Your MvC2 team

Started by TheAsianDude, November 14, 2008, 07:11:20 PM

TheAsianDude

So how're you gonna set up your team? for me the team i'll be playing as:
Strider - Doom Trap Team( Dr. Doom, Strider Hiryu, and Cable )
Here's to hoping I'll have a fair match with my opponents
( hoping for non - Magneto/Storm/Sentinel pros.......)

LordKefka

Blackheart/Sent/Commando
Blackheart/Cable/Commando
Sent/Cable/Commando
Sent/Doom/Commando
Storm/Sent/Psylocke
T.Bonne/Sent/Juggy

I didn't do as good this last Fanime even with my best team and walked away with only this...=\ (as compared to a 27 win streak 2004 a while back?...forgot).

I'm getting too worn out and old for this game..-_-;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JohnnyAR

*Bows*

Make me your apprentice!

LordKefka

Huh? I suck now with all honesty. I was better back in the days when I played in Circus Circus in Reno on my vacation trips during x-mas and Summer break.

But yeah, I'm pretty pissed off OakTree is gone since it was the only place close to me that had the game. The only other place I can go to from where I live is Metreon... which cost me $5 on BART back and forth...-_-;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JohnnyAR

Oh... nvm then...

Well anyways my team is usually...

War Machine/Sakura/Morrigan

But I'm thinking about trying some other characters...

TheAsianDude

Quote from: LordKefka on November 14, 2008, 09:37:11 PM
Huh? I suck now with all honesty. I was better back in the days when I played in Circus Circus in Reno on my vacation trips during x-mas and Summer break.

But yeah, I'm pretty pissed off OakTree is gone since it was the only place close to me that had the game. The only other place I can go to from where I live is Metreon... which cost me $5 on BART back and forth...-_-;

Metreon has MvC2 there? i don't remember seeing it....well maybe cuz it was back in '06 i think. i'm just sharpening up my skills since i got MvC2 for my ps2 at 15 bucks XD

otakuapprentice

Yea, they still have it; its in the far right corner of the arcade on the second floor.

Even though i suck at MvC2, i still like playing it for fun(although i haven't played it in ages...).
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

LordKefka

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 14, 2008, 10:20:33 PM

Metreon has MvC2 there? i don't remember seeing it....well maybe cuz it was back in '06 i think. i'm just sharpening up my skills since i got MvC2 for my ps2 at 15 bucks XD

I actually play it on DC instead. I have it for the PS2 as well, but it feels weird.

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 14, 2008, 10:31:55 PM
Yea, they still have it; its in the far right corner of the arcade on the second floor.

Even though i suck at MvC2, i still like playing it for fun(although i haven't played it in ages...).

I'm probably going to pig out there when I go back during x-mas.

If I'm getting beat by Juggy/T.Bonne/Sent team, there is something wrong with me...-_-;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TheAsianDude

Quote from: LordKefka on November 14, 2008, 10:35:26 PM

I actually play it on DC instead. I have it for the PS2 as well, but it feels weird.

Yeah i wish i had one of those things.....would be nice to see how the controls work on the DC plus i'd be able to play Skies of Arcadia and give it a shot. wait, the DC controller was that huge silver one right?

otakuapprentice

*cries* I miss my Dreamcast.......
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

LordKefka

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 14, 2008, 10:38:06 PM

Yeah i wish i had one of those things.....would be nice to see how the controls work on the DC plus i'd be able to play Skies of Arcadia and give it a shot. wait, the DC controller was that huge silver one right?

Well I mean the controls aren't much different (other than the fact the L/R button on the top of the controller are HUGE where you can accidentally press them if you place them on your legs).

And yeah, it's the huge silver one.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TheAsianDude

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 14, 2008, 10:39:47 PM
*cries* I miss the good ol' days when MvC, Mvc2, and Metal Slug were in almost every donut and liquor stores in San Jose....

LordKefka

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 14, 2008, 10:39:47 PM

You think YOU miss your DC. Trying feeling like an idiot like me when I brought home my DC but forgot my power cord for it back at college..=_=;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TheAsianDude

Quote from: LordKefka on November 14, 2008, 10:41:26 PM

Well I mean the controls aren't much different (other than the fact the L/R button on the top of the controller are HUGE where you can accidentally press them if you place them on your legs).

lol then wouldn't that mean you can do a team hyper combo on accident with bad timing? XD

LordKefka

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 14, 2008, 10:43:34 PM

lol then wouldn't that mean you can do a team hyper combo on accident with bad timing? XD

EDIT: yeah... you do. It's annoying.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TheAsianDude

Quote from: LordKefka on November 14, 2008, 10:48:13 PM

AHVB as in Air Hyper Viper Beam as much as possible? i've been trying to practice that but it's frickin hard to do ( if you mean starting to do it from ground and jumping in the air and at the right moment which is like a millisecond to me you input the command and you pull it off )

LordKefka

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 14, 2008, 10:51:09 PM

AHVB as in Air Hyper Viper Beam as much as possible? i've been trying to practice that but it's frickin hard to do ( if you mean starting to do it from ground and jumping in the air and at the right moment which is like a millisecond to me you input the command and you pull it off )

It's actually really easy once you get used to it. I never practiced it on a system or anything (I mean... unless you're trying to practice Iron Man, Sent, Magneto etc etc inf. or something..-_-;). To get better, you play against good people and not the cpu all day. You should play at the Metreon sometimes.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TheAsianDude

Quote from: LordKefka on November 14, 2008, 10:59:10 PM

It's actually really easy once you get used to it. I never practiced it on a system or anything (I mean... unless you're trying to practice Iron Man, Sent, Magneto etc etc inf. or something..-_-;). To get better, you play against good people and not the cpu all day. You should play at the Metreon sometimes.

Wish i could but i don't live in San Francisco so i'll just have to bear practicing with a PS2 remote. say what was the grand prize if you won the tournament?

LordKefka

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 14, 2008, 11:03:20 PM
Quote from: LordKefka on November 14, 2008, 10:59:10 PM

Wish i could but i don't live in San Francisco so i'll just have to bear practicing with a PS2 remote. say what was the grand prize if you won the tournament?

I think it was a jp game of your choice or something. Being a jp game, the only one I would have wanted would have been Melty Blood... which I wouldn't have be able to play since I don't own a jp or modded PS2..~_~
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor