Can you hook up a system to the TVs at the Marriott?

Started by Gatsby, September 30, 2008, 03:25:22 PM

Gatsby

I was thinking for next year I'd bring my Wii and DDR gear (or other games) so my roommates and I can have some parties in our room.

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on September 30, 2008, 03:25:22 PM
I was thinking for next year I'd bring my Wii and DDR gear (or other games) so my roommates and I can have some parties in our room.
You can hook up Video Game systems (or anything A/V composite) to the TVs at the Marriott.

As for component hookups, unless there's a hidden channel to access, it won't be plug-and-play like the front A/V ports are.

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

SukebeStudios

You CAN plug only AV cables into the tvs at Marriott, despite there being an HDMI port. I asked the technician guy when he came up, and he helped me plug in my PS3. Course, it was only standard definition, but oh well.

Gatsby

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on October 03, 2008, 09:48:57 AM
Thanks for the info.

How about the Hilton?

As of last year, no. However, their renovations are set to include replacing ALL of their TVs with new flat screen monitors that will have easy access AV connections.

However, it is uncertain whether the Hilton will be open to members this year according to some of the staff, so that part is still TBD. However, if they do allow members to stay at the Hilton, expect to be able to hook up your systems there. Also, every Hilton room comes with a mini fridge. So that's a nice bonus...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Gatsby

^_^ Cool so I will be bringing my Wii, DDR, and Super Smash Bros. I'll just have to find a way to keep it safe.

Xeluu

I'd really recommend leaving the DDR at home. o_o; I'd imagine the people staying in the room below you won't appreciate your DDRing. Maybe that's just me though.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Xeluu on October 06, 2008, 11:19:11 PM
I'd really recommend leaving the DDR at home. o_o; I'd imagine the people staying in the room below you won't appreciate your DDRing. Maybe that's just me though.

^ Truth.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Gatsby

Quote from: FanFicGuru on October 07, 2008, 12:48:36 PM

^ Truth.

Didn't think about that at first, but good point. Well at least SSBB.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on October 07, 2008, 01:56:59 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on October 07, 2008, 12:48:36 PM

^ Truth.

Didn't think about that at first, but good point. Well at least SSBB.

Definitely. Smash Bros. action is always encouraged!
Swap meet staff - 2014

Gatsby

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mizuki

My room will have fighting games, for Pyron and I to beat anyone who thinks they can beat us.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Mizuki on October 08, 2008, 10:36:29 PM
My room will have fighting games, for Pyron and I to beat anyone who thinks they can beat us.

For money. I'm not wasting my time to play against these people if it's not for money.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 08, 2008, 10:39:11 PM

For money. I'm not wasting my time to play against these people if it's not for money.
screw that. *hopes for 4 player  MaxTune setup again next year*
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mizuki

Forgot to add that in.

Kazuko

20 hours on PRACTICE MOOODE

Gatsby

I shall forge my skills in the oven of war! (aka sit on my bed playing for hours on end)

billgoku

Hmm, I couldn't get mine to work this last year, even called down to the desk and asked. Was told it wouldn't work. I'll just have to try again next year with my Wii or Xbox.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Gatsby