Graduating this year?

Started by GokuMew2, July 28, 2008, 10:46:14 AM

GokuMew2

So who's graduating from SJSU this year and is freaking out that graduation's gonna conflict with the convention? I AM! .@_@_@_@_@_@;;;;;

I've always thought in previous years, "Aww, sucks for them" when I see all them graduates over in the CiviC Auditorium. This year I'll be thinking, "Sucks for me. .T_____T"

Fanime, please don't have any awesome omfg-I-have-to-go-to events/panels/whatever while graduation ceremony is going on!!!!!!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

SOawesomeness

Sucks for you.
But I'm sorta in the same position.

Senior prom might be held on the same weekend as Fanime.
But I'd choose Fanime over Senior Prom Night any day. BWB is good enough for me. (:

Too bad you couldn't just skip it.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Tsubasa

The SJSU commencement doesn't last long.  They don't even call out names.  I think it was 2-3 hours tops.

I skipped out on mine this last year. =P
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

rude32

My friend graduated from there this past year. It's really boring, and my friend and I spent hella money putting together a party for him for graduating and also his b-day (it was a few days before fanime).
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tsubasa on July 29, 2008, 07:46:12 AM
The SJSU commencement doesn't last long.  They don't even call out names.  I think it was 2-3 hours tops.

Phew! Well that's nice to know. I still hope Fanime doesn't hold anything I would want to go to during that time though. .^^; I doubt my parents would let me skip.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Sunara Ishi

I'm graduating fall and I will probably skip on commencement. As it is voluntary. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on July 29, 2008, 01:53:56 AM
Sucks for you.
But I'm sorta in the same position.

Senior prom might be held on the same weekend as Fanime.
But I'd choose Fanime over Senior Prom Night any day. BWB is good enough for me. (:

Too bad you couldn't just skip it.

Ha, the same for me.
Still, I don't even consider going to no prom with people I hate, mostly.
I'd rather go to the Fanime Rave/Ball, a lot more fun, slightly less people I may hate.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Haruka

Nope.  I attended SJSU's rival school, Fresno State.  I graduated the Saturday before Con in 2006.  It was awesome.  Cuz then I was all, College Graduate Cosplayer.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Shi_Musouka

Aww crap... I'm at SJSU for the next 2-3 years :/

Ehh, I got plenty of time to decide whether to bother going or not...

kollunz

I'm currently at city college of san francisco, I'll be transfering to SJSU next year!! But no matter, you can't miss out on fanime(or else).
doot