2008 OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Started by Silent One, August 03, 2008, 02:22:51 AM

JohnnyAR

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

G.I.R

Watching  Terminator:  The Sarah Conner Chronicles

JTchinoy

china won the last match of men's badminton that i saw.  bad return.  crappy way to lose a match.  :(

switched to judo.  :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Chun

Something about the Floor Exercises rubs me the wrong way. USA is Bronze, Silver to Japan, and Gold to China, but there was a huge discontinuity in scoring practices. Often more difficult routines that stuck in USA never touched a 16 or higher, whereas the Chinese team did a fairly simple routine comparatively, steps on the dismount, and gets 15.7s or 16s. USA was doing just fine, leading in the halfway rotations.

What's even more disconcerting is that the Chinese Olympians were threatened if they did not get gold, and the Chinese coach was quoted to have said "I'd jump off a building if our team doesn't get gold".

I just think the scores could have been a lot closer than the final showing. With Japan at -7 and USA at -10 differential, in the finals, the competition should have been MUCH closer for medal contention. Just feels like some foul play is afoot :/.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Dammit I have to admit, the Olympics are like crack, watch a few minutes of it and you're left wanting to watch more. So far, satisfied with what I'm seeing. Man that Phelps swimmer guy is a beast.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

JTchinoy

watching wrestling now.
it's the 55kg division.  nothing else to watch.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Chun on August 12, 2008, 01:07:57 AM
Something about the Floor Exercises rubs me the wrong way. USA is Bronze, Silver to Japan, and Gold to China, but there was a huge discontinuity in scoring practices. Often more difficult routines that stuck in USA never touched a 16 or higher, whereas the Chinese team did a fairly simple routine comparatively, steps on the dismount, and gets 15.7s or 16s. USA was doing just fine, leading in the halfway rotations.

What's even more disconcerting is that the Chinese Olympians were threatened if they did not get gold, and the Chinese coach was quoted to have said "I'd jump off a building if our team doesn't get gold".

I just think the scores could have been a lot closer than the final showing. With Japan at -7 and USA at -10 differential, in the finals, the competition should have been MUCH closer for medal contention. Just feels like some foul play is afoot :/.

~Chun
Yeah. I've noticed that some of the scores were pretty iffy. I think that some of judges probably play favorites. >.>;

Especially with the girl teams. D: The Chinese girls were shaking all over the place on some of the routines. Yet they score better.

But as for the men's just getting bronze. I blame the announcers. D: They cursed the American team by bragging that the Americans were the only ones without mistakes. Trouble really did come in threes. -.-;

I'm curious about something. Are host nations allowed to judge?
I noticed during diving that they show you which nations are judging but not for gymnastics.
I saw no China there but I'm just sort of curious.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

JTchinoy

wow, americans blow ass at badminton >:(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jerry

so i read the newspaper today....

I guess its a bad thing to fall off the balance beam huh?

such a shame, but i respect that the female gymnastics team got silver!

id probably fall flat on my face and die. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

XpHoBiaX

I heard on tv that their testicle shishkebabs are yummy. O_o
We don't watch the olympics at the tattoo parlor, unless someone we know calls us and tells us to check something out.

And honestly...I don't really care. :( I'm just not into it this year.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Barnes

The Olympics were on the Root of All Evil tonight vs. Drinking Games

The Root of All Evil was

QuoteDrinking Games
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JTchinoy

it doesn't matter how many medals phelps gets by himself, he can't make up for the USA being down 12 medals.  =P
China is kicking ass this time.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Sunara Ishi

This explains everything. XP

I applaud the 35 year old woman from Germany. I'm glad to see her get a medal. She deserved it. >.<

Is it me or was gymnastics better back in the day? I had such a flashback watching the woman above. XD;
I definitely know floor routines used to be better; they had more rhythm and they were fun. Now a lot of them look like robots. D:
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

SOawesomeness

Who I'm rooting for in order from greatest to least:
Korea
America
Japan
China

(:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kandybar

I pick countries on a case by case situation.  :D  I normally look at the countries in the heat and just go with whatever looks appealing.  ::)

I missed the finals of the womens 8 in rowing, and I hear the USA got gold.  I am sad.  But I will look it up on the internet, and all will be well.

Also, Sunara?  Win.

JTchinoy

is it just me or do the european countries kick ass in judo??

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 19, 2008, 11:24:31 AM
Hello Europe went through INTENSE Super Sayain Traning We saw this earlier remember!

JTchinoy

Quote from: Kazuko on August 19, 2008, 12:53:37 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on August 19, 2008, 11:24:31 AM
Hello Europe went through INTENSE Super Sayain Traning We saw this earlier remember!
forgot.  sorry :X

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X