I hope this goes here: Art help?

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, November 06, 2008, 11:07:00 AM

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I really love drawing, along time ago (more like 2 or 3 years ago) I used to draw to relieve stress or make me feel better when I was sad or upset... Now I rarely draw at all because I listen to music now (OMGILUFFMUSIK!). I miss drawing though, but now it's like... Everytime I draw, I can't put whats in my mind on the paper, or convey how I fell on paper, and it's so frustrating. I might draw a nice or half ass picture, but it isn't what I want to draw... I also have a tendency to be VERY hasty in my drawings... Any advice?

Rei-Rei

Have you tried multi-tasking?
Listening to music while you draw? For me that's what I normally do if I am forced to draw...

XpHoBiaX

You're not the only one. I do that a lot too. I tend to work on 6-7 drawings a day, but only ever really finish 1. Don't force yourself to to draw something completely, especially if it's not all comming to you right away. Sometimes it's a touch an go process.
Music helps alot to organize your thoughts while drawing something. Or perhaps meditate a bit on your idea before you draw it. 

That is all I can say. It's a matter of personal opinion really. 

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

otakuapprentice

I used to be able to draw really good.......but not anymore. I lost my skills.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Thats what I'm afraid is going to happen to meehh!! I love art so much. BUT, no... I actually havent tried listening to music while I draw... Maybe I will... Yeh, like some Origa or Maya Sakamoto.

XpHoBiaX

My talents did that for about 3 years. Just totally disapeared. Then I had this explosion of talent just recently. @_@ Now, instead of using pencils and paper, I am using needles and flesh. X3
It's like fandom crack.

Just set aside some time for yourself and you favorite music, and have at it. X3

2010 cosplay...?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Yesh, being artistic can be weird... It's kinda like a light sometimes... The only thing is, you can't really control where or the not the light is off or on. -_-

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on November 13, 2008, 04:12:05 PM
Yesh, being artistic can be weird... It's kinda like a light sometimes... The only thing is, you can't really control where or the not the light is off or on. -_-

I understand. My mentor thought I was putting together a real awesome drawing, I hadn't moved for like 20 minutes from the table. So he was like "Yeah she's the serious artist, she's working on a new flash for our wall."

I had an 'orly?' look and held up a page full of mushroom doodles becuase I couldn't draw what I wanted to draw.

2010 cosplay...?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

XD I'll just look at more tetsuya nomura stuff and get inspired.

XpHoBiaX

I stare at a lot of stuff too...but I can never seem to draw what I look at. *sad panda*

2010 cosplay...?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I knooooow!  D:<<<

I hate that shih!

XpHoBiaX

Didja draw anything yet? lol I drew a star, and then had to tattoo it...and it was hard. Stars suck.   >:(

Could you make your sig a little smaller? It's sorta too big. O_o

2010 cosplay...?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Not yet, I'm not really inspired by anything lately... -Goes to stare at Tetsuya Nomura stuff- >:3

I dun know how... >_> I sawri.

XpHoBiaX

well, it's small now. :3

I just got back into my drawing groove now. >:3 Maybe I'll get something published now...after a week of just doing nothing. O_o

2010 cosplay...?