Karaoke registration

Started by aynri, November 04, 2008, 06:34:04 PM

aynri

hi im new here, and I was wondering if you have to pre-register to enter in the karaoke contest? And if you don't then where do I sign up? And what are the rules?

Hank-KKD

You don't have to, but doing so will guarantee you a spot in the contest.

Karaoke contest pre-registration will be in late April/early May. Rules are expected to be up in late Feb/early March.

erandir

How hard is it to get into the competition if you do not register? I almost always miss the online reg for the karaoke contest (and in the end it turns out to be not so bad because last year I was in the hospital the day it happened), but in case I'm actually able to make it to the contest this year would I need to show up hugely in advance just to get a spot, or is it pretty open?

oc3anofdr3ams

I hadn't registered until the day of last year and I barely made it.  One girl did not show up and it turned out her name was right before me and my group.  X3

But there were apparently 10 other people that signed up before me, so I would say Iw as just extreeeemely lucky.

zoupzuop2

If I may add, it is VERY much in your interest to register pre-con for the Karaoke. SCHEDULE YOURSELF EARLY unless you have nerves of steel to bear through the first round of contestants and have ABSOLUTELY nothing else to do.

(Me? Bitter? No...)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Hank-KKD

If memory serves, we took about 10 of the people who signed up at the convention, and around 2 or 3 did not get in.

Historically, most people who sign up at con get in, but not all. Your mileage may vary, past performance is not an indicator of future results, etc etc.

pandora

I missed pre-reg sign ups for Karaoke last year and found out when the at-con sign ups would be, and pretty much camped out the spot about an hour before they went out. I was the first there and got into the competition, but there was already about 10+ people waiting for the at-con registration before it even went up, so I advise you to either register online if you can, or wait out the board like I did.

slimchance

When will the karaoke registration be up?

Hank-KKD

Online registration will open in early May.

Contest rules will be up by the end of this month. At this time, we are not anticipating any major changes.

Nina Star 9

Is the date/time set for the contest yet?

I may or may not sign up this year. I'm debating it.

RadioactiveKitty

hey we got in quickly- lol and might i say WE DID PRETTY DA** GOOD! yes i am being conceited... we were doing the ding dong song and we had A LOT of people come up on stage, we will prolly do it again... i will prolly try to recruit people to go see it lolol it was fun times ^-^ *memory lane*

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 16, 2009, 07:27:49 PM
hey we got in quickly- lol and might i say WE DID PRETTY DA** GOOD! yes i am being conceited... we were doing the ding dong song and we had A LOT of people come up on stage, we will prolly do it again... i will prolly try to recruit people to go see it lolol it was fun times ^-^ *memory lane*

wait- as a response to my remark above, like is there 2 Karaoke events? i mean coz we were in a small room- and there were not that many heads there after we got some people on stage with us lol-

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on March 13, 2009, 10:00:49 PM
Is the date/time set for the contest yet?

It will likely be on Friday night, same as last year.

LakuriSyaoran

is there an age requirement for the contest like there is at anime expo? or is it anyone can join?

Hank-KKD

There is no official age limit, but you have to be able to perform yourself without any help. We've had contestants as young as 13, and as old as 57.