how do u make the kagamine len and rins head phone

Started by laganndriller, November 11, 2008, 09:37:20 PM

XpHoBiaX

I don't see a picture, or whatever you are trying to show.
Maybe it's just me though.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

RaddaX2

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on November 12, 2008, 09:21:44 PM
I don't see a picture, or whatever you are trying to show.
Maybe it's just me though.

na actually he does that alot.  Anyways it's a vocaloid thing so it looks something like this
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

laganndriller

ORE WO DARE DA TOMOTTEYAGARU

Kazuko

Try uploading to a photobucket or tinypic because sometimes alot of people hotlink the same image and it breaks

anyway what I have seen people usually paint the headphones white and go from there like radio or DJ headphones with a flat square surface rather than a round egg kind

laganndriller

Quote from: Kazuko on November 12, 2008, 10:18:38 PM
Try uploading to a photobucket or tinypic because sometimes alot of people hotlink the same image and it breaks

anyway what I have seen people usually paint the headphones white and go from there like radio or DJ headphones with a flat square surface rather than a round egg kind

hm...i was thinking of that but is that the only way?

Kazuko

Quote from: laganndriller on November 12, 2008, 11:41:08 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on November 12, 2008, 10:18:38 PM

hm...i was thinking of that but is that the only way?
Im not sure but you can try to look arround the internet to see if they make custom colored ones or look arround the cosplay.com forums for any advice

Jun-Watarase

Honestly, I think this sort of cosplay may be too advanced for you if you couldn't take the time to at least think of how you could've constructed the headphones, especially when a suggestion like painting headphones came as a surprise to you.

Actually, to make them correctly, most people purchase headsets, create attachments onto the headset to create the desired shape (mainly the earpieces, either out of foam or molds made from aluminum), spray paint a base coat of white, paint in smaller details however you see fit, spray with a matte acrylic finishing spray to seal the paint in place. Voila.

But that's just the headset. I've seen so many people screw up Vocaloid cosplays without paying any attention to detail. It's a really simple concept, too, but some things are difficult to translate into reality. Proportions of the cosplays are always wrong (And really, proportions can seriously make a cosplay look all wrong), especially the collar placement, and one thing people always get wrong... is that he has a tie-like scarf, rather than a sailor scarf like Rin.

But the most difficult thing about cosplaying Len is his hair. His hair is difficult to style a wig into, correctly. Also, keep in mind that Len is a young boy. Not shaving your legs or your face when cosplaying him would just be disturbing.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

laganndriller

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 13, 2008, 12:35:24 PM
Honestly, I think this sort of cosplay may be too advanced for you if you couldn't take the time to at least think of how you could've constructed the headphones, especially when a suggestion like painting headphones came as a surprise to you.

Actually, to make them correctly, most people purchase headsets, create attachments onto the headset to create the desired shape (mainly the earpieces, either out of foam or molds made from aluminum), spray paint a base coat of white, paint in smaller details however you see fit, spray with a matte acrylic finishing spray to seal the paint in place. Voila.

But that's just the headset. I've seen so many people screw up Vocaloid cosplays without paying any attention to detail. It's a really simple concept, too, but some things are difficult to translate into reality. Proportions of the cosplays are always wrong (And really, proportions can seriously make a cosplay look all wrong), especially the collar placement, and one thing people always get wrong... is that he has a tie-like scarf, rather than a sailor scarf like Rin.

But the most difficult thing about cosplaying Len is his hair. His hair is difficult to style a wig into, correctly. Also, keep in mind that Len is a young boy. Not shaving your legs or your face when cosplaying him would just be disturbing.

the painting over headphones wasnt surpirsing to me i knew about this but the reason why i posted this was to find if thee was any other way i mean im going to make a mech and if i cant find a way to head that would be sad..
also i like ur suggestions

and about shaving my legs and stuff i do that already lol and it would be kinda creepy

RaddaX2

Quote from: laganndriller on November 13, 2008, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 13, 2008, 12:35:24 PM
Also, keep in mind that Len is a young boy. Not shaving your legs or your face when cosplaying him would just be disturbing.

and about shaving my legs and stuff i do that already lol and it would be kinda creepy

You shave your legs?! wtf, okay this is news to me.
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

laganndriller

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

laganndriller

i accidentally triple posted..again can anyone tell me how to delete posts if thats possible

Kazuko

You cant foo! all you could to is click modify to add on to a post

laganndriller

Kazuko

Quote from: laganndriller on November 14, 2008, 03:24:46 PM
how come in the  help place it says u can delete post
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?action=help;page=post
well the delete key doesnt really pop up unless you go back to your old posts and see the delete button

:U anyway try it

laganndriller

Quote from: Kazuko on November 14, 2008, 03:54:54 PM
Quote from: laganndriller on November 14, 2008, 03:24:46 PM
how come in the  help place it says u can delete post
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?action=help;page=post
well the delete key doesnt really pop up unless you go back to your old posts and see the delete button

:U anyway try it

hm..ok thanks

XpHoBiaX

You could always ask me to help you out and remove the unwanted post. O_o

2010 cosplay...?

laganndriller

o rly cuz i keep making triple post on accident like i quote myself instead of modify lol