Aki Matsuri (Fall Festival), San Francisco Japantown, Oct 4-5 2008

Started by RyuHayabusa, September 08, 2008, 12:29:43 PM

RyuHayabusa

I just found about this on saturday, since I was up there with Ultramangaia and some other people. I'm willing to go to this since it will also have a cosplay contest and to celebrate the arrival of fall. Here are the dates:

October 4, 2008
11:00 am to 5:00 pm
October 5, 2008
11:00 am to 5:00 pm

The Japantown Merchants Association will present two full days of exciting events marking the arrival of Fall. Events include:

* taiko drumming
    * traditional Japanese festival dancing
    * Hawaiian dancing
    * Bonsai display
    * soba noodle eating contest
    * anime movies & costume competition
    * children's karaoke contest
    * kiku ningyo (chrysanthemum dolls)
    * food

Japan Video is sponsoring the cosplay contest, so if you guys are going to participate on it, contact them directly. I hope to see you guys there.

Link to the website is here: http://www.japantownparking.com/Events/

:3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

videogirlc

Kandybar

Aw, it sounds awesome, but I'll be in Colorado for a wedding that weekend.  Booooo.

Oniko

You were there Saturday? No way thats when I was there and just found out about it too.
I really want to go, it'll be more fun as a group probably!
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

fanime_lo-ve

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll see if my friends wanna come to this in the Fall. It's in Japan town right?
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Oniko on September 08, 2008, 02:32:48 PM
You were there Saturday? No way thats when I was there and just found out about it too.
I really want to go, it'll be more fun as a group probably!

yeah I know, I posted it on the cosplay.com forums as well. Might as well spread the word lol.

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on September 08, 2008, 03:00:31 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll see if my friends wanna come to this in the Fall. It's in Japan town right?

yep, it's in Jtown. :3 The cosplay contest happens on sunday. I'll try to be there for saturday, but if not, i'll be there sunday. :3

Yukari Kaiba

oo this sounds like fun =D interested in joining the cosplay contest too.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Kazuko

quantbits

Oniko

ah I dont know what to do... I want to go in costume but I need to take the bus to get to Jtown
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Kazuko

Quote from: Oniko on September 08, 2008, 09:07:03 PM
ah I dont know what to do... I want to go in costume but I need to take the bus to get to Jtown
you should still go, who cares what people think I go in lolita most of the time and i get these wtf are you wearing stares I just ignore it

unless your outfit is super intricate with details that might break?

Oniko

Its just that the 38/38L is pretty crowded and in a Haruhi costume that might be weird.... Plus the homeless people as too many questions  :-\
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Kazuko

Quote from: Oniko on September 08, 2008, 09:29:01 PM
Its just that the 38/38L is pretty crowded and in a Haruhi costume that might be weird.... Plus the homeless people as too many questions  :-\
Oh yeah that bus lol it is pretty crowded, meh just answer if they have to education is key~
well you should be fine as long as there are no fantards wanting to glomp you (have a friend go with you)

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Oniko

this is getting exciting.  We should meet up for fun stuff.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

zoupzuop2

Boy, it's been forever...

I'm not sure how my schedule will be at that point, but if all goes well I may come along. Highly doubt I'll be cosplaying, but... we'll see how things turn out.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Oniko on September 08, 2008, 09:29:01 PM
Its just that the 38/38L is pretty crowded and in a Haruhi costume that might be weird.... Plus the homeless people ask too many questions  :-\
38/38L is the most crowded fucking bus i have ever ridden on, hands down.

and i cant go; i work that day :(
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Oniko on September 08, 2008, 09:44:48 PM
this is getting exciting.  We should meet up for fun stuff.

I'll see if i can organize that, and i'll be there early. I know people from cosplay.com are going to that as well. It would be cool to have a meet up of sorts.

BTW, the trick to catch the 38 and get a seat in the process, get off at montgomery bart station and catch it from there. Since, it's just coming from the transbay terminal, it's usually empty and getting a seat before it gets hella crowded is nice. :3

Lonelykangta

hmmm sounds fun, actully wearing my haku outfit other then fanime, ill be there for sure
Forever lonely