HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUN-WATARASE ;O

Started by Kazuko, November 07, 2008, 01:17:14 AM

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 15, 2008, 01:36:28 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 15, 2008, 01:21:43 PM
Your eyes are beautiful! I wish mine were, but I never know how to pose them in my photos and I always end up looking tired. I'm terrible at curling my lashes, too.

As for eyeliner, normally what people do is lightly pull the skin so it's easier to run the liner on your lashline. That's pretty much it. The supposed proper way to apply it is to draw it from the outside and in, a little past the iris on the top, and right at the end of the iris on the bottom, becoming thinner as you go in.

Thanks... Wait out then in? I think I'm doing it wrong then. xD I go from the inside out, but I prefer doing it that way for some reason.. I don't know, it depends if I am using liquid liner or the gel ones by MAC.

Yeah, I find it easier to go from inside first, then out, for applying eyeliner, but in order to make the right shape of the line (thick on the outside, thinner towards the inside), it's better to start from the outside first. By this, though, I mean gel liners with brushes, or pencil liners/soft kohls. Most professional tutorials I've seen from large magazines and their online videos normally say that the proper way is this, for control reasons. If you get the result the same way, then it shouldn't b a problem doing it your own way.

If it's liquid liner, I'd think it's generally the same, but depending on how you control it, it might be better to start inside, and just apply more pressure towards the outside to make the line thicker. It could be better to do it from the inside because most people who use liquid liners tend to want some of the liner to be drawn extending from the lashline to outside of it. Like those flicks at the end from the corner of the eye. That way, you can finish it with just one line, etc. Going by my own logic, here.

P.S. What kind of eyeshadow are you using in that pic?

Your eyes are really pretty, seriously. I think it's your eyelids that I like the most. I have double-eyelids, but they're pretty much evenly folded throughout the entire thing, whereas yours has this cool feature of how it's open from the outside, but starts to close from the top fold to the inner corners. Jealous!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 15, 2008, 07:34:14 PM
Your eyes are really pretty, seriously. I think it's your eyelids that I like the most. I have double-eyelids, but they're pretty much evenly folded throughout the entire thing, whereas yours has this cool feature of how it's open from the outside, but starts to close from the top fold to the inner corners. Jealous!
Thanks. ^^
I'm using Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow by Bobbi brown... I got it in a neutral tones compact....
Limited edition compact I believe... But you still can get the individual colors here:
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY2751&PRODUCT_ID=PROD12725

My eyes just LOOK like they're perfect... But actually it's really annoying since both of the folds are different in width, so when I apply eyeliner down evenly, one eye looks bigger than another.... I just create the illusion they look pefect by applying thicker liner to the eye with more area between the folds... Which I believe is my left eye...

If your eyes are even all the way, you could perhaps thin it out at the corners and make it extra thick at the center... It might help? I've seen this trick done by a couple of people and they look gorgeous. But Jun, you're eyes are fine. ^^
They're really pretty!

Edit: Now that I look at those colors, they seem really mute, but in real life they contain very VERY small glitter particles. Don't worry about going for the mute colors because it will SHINE. The ones I used for my eyes are a sandy color, their white, and a dark brown... It goes on very lightly... Not even the dark brown could change the colors on my eyes that much.. And the glitter brings it out even more...