Two rooms or a Suite?

Started by mlarad, October 30, 2008, 04:34:47 AM

mlarad

Hello!

This past FanimeCon 2008 was my first time attending. I enjoyed very much and I want to come back next year. Although, I'm a cosplayer and my friends are too, we always take a lot of stuff with us to every con we attend. Because of this, we always try to get a suite whenever a convention offers one with their rate plans. Otherwise, our stuff usually won't fit in a regular guestroom like in this past Fanime. We were very crowded in one of the Marriott guestrooms. They are too small and four people with cosplay stuff don't fit.

This coming year we are planning to either get two connecting rooms or a suite. We don't know how big the suites are and in the website they don't have pictures of the suites. We are not sure if the two rooms will get us more space than a suite because in the guestrooms there is not that much space to move around. We are looking for more space for put our cosplay stuff and there will be four people of us.

Does anyone has stayed in both a guestroom and a suite and how would you compare them? What do you suggest?

Also, does anyone knows if the rooms in the corners are more expensive?

All your help will be greatly appreciate it!!!
Thanks for reading!

M

Quote from: mlarad on October 30, 2008, 04:34:47 AM
Hello!

This past FanimeCon 2008 was my first time attending. I enjoyed very much and I want to come back next year. Although, I'm a cosplayer and my friends are too, we always take a lot of stuff with us to every con we attend. Because of this, we always try to get a suite whenever a convention offers one with their rate plans. Otherwise, our stuff usually won't fit in a regular guestroom like in this past Fanime. We were very crowded in one of the Marriott guestrooms. They are too small and four people with cosplay stuff don't fit.

This coming year we are planning to either get two connecting rooms or a suite. We don't know how big the suites are and in the website they don't have pictures of the suites. We are not sure if the two rooms will get us more space than a suite because in the guestrooms there is not that much space to move around. We are looking for more space for put our cosplay stuff and there will be four people of us.

Does anyone has stayed in both a guestroom and a suite and how would you compare them? What do you suggest?

Also, does anyone knows if the rooms in the corners are more expensive?

All your help will be greatly appreciate it!!!
Thanks for reading!

I've actually never stayed in the Marriott, but the corner rooms in the Hilton are generally suites.

A suite can fit in numerous people (I can't give an exact number as I'm not sure) but if it's not enough, you could always get a suite + the attachment room (provided that the Marriott has roughly the same layout as the Hilton).

Your best bet would be to call up the Marriott and just ask them, their staff is very helpful. :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

FanFicGuru

I've stayed in both a guestroom and a suite at the Marriott.

While the suites aren't that much more expensive than a guest-room, they are slightly bigger and offer a sofa-bed and two chairs in addition to the beds already present in the room. How crowded were you in the guest room last year? If you were very crowded, I might suggest just getting two rooms and maybe renting out a couple of the sleep spots to help off-set the cost. If you weren't that crowded, a single suite should do you just fine.

The suite's maximum sleep occupancy is 6 I believe, instead of the guest room's limit of 4.

Do you live in the area? If you do, you could always arrange to have a look at one of the suites. That would give you a better idea of the size and whether it will suit your needs.

For regular attendees who just want to store swag, suites are an excellent investment. For cosplayers with lots of costumes AND swag...you might be better off getting two rooms, or as MPLe suggested, a suite with a room attached.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

mlarad

Thanks, I'm actually more concern about the cosplay stuff that we are taking. Because there will be four of us in total but only three are cosplayers. This past time, we were three people in a guestroom with double beds and the stuff was everywhere it could fit. We only had a small place to walk through and also the restroom is very small. I usually stay in Marriott whenever I go to a con and this is the smallest guestrooms I have stayed.

I think I would get the suite since we need the space not the beds. Thanks for your reply!

Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 01, 2008, 05:36:11 PM
I've stayed in both a guestroom and a suite at the Marriott.

While the suites aren't that much more expensive than a guest-room, they are slightly bigger and offer a sofa-bed and two chairs in addition to the beds already present in the room. How crowded were you in the guest room last year? If you were very crowded, I might suggest just getting two rooms and maybe renting out a couple of the sleep spots to help off-set the cost. If you weren't that crowded, a single suite should do you just fine.

The suite's maximum sleep occupancy is 6 I believe, instead of the guest room's limit of 4.

Do you live in the area? If you do, you could always arrange to have a look at one of the suites. That would give you a better idea of the size and whether it will suit your needs.

For regular attendees who just want to store swag, suites are an excellent investment. For cosplayers with lots of costumes AND swag...you might be better off getting two rooms, or as MPLe suggested, a suite with a room attached.