Other Hobbes besides anime?

Started by Akito Starwind, October 27, 2008, 10:28:59 PM

Akito Starwind

hey anyone have other Hobbes besides anime?  I do Fish tanks, and Pinball machines.
Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008

Mizuki

Playing random old SNK fighting games no one gives a poop about.

rude32

Quote from: Mizuki on October 27, 2008, 10:32:01 PM
Ooooo which ones?
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Runewitt

bikes. y'know gas saving veicles.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Gatsby

Reading and writing. :) I love to write though I haven't done much lately. Actually I haven't written anything in exchange for programming. I enjoy programming so much. :)

Lactose

painting. and music. and WoW. and reading. anndd ummm....working on my comic (which i really need to get around to doing..)
Lactose = Liz

Mizuki

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 27, 2008, 11:48:00 PM
Quote from: rude32 on October 27, 2008, 10:57:30 PM
Ooooo which ones?
cvs2  :D

@rude32: Fighter's History Dynamite, King of Fighters '95, Waku Waku 7, Fatal Fury Special...

@JT That's not an SNK game lol

XpHoBiaX

Tattooing
Leather Craft
Sewing, knitting
Painting, drawing
Misc crafts.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Jun-Watarase

Where to begin... I pick up interests really frequently, so something new always comes up. Between some of my friends, they get somewhat amazed by how often I find something to become obsessed about.

Here are some of the basic ones, though.

EDIT: Maybe I'll just bold them out so the mass wall of text won't be as overwhelming. XD;

I'm into fashion, and I enjoy following fashion media. Clothes, cosmetics, shoes, you name it. Very girly stuff. It's a lot more complicated than most would like to think, though! It is a combination of health, aesthetics, biology, and skilled designing crafting. A lot of women who get into it learn a thing or two about marketing as well. Beauty is a very important part of social culture, and it's amazing how greatly you can change one's aesthetics if given the right fashions and cosmetics. It's amazing how the body becomes a canvas and once finished, a walking artform. It could become as personal as helping one gain self-confidence in their beauty, to something as impersonal as simply using their biological canvas to carry out your vision. That extends to my interest in body modifications-- I like looking at certain piercings and namely, tattoos. I love looking at tattoos, but I haven't been settled on thinking of my own yet. I feel that it's much too early to personally participate. Occasionally, I'll study into holistic things like massage and meditation. Not much of the latter, lately, though.

I'm into music. I like studying into culture, artists, techniques, and instruments. I can enjoy almost every genre, but my favorites are notably rock and jazz. Every genre has its own intricate culture and important figures, meaning there are many things set out to learn about them and their history. At some point, I learned how to digitally create music via Abelton Live, but my input devices were rented so I haven't done much of that lately. Learning about different decades is always fun, from the 60's to the New Millennium, and their differences. I'd like to say that my personal favorite in terms of sound would be the 80's in rock music, and cheesy pop-music, but I'm rather shy about this fact as my boyfriend would totally own me in terms of this, knowledge-wise.

I love cartoons, so once in a while, I'll go into escapades of looking into watching my favorite childhood 90's cartoons over whenever possible. I enjoy some cartoons that broadcast now, but most of them are very lackluster in comparison to the ones then. Perhaps it's nostalgia, generation-bias, stuff like that. I love it that I can bring cartoons up in conversations with almost anyone I know, saying, "Hey! You remember THIS?" and go on. I guess that also brings up one of my hobbies of... uh, talking to strangers, chilling with homeless people, silly things like that on occasion.

I'm into science and study. As many people, I have an innate interest in "what makes people tick". Firstly, psychology and neurology. Having majored in it for a short period of time, I at least have a very basic grasp of the science itself. (But majoring in psych is complete BS, and you will most definitely be surrounded by pseudo-intellectual retards. Don't do it for your own sake. P.S. 10 years writing thesis papers ahoy.) Along with that, I decided to self-study anthropology (My friend studied to become an anthropology professor, so she and the textbooks she has lent me serve as sufficient sources.) along with sociology. But last, but not least, where my heart is... is studying anatomy and physiology. Granted, I am not an expert in, or in any of these truly, but one of my favorite personal interests was studying into human anatomy, favorites being the cardiovascular and nervous system. I think I enjoy biology in general.

I guess one more thing pertaining science that I found interest in was chemistry, but since I seem to lack the power to be a complete nerd, I've been really lazy with this one. Personal interests are anything with biological variables. Simply put, poisons, neurotoxins (natural ones, so far. i.e. venom), psychotropics, and lol, narcotics. I don't perform much personal experimentation of course. Another interest branching from this is possibly my love for vintage apothecary supplies. I also have a thing for vintage medical tools. Probably stuff I'd collect in the future if I had spare money to do so. I thought about becoming a coroner at some point. I probably won't carry out this hobby, but if I had the chance to dissect a human body and take it apart, I'd love to. I'd also probably partake in some minor cannibalism, just to see what it's like-- though too much would probably give me unwanted hormone imbalances. I've heard that the best cut is the small of the back.

I enjoy reading. Though, I admit not to be as culturally rich in literature in comparison to truly avid readers-- but really, those are quite rare. I like reading provocative material. My favorite authors so far are Haruki Murakami, Chuck Palahniuk, and Chuck Klosterman. If I want a good light read, I look for something by Banana Yoshimoto. Currently trying to read through House of Leaves. God damn. I'm not a very spiritual person, but sometimes I enjoy reading into religious text "just because". Occasionally, I'll attempt at writing. Some say I'm eloquent, but I think this post proves that to be horribly wrong.

Though I'm not very artistic myself (to my standards, anyway), I have an affinity for artsy-stuff. I appreciate looking into designs and innovations, awesome ad-campaigns, crafting, not really limited to any sort of media. This is a pretty open field. I enjoy photography, fashion photography, artistic photography, journalistic photography, but lack the income to pursue it as a hobby with adequate equipment. I enjoy graffiti-- not tagging, but graffiti as an actual artform. I suck at freehand, so I learned to make stencils. I find film and film culture to be really interesting, and I love it when others expose me to movies. And like many others, I enjoy dance. Nothing really special here-- these sorts of interests aren't very well explained with words.

I am probably leaving something out here, but those are the basics of my hobbies and interests before it truly becomes tl;dr... and other interests may not be suitable for all-ages, sexualities, and morality of this board. wwww

P.S. Harassing Mizuki is always fun.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mizuki

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mizuki on October 28, 2008, 03:14:47 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on October 28, 2008, 03:10:12 PM
P.S. Harassing Mizuki is always fun.

Nobody loves Dr. House.

I do~ You're so adorably cute, I want to paralyze you, **** **** ****** ***, slice you up and snuggle in your warm squishiness of your cute cute cute adorable-ness. <3 <3 <3 <3

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

SweetNiar

1) Music
2) Photography
3) Computer Graphics (Graphic Design)
4) A bird paradise I built up in my backyard.  Its big enough so i sectioned a spot to where i have a few bird feeders with seed and red sugar water for humming birds, a couple bird baths, pleanty of branches and a couple of trees.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Mizuki on October 28, 2008, 12:25:19 PM
Ooooo which ones?

@rude32: Fighter's History Dynamite, King of Fighters '95, Waku Waku 7, Fatal Fury Special...

capcom vs. SNK  :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 28, 2008, 05:05:47 PM
Ooooo which ones?

CvS 1 and 2 were both produced by Capcom. Didn't take much to look that up. lol

FanimaidCafe.com

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ultramangaia

movie going
buying used dvds
some visual kei bands and european metal bands.
japanese anime figures
watching the newer Kamen rider and ultraman series
going out for food
hang out with friends

Kazuko

Some hobbies I kinda do at the moment, I recentally picked up knitting so Currently Im knitting scarves and my next project is a baby blanket. I also like fashion, I love runway glam and couture styles because they are so unique. I also look at Haute Couture makeup and hairstyles. I look up coordinates to go together for lolita looks, I like to toy arround with my hair, I tried to do curls but I want do do crazy styling to it. Its hard sometimes since im only doing it myself X) I also like to sew mainly lolita headbows and headdresses I am still inexperienced with sewing machines so everything I do is handsewn

but mainly I just go on my laptop and watch shit on niconico douga X)

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on October 28, 2008, 05:55:33 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on October 28, 2008, 05:05:47 PM
Ooooo which ones?

CvS 1 and 2 were both produced by Capcom. Didn't take much to look that up. lol
Looks like nobody gets the point in my post. *sigh*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X