Knights of the Old Republic MMO officially announced today.

Started by Gatsby, October 21, 2008, 08:19:14 PM

Gatsby

KOTOR MMO Announced

Oh yes. This is exciting. And I don't even play MMORPGs, I will be making an exception though for this.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I plan on pre-registering for that lovely little game! I'm VERY excited at the prospect of getting to play a REALLY awesome Star Wars MMORPG!! <3 <3

Gatsby

Hopefully they don't mess it up such as with Galaxies. >_< I never played it, but those I know who did said it was horrible.

Stormfalcon

Luckily, it's Bioware developing it, so we stand a good chance of a decent game at least, going by their pedigree.

However, we ultimately won't find out until the game hits shelves.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Gatsby

Yup. I'm curious how they'll handle becoming a Jedi/Sith.

Shinsengumi

I'm looking forward of checking it out, usually I'm not into MMO's but I'll give this one a try.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Ayanami Rei First Child

YOu should read the Darth Bane books, since they're from that time period!! Although I think it's a earlier then the game, but I'm not sure. I'm halfway through the first book and it's REALLY good stuff to!! <3

Nanashi

Mwahahaha...Now is the chance for me, Darth Meos, to bring darkness to the galaxy with an iron fist!

I say we make an anti-jedi council. Like, a Sith Council or something.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Raymei

Quote from: Shinsengumi on October 29, 2008, 11:47:16 PM
I'm looking forward of checking it out, usually I'm not into MMO's but I'll give this one a try.

Same here  :)
I heard Galaxies was good until they let everyone be a Jedi (then it just sorta plummeted).  But I haven't really gotten into any MMOs before so...

Shinsengumi

Quote from: Raymei on October 30, 2008, 09:15:45 AM

I heard Galaxies was good until they let everyone be a Jedi (then it just sorta plummeted).  But I haven't really gotten into any MMOs before so...

Galaxies was ok until they let everyone be a Jedi later on when you install game the computer before you had to do certain missions but now you can easily become a Jedi. My friend has Galaxies and he told me that the game was getting stupid little by little.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Raymei on October 30, 2008, 09:15:45 AM

Actually if you read up on the issue, it's MUCH worse then that. Being a Jedi or Sith meant that you had to master AT LEAST 4 paths. Only 3 of which you could get through rare Jedi/Sith holocrons. Meaning you might have to master 5+ paths.

Oh let's not forget they removed most of the classes, INVALIDATING many people's hard work over the years.

Oh FURTHERMORE the released an expansion with new classes and other goodies...even though two weeks later they removed almost all of it with their "Upgrade". They oversimplified things and totally screwed up the game for a lot of the veteran players, all to make it more user-friendly for the new ones.

Chewie

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on October 30, 2008, 04:16:59 PM
Actually if you read up on the issue, it's MUCH worse then that. Being a Jedi or Sith meant that you had to master AT LEAST 4 paths. Only 3 of which you could get through rare Jedi/Sith holocrons. Meaning you might have to master 5+ paths.

Holocrons were the start of the path to darkness for that game. They should have never let people know what they had to do to unlock Jedi. I did 31 out 32 professions to get mine. The total was only 5 but which 5 was the key.

It being hidden and something you might have just stumbled upon was so much better than knowing you had to mindlessly grind everything under the sun or just rolling a Jedi whenever you wanted after the NGE.

At least with ToR Jedi are expected to be a starting thing or something gained similar to KoToR.

Raymei

Yeah, that's what I heard about that I liked.
Having you play the game as if it didn't even have force capabilities, and then maybe-maybe not getting to become a Jedi/Sith.

I never really looked into the previous game because  :P
a) never been big on MMORPGs (but I've only had a system I could actually PLAY one on recently)
b) while I started out my early years a Star Wars fan, I actually fell out of the swing of things.  Well, until these past several months, I'd say.
I blame that on my roommate having all these awesome SW comics for me to read  XD

Gatsby

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on October 30, 2008, 01:23:43 AM
YOu should read the Darth Bane books, since they're from that time period!! Although I think it's a earlier then the game, but I'm not sure. I'm halfway through the first book and it's REALLY good stuff to!! <3

Heck yes they are amazing! And actually they take place after this game if I remember correctly. This game takes place 500 years after KotOR while the Darth Bane duology takes place 3000 years.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on November 07, 2008, 09:42:16 PM
Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on October 30, 2008, 01:23:43 AM

Heck yes they are amazing! And actually they take place after this game if I remember correctly. This game takes place 500 years after KotOR while the Darth Bane duology takes place 3000 years.
I know it's something like that. Although Darth Bane is really the closest we come to learning much about that era in any real detail, other then some bits and pieces you might read from some of the roleplaying books...

Gatsby

The books have the feeling of an exact KotOR sequel since they're written by one of the main writers of KotOR. I really hope he continues them by making a Zannah series. She is such an awesomely ruthless Sith. :)

But back on topic. My friend and I are already making a pact that we'll be on opposite sides, yet stay allies.

Raymei

ah!
my roommate has all these books!  mm....  I've want to read them  T_T  but I'm worried the interest in them would be misinterpreted  *lawl!*

Ayanami Rei First Child

Raymei

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on November 12, 2008, 02:43:43 PM
how would your interest in books be misinterpreted...?

lol thinking I only want to read them because he's into them (sorta-kinda seeing each other, but nothing official  T_T way to complicate things, right?  lol), especially since he knows I know Darth Bane is one of his favorite characteres  :P

ANYWAY!
He's going to let me borrow them, but he's having me go through the Tales of the Jedi first (and I have to finish the second KotOR game before he'll let me read the Bane books  lmao)

Ayanami Rei First Child

I never finished either of the KoTOR games...or even played much of them...

Although I'm trying to get my friends to join the Dark Brotherhood FTW!