"safer" place for glowsticking

Started by linda_bear, November 14, 2008, 02:53:18 PM

linda_bear

In a busy, well pack room like the main dance/rave, it's dangerous to have people doing any kind of crazy glowsticking, especially stringing. But it would be nice if there can be a more open area that allows people to safely play with glow sticks.  Beginners can learn how to string and chat with the pros and everyone else can dance while enjoying some glow stick craziness!

Some precedences:
1) the year i was at AX, they had a stringing workshop, large room and some pros were just walking around and giving tips to a mostly confused crowd of beginners (i believe some people from http://www.glowsticking.com/ were there)
2) the year i was at otakon, in addition to a regular dance room and a huge dance hall. (it was literately the the hall of the conference center decked out so speakers and lights.) there were plenty of room for ravers, break dancers and other crazy fun!
3) the year i was at AWA(really small), they had an out door area (patio of the hotel) where some ppl setup speakers. It was more laid back, with a lot of people hanging out and watching.

I don't know if this would be feasible @ fanime.
thanks for your time ^^

~ from a not-very-good-raver girl who like to see some pros hit the floor.

Kava

I'm certainly willing to give it some thought. I know, however, that we don't have the funds available to outfit another area to use for this right now. It's possible something like this could be arranged as one of the workshops that takes place during the daytime hours in the room used for dance. I'll suggest it to the people in charge of that room.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

linda_bear

sweet~

well.. let me know if you guys need help on this.. i can volunteer or something  ^^

abcbadcat

There should be a panel

I really wish I could glowstring well and that would be a panel I would be at for sure