Aki Matsuri (Fall Festival), San Francisco Japantown, Oct 4-5 2008

Started by RyuHayabusa, September 08, 2008, 12:29:43 PM

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mizuki

Zefie

Quote from: Mizuki on September 16, 2008, 11:36:18 AM
I'm winning the soba eating noddle contest.

Over my empty bowls...>_<

I wonder if anyone'll starve themselves before the contest.
Please don't steal my cookies~

Kazuko

Quote from: Zefie on September 16, 2008, 12:43:36 PM

Not unless you like passing out or having your stomach eat itself :U

Jun and I are going to have fuuuun~
Mizuki good luck XD and i hope you dont troll the contestants

chumichan

Whoops, looks like I'll only be going on Sunday.

On Saturday I'll be hitting up the anime festival in San Jose's Japan town : D
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

cherryteagirl

me too!  I'm hitting up San Jose on Saturday and San Francisco on Sunday.  Two Japan Towns in one weekend!  ^^ 
For Aki Matsuri, I'll be cosplaying as Angol Mois from Keroro Gunsou

OtakuMessiah

Aki Matsuri?....This is the first I've heard of it, can someone fill me in about this event? It seems like I would like to go with a couple of friends. If it's otakus there I'm going! :o
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

midori-chaan

Quote from: OtakuMessiah on September 17, 2008, 05:06:18 PM
Aki Matsuri?....This is the first I've heard of it, can someone fill me in about this event? It seems like I would like to go with a couple of friends. If it's otakus there I'm going! :o

Not totally experienced in it but Aki Matsuri is a festival taken at San Fransico and in San Jose but the dates I think are different, but the one for this thread is the one at SF. The cosplay event is Sunday, Oct. 4th and you have to pre-register by Sept. 20th if you want to enter he contest. Hope that helped~
Cosplay List for 2009:
Editing

Slime9

shy-cosplayer

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on September 15, 2008, 12:29:16 AM
Quote from: Zefie on September 14, 2008, 10:31:12 PM
Oooh~ It's so nice to hear that people are going. I'm actually trying to staff for the festival. o__o But apparently they're too busy to reply yet. It'd be nice to see more cosplayers on stage...but if you just enjoy walking around in your costumes...it's fine...~ (as long as I can hunt you down with my camera...*3*)

We should meet somewhere and have a picnic together. x_x I miss sitting in the middle of the street...I'll bring you mochi's. <3

I'm planning on doing that actually. the thing is, I dunno what would people want to do once we meet up. maybe do a lunch together or something? I'll have to post this on cosplay.com as well. Nice pics of your cookies btw lol :p

gathering would be fun! =D

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on September 17, 2008, 07:02:53 PM
Oooh~ It's so nice to hear that people are going. I'm actually trying to staff for the festival. o__o But apparently they're too busy to reply yet. It'd be nice to see more cosplayers on stage...but if you just enjoy walking around in your costumes...it's fine...~ (as long as I can hunt you down with my camera...*3*)

We should meet somewhere and have a picnic together. x_x I miss sitting in the middle of the street...I'll bring you mochi's. <3

I'm planning on doing that actually. the thing is, I dunno what would people want to do once we meet up. maybe do a lunch together or something? I'll have to post this on cosplay.com as well. Nice pics of your cookies btw lol :p

yeah I know, same here. would you be ok with a lunch meetup before the cosplay show? so far, people from cosplay.com seem interested in it hehehe
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

bayanime.com

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'm the owner of BayAnime.com, a new website for Bay Area anime fans... I posted this event to my site a while ago and was trying to find out details about the cosplay contest/cosplay show, so I spoke to Japan Video today (was there for the Tokikake screening). They are apparently still planning details, but it looks like they have about 30 participants so far and are looking for more! They extended the registration to September 30th, and for convenience (since some of you might not live near enough to justify making the trip just to register) you can register for the event online at BayAnime.com!

Here's a direct link to the event details and the online registration form:

http://bayanime.com/register-for-the-aki-matsuri-cosplay-show-japantown-peace-plaza-05-oct-08/

Hope to meet some of you there! ^_^

shy-cosplayer

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on September 18, 2008, 02:44:28 PM
Quote from: shy-cosplayer on September 17, 2008, 07:02:53 PM

yeah I know, same here. would you be ok with a lunch meetup before the cosplay show? so far, people from cosplay.com seem interested in it hehehe

I'm down for that!!

JohnnyAR

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: bayanime.com on September 20, 2008, 01:01:21 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'm the owner of BayAnime.com, a new website for Bay Area anime fans... I posted this event to my site a while ago and was trying to find out details about the cosplay contest/cosplay show, so I spoke to Japan Video today (was there for the Tokikake screening). They are apparently still planning details, but it looks like they have about 30 participants so far and are looking for more! They extended the registration to September 30th, and for convenience (since some of you might not live near enough to justify making the trip just to register) you can register for the event online at BayAnime.com!

Had a little question: when we enter will it be only by ourselves like with the cherry blossom festival parade, or will we be able to enter as groups like a normal masquerade?

hellangel

I believe you can enter in groups. My cosplay group registered today, and the guy told us we can do a skit if we'd like. Three choices of stage performance, basically: Walk-On, Skit, or Song.
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

bayanime.com

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on September 20, 2008, 10:50:24 AM
Had a little question: when we enter will it be only by ourselves like with the cherry blossom festival parade, or will we be able to enter as groups like a normal masquerade?

Should be fine as he specifically mentions wanting skits as part of the show (as hellangel noted above). Btw just wanted to update you guys on the time, as the owner emailed me yesterday saying that the it had changed to 1-2pm instead.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Kazuko on September 16, 2008, 04:13:59 PM

I'll beat you all, I have a iron stomach.

Zefie

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 21, 2008, 02:30:33 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on September 16, 2008, 04:13:59 PM

I'll beat you all, I have a iron stomach.

I'll look forward to beating you guys~! =]
Please don't steal my cookies~

Oniko

mmm lunch! I'd love to go... but I wont bring my costume is that alright?'
Just say where it is and I'll find some way to get there~
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Oniko on September 21, 2008, 09:47:24 PM
mmm lunch! I'd love to go... but I wont bring my costume is that alright?'
Just say where it is and I'll find some way to get there~

Ok, people that are interested in going to the lunch gathering, do you guys want to do lunch before the cosplay show?, like around 11 a.m or do it after, like 2 p.m? PM me with your votes and the most likely choice for the restaurant is going to be Osakaya, the 1st restaurant on the left when you enter the restaurant area. Pls me PM me with your preference of time. Thanks :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC