Registration FAQ! (resurrected: 1/3/10)

Started by ewu, November 09, 2008, 06:26:10 PM

ewu

Q: What are the steps for pre-registration?
A:
1) Go here
   a: Click "Start a new registration!"
   b: Create a login
   c: Check your e-mail and confirm your account
   d: Click "Register a New Fan"
   e: Enter info
   f: Pay via PayPal
2) Print out confirmation postcard when we announce they are available
3) Bring postcard and Fanime approved identification to con any day before the end of con
4) Enjoy con

Q: I Pre-registered at the convention last year and was wondering how I am able to confirm that.
A: We have loaded in the accounts, but they are still inaccessible to you. Soon we will bring up the ability to create logins and passwords so that you may view your account.

Q: Is a student ID acceptable?
A: We can only take valid government issued IDs like a passport, driver's license, or California ID. Student IDs are inconsistent and not standardized, and as such, we cannot take them.

Q: I am under 18 and do not have a drivers license or passport
A: All Fanime members must have valid government issued ID. The only exception are those under 18 attending with a responsible guardian (of the parental caliber). The guardian must also be a registered Fanime member and have valid government issued ID. The guardian will be responsible for the minor and all his or her actions.

If you still have questions, feel free to e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom.

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

I found this response amusing, so here it is again:

We do not take school IDs because we need a reliable way to confirm that you are indeed you. A school ID is simply not standardized nor verified. There are varying amounts of information on them. Minimum we are looking for 1) picture 2) name 3) address.....physical description would be nice too.....and quite simply school IDs do not have that.

Why do we need these things?
1) so that someone is not registering your membership
2) so that we can use your addy when someone has the same name (The number of Nguyens is absurd)
3) Know who we have at our con for law enforcement
4) know who/where to contact if you get hurt or incapacitated (I don't understand unconscious people that well)
5) Know who to contact if you break the rules/the law/stuff  (They tend to lie)

So yah, questions? e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom