Music Fest

Started by yoshi, September 20, 2008, 12:59:56 AM

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: jemz on April 20, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on April 19, 2009, 11:57:24 PM
Quote from: WaffoCellist on April 19, 2009, 11:45:06 PM
Note to self: Buy glow sticks.
Note to you: clarify if you can even bring those. o:

SJCC doesn't want glowsticks, I think Rovers would take them away from you. Not sure about the space where Momoi is going to perform at, though...
So you might want to e-mail whoever would be in charge of knowing that info.

Actually, the concert is held in the Civic Auditorium and not inside the SJ Convention Center. So having glowsticks at the concert won't be an issue but Facilities is double-checking that for me.

And yes, no glowsticks at Momoi's concert would be a sad thing!

Thank you for clarifying!!!

Glowsticks and otagei are a huge part of Momoi's concert, and the enthusiasm associated with it is a huge aspect of what a Momoi concert is. Without that, many fans traveling across the country and internationally would be really disappointed.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Looks like I'll be having about a few dozen glow sticks on me :3

You'll just see this glowing ball of light...@_@...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

lyricaldanichan

The Dollar Tree has glow sticks for cheap in packs for people who are have a budget etc. I am very happy she is going to be at FanimeCon!

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Looks like I am going to be buying myself a pair of glowsticks.  Does anyone know how to wave the glowsticks Akibakei Style?  If anyone from Fanime staffing can get the ok that we attendees can bring glowsticks to the San Jose Civic Auditorium please respond so there will not be any confusion.  Thanks.  ;)

I am so looking forward to Haruko Momoi's Concert and I hope she sings Love Slave and Kujibiki Unbalance.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on April 20, 2009, 08:44:58 PM
Looks like I am going to be buying myself a pair of glowsticks.  Does anyone know how to wave the glowsticks Akibakei Style?  If anyone from Fanime staffing can get the ok that we attendees can bring glowsticks to the San Jose Civic Auditorium please respond so there will not be any confusion.  Thanks.  ;)

I am so looking forward to Haruko Momoi's Concert and I hope she sings Love Slave and Kujibiki Unbalance.

Love Slave is unlikely, but Kujibiki Unblanace is a possibility. You can see a lot of examples of otagei in Momoi's concert videos on YouTube, I think.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Get this concert advertised with over 9K glow sticks on that day and make it the best welcome for her! :3
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Quote from: LordKefka on April 21, 2009, 12:42:49 AM
Get this concert advertised with over 9K glow sticks on that day and make it the best welcome for her! :3

... more glowsticks != better...

Everyone should have two... that's it. 1 in each hand.

LordKefka

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

raltga

**Sets up a glow stick stand in front of the civic aud.**

Glow sticks being a requisite to enjoying a "performance" huh?  Maybe it's just taste but I'm reminded of when I saw Elliot Smith play with nothing more than a chair and an acoustic guitar, and it was one of the best shows I've ever attended.  Oh well, at least it's a free (with cost of fanime badge) "music" fest.

PyronIkari

Quote from: raltga on April 22, 2009, 12:18:52 PM

Glow sticks being a requisite to enjoying a "performance" huh?  Maybe it's just taste but I'm reminded of when I saw Elliot Smith play with nothing more than a chair and an acoustic guitar, and it was one of the best shows I've ever attended.  Oh well, at least it's a free (with cost of fanime badge) "music" fest.

o_0. It has to do with the energy and what is associated with the concert as a whole. Momoi concerts are pretty audience interactive, and the whole audiences use the glowsticks to participate in the dances and movements within the concert. Not having kills one of the huge appeals of Momoi's concerts.

It's like stating big foam fingers, hot dogs, nachos, and beer at a baseball game. It's not NEEDED, but they make the game better, more fun... and allows more for audience participation and what not.

raltga

It's cool, I hope everyone has a good time.  Like I said maybe it's a matter of taste.  Just not my cup-o-tea so to speak.  I'm sure there'll be something else going on at the con at the time to entertain me :D

Liquid

Quote from: raltga on April 22, 2009, 01:47:47 PM
It's cool, I hope everyone has a good time.  Like I said maybe it's a matter of taste.  Just not my cup-o-tea so to speak.  I'm sure there'll be something else going on at the con at the time to entertain me :D

You must be part of the older crowd, lol.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

raltga

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Liquid on April 22, 2009, 02:15:56 PM

I do hope you're joking. Momoi is an idol representing fan culture from media since the 80's. Most of her biggest fans are of "the older crowd".

FanimaidCafe.com

Liquid

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 22, 2009, 04:05:24 PM
Quote from: Liquid on April 22, 2009, 02:15:56 PM

I do hope you're joking. Momoi is an idol representing fan culture from media since the 80's. Most of her biggest fans are of "the older crowd".

It was a joke.....because mostly the ones who cannot relate to a concert atmosphere and are used to only listening to one guy, with one chair and a guitar and nothing else...are usually people like my Grandfather, lol.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

PyronIkari

Quote from: Liquid on April 22, 2009, 04:56:03 PM

It was a joke.....because mostly the ones who cannot relate to a concert atmosphere and are used to only listening to one guy, with one chair and a guitar and nothing else...are usually people like my Grandfather, lol.

Or different tastes? Some of my favorite concerts have been acoustic concerts. Frankly, that's what I prefer when I'm focusing on the music. I love real concerts because of the energy, but frankly, most concerts like that sound horrible.

raltga

Jeez, sorry I said anything.  Forgive me for not liking exactly what you like Liquid.  I think I'll go back to lurking, at least that way I don't get mocked for my tastes and accused of not understanding a "concert atmosphere" when I've dropped acid at a Daft Punk show and myself do front of house for several venues in the bay area and DJ/perform music in front of audiences of 500+ people for a living.

Hope you all have a good time at music fest, maybe one year there'll be an act I'm interested in again like Swinging Popsicles a few years back, they were great :D

tenton

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on April 20, 2009, 08:44:58 PM

There is this website that has some basic Calls. Of course, specific songs have specific things. At worst, I bet the Momoists will practice in front of the auditorium while waiting for the concert. There may be other practices things going on, so stayed tuned.

As for songs, there's no telling what songs she might do.

jemz

Quote from: raltga on April 22, 2009, 12:18:52 PM

It's not a requisite to have glow sticks but it can be used to enhance the experience. I've been to a lot of JE concerts where the audience participates by doing hand motions with or without glowsticks/uchiwas. And I've been to concerts where it's just a singer and her piano.

The bands we bring to MusicFest may not appeal to every single person attending but we (the MF staff and I) hope that you do find something new to enjoy with the concerts.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Liquid

Quote from: raltga on April 23, 2009, 12:25:32 AM
Jeez, sorry I said anything.  Forgive me for not liking exactly what you like Liquid.  I think I'll go back to lurking, at least that way I don't get mocked for my tastes and accused of not understanding a "concert atmosphere" when I've dropped acid at a Daft Punk show and myself do front of house for several venues in the bay area and DJ/perform music in front of audiences of 500+ people for a living.

Wow, some people just can't take a joke. Talk about being over dramatic. :-\ Maybe you'd laugh some more if you took some more acid? I dunno.... I really have nothing against you. It was simply a f
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
ing joke. Some of you people need to take the sticks out of your a
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
and have a laugh sometime. Seriously. ::)

Now, if you need me, I'll be in Forum Games. ::)

P.S. If anyone wants to flame me more, I'll meet up with you in byo/b/  <3
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff