doing Allen for DGM on Sunday. So I may have a day to pull out casual Tamaki? x3;; Dunno if Halibel will make an appearance or not @___@
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

I don't actually know when they're doing Reborn though... xD;; I just hope it's Friday. And if you can do Bleach I'll do Bleach to, which would be another one for Saturday. And yeah.. same. I hope the AC works well and that the con keeps it's streak of having decent weather so I won't have to.

Gintama and D.Gray will be awesome for sure * w* And hopefully I can help you with Chrome or Halibel? xD;; And you don't have to redo casual Tamaki it if you don't want to. I never did ask you what you wore for that now that I think about it....

And XD do read SZS if you do get the chance : ) I strongly recommend it.

yamaneko

Lol, okies xD *adds SZS to her list of mangas to read*

I. . . would probably get Chrome before Halibel, though ^^;; Now that I think about it. . . cuz Halibel, well. . . I get cramps just from looking at the costume @_@ *gets little stomach cramps if her stomach is too cold* It's weird, I know, but true xD; Besides, Chrome is more "me" in my opinion xD; *can't imagine herself acting like Halibel for real. . .*
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

x3;; nor can I really ^^;; And does that mean you get alot of cramps while swimming or is the water just not usually cold enough to cause them?

I still think we should do Syazel and Halibel sometime together though, but let's try and get Chome next after your other two then. Perhaps we'll do another Ryohei birthday bash next year and we can both participate in it next time?

And I hope you enjoy SZS : D It's... kind of fragamented on onemanga (they have like 1-19 then 87-92 or something like that). But it's a very enjoyable series, espically if you get all the cultural references.

yamaneko

Well, when I'm out of the water, kinda. V.V It's really just the wind; when I'm swimming, I know it's water, plus, if I'm actually swimming, I'd be keeping the muscles that cramp up warm ^^;; Cuz, when I'm just standing around, I'm not using the muscles, so they can get cold pretty fast @_@

But, yeah, still Chrome before Halibel xD; I guess @___@ Yeah, that'd be fun! xDD

Cultural. . . oh, god, don't even get me started @_@ *culture = 1/3 of her grade in Japanese class*
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

x3 well at least you'll be able to appericate SZS a litte better then right?

And mhm I kind of figured as much. Is the pool over there nice btw? Perhaps we could go swimming together sometime. xD;; I have "new" swim trunks I haven't actually used since I got them.

Keke and yes Chikusa and Chrome : 3 It would be nice to see cosplay MM to I think... I've never seen anyone do her and she isn't that hard to do.

yamaneko

It's okay, I guess D: There's usually a bunch of little kids there with their parents, though. . . xD;

Now we just need Ken xDD But I think he'd be pretty hard to do. . .
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

xD;; well perhaps we should just stick to tennis and walking and gaming and whatever else for now.

I've yet to see anyone do him well > < I've seen some good Mukuro's and actually alot of at least fairly well done Chikusa's so far.

I think it would be nice to find an MM and Lancia to! Then we'd have the whole group (for the most part).

yamaneko

I personally think his barcode would be the hardest part. . . o_o

MY FRIEND WAS GONNA DO LANCIA!!! >_____< But then he pulled out and said he was gonna be in England at the time of this year's Fanime >.<
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Well xD;; I could always ask Gina for advice. Since she seems proficent/skilled with facial markings and all that.

And aww to bad, but I don't think I'd pass up a chance to go to the UK myself if it was offered. Perhaps if we do another private Reborn gathering? I'll ask some of other friends if they might want to do MM or one of the others.

yamaneko

I wanna hold a D.Gray-man gathering *w* Once I get my camera. . . yes, I really wanna photoshoot at the Japanese Friendship Garden xD; *slightly obessesed*
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

x3;; well so do I but the problem is besides you and I not alot of the D.Gray cosplayers live around here. And we still need to get our costumes ^^

quantbits

shinpachi being made right now... count me in!  ;D