About Yu-Gi-Oh cards...

Started by TheAsianDude, November 14, 2008, 10:29:04 PM

TheAsianDude

How many of you would buy them? if you would would you buy them in boosters, decks, singles, or a mix? just hoping they sell DAD ( Dark Armed Dragon ) for a reasonable price.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I would not buy boosters, I have target for that. Now selling as singles, I would buy, provided you have something of interest.
BTW, my friend is going to be all over any Fairy Injection Lilys =3

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Yuu

I haven't played that game in years.

The reason is because it was getting to be that whoever had the most money won because of ridiculous cards that were coming out.
So I guess, it depends on just how insane the most recent cards are.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Yuu on November 16, 2008, 03:46:58 PM

The reason is because it was getting to be that whoever had the most money won because of ridiculous cards that were coming out.
All the broken cards have been put on a Forbidden/limited list.
Though the game is still money equals power in a way.
But old school was also just a beatdown game. Now its rare to see any card WITHOUT a effect.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TheAsianDude

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 16, 2008, 03:43:44 PM
I would not buy boosters, I have target for that. Now selling as singles, I would buy, provided you have something of interest.
so wait, are you gonna sell your cards? if you are what kinds do you have? i'm planning to make a zombie world deck.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 17, 2008, 10:09:00 PM
so wait, are you gonna sell your cards? if you are what kinds do you have? i'm planning to make a zombie world deck.
No.
If I were, there is not much of any value to any of them.
3/4ths are 6 or so years old, the rest were obtained just recenetly.
The only thing worth anything is my Ultimate Rare Raiza, the Storm Monarch.
You know you want it.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Yuu

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 17, 2008, 04:11:00 PM
Quote from: Yuu on November 16, 2008, 03:46:58 PM

All the broken cards have been put on a Forbidden/limited list.
Though the game is still money equals power in a way.
But old school was also just a beatdown game. Now its rare to see any card WITHOUT a effect.

No, not for me. At least it was as far from 'beat down' as I could posisbly make it.

It was just starting to get that way when I 'left'. But I didn't like most of the effects either. " make your opponent pay 1000 LP to do another 5000 LP of damage to themselves ( an exaggeration, I know)

Can't say I don't miss the the tournaments though. Ah nestalgia..

TheAsianDude

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 17, 2008, 11:33:06 PM
Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 17, 2008, 10:09:00 PM
No.
If I were, there is not much of any value to any of them.
3/4ths are 6 or so years old, the rest were obtained just recenetly.
The only thing worth anything is my Ultimate Rare Raiza, the Storm Monarch.
You know you want it.
meh not really have one myself i find it not that great. i'm more of the zombie/DARK type user

TC X0 Lt 0X

Personally, I love Light Fairy / Dark Fiend style decks.
But there so expensive to make effectively, so as of right now I have a Fire/Dark Gravity Bind Burn Deck. But it's still incomplete, and missing essentials (Give me your 'Level Limit - Area B' and 'Wave-Motion Cannon''s NOWES)! But it does all right. At least against Beatdown Decks like my friends. Against other decks, especially against decks that nullify effects, it just flatout dies.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Yuu

I had a Wind Deck"
Not an 'excuse to put nekkid girls' in my deck'. a WIND deck. 

The element was fitting;  " by the time you see it coming; it's too late" ( I don't knwow if that is how Wind decks were SUPPOSED to work, but it was very appropriate.

My friends INSIST on calling it " Ahm chargin mah lazer"

I guess it does fit.
It was VERY combo-dependant I was almost defenseless and lose a LOT of LP (mainly self-inflicted) and at the last minute pull off an epic one-hit-kill. ( the most I have ever managed was 14,450) but it took a LOT of time and planning.

*Siiiiigh* I do want to play again but

1) I forgot how the combos work
2) Since then I've lost a lot of my sight, I can't read them at all.
3) No one to play against
4) No knowlage of newer cards.

TheAsianDude

Quote from: Yuu on November 19, 2008, 01:21:02 PM
I had a Wind Deck"

The element was fitting;  " by the time you see it coming; it's too late" ( I don't knwow if that is how Wind decks were SUPPOSED to work, but it was very appropriate.

I guess it does fit.
It was VERY combo-dependant I was almost defenseless and lose a LOT of LP (mainly self-inflicted) and at the last minute pull off an epic one-hit-kill. ( the most I have ever managed was 14,450) but it took a LOT of time and planning.

well i like that quote of yours, but sadly, the quote isn't the case for wind decks. it's just basically tele-DADs, lightsworns, and gladiator beasts that are the decks that scream " by the time you see it coming; it's too late".....well hope you'll go for the tourney, i want some competition with my future zombie deck >:D

Yuu

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 20, 2008, 09:09:07 PM
I had a Wind Deck"

I guess it does fit.

well i like that quote of yours, but sadly, the quote isn't the case for wind decks. it's just basically tele-DADs, lightsworns, and gladiator beasts that are the decks that scream " by the time you see it coming; it's too late".....well hope you'll go for the tourney, i want some competition with my future zombie deck >:D

Huh, I guess mine was unique to wind decks. But then, I saw few of them at all, and they belonged to perverted old men who just wanted an excuse to use Gemini Elves and harpey ladies. >_<

Yeaa..even if I did figure out my deck again, I doubt I would be any compitition.I don't know any of the 'new cards'/stratagies. By new I mean anything in the past..3 years.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I had a Wind Deck"

I guess it does fit.

For now, for now...

Though a simple Macro Cosmos will screw over them lightsworns =P
That is if you have it in your deck.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TheAsianDude

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 21, 2008, 07:06:51 PM
I had a Wind Deck"

I guess it does fit.

For now, for now...

arghh.... second deck that annoys me the most is any deck that runs macro cosmos. Burn decks i hate the most.....still i'm pretty sure a zombie deck can dominate a macro deck 8)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: TheAsianDude on November 21, 2008, 07:19:25 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 21, 2008, 07:06:51 PM
I had a Wind Deck"

I guess it does fit.

For now, for now...

arghh.... second deck that annoys me the most is any deck that runs macro cosmos. Burn decks i hate the most.....still i'm pretty sure a zombie deck can dominate a macro deck 8)
[Sits back with his 'Inferno Reckless Summon'-ed Solar Flare Dragon's, hoping that the opponent does not draw Lightning Vortex]

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

I use to play YuGiOh but I stopped couple of months ago, I was using a Six Samurai deck, 2nd deck I didn't have the time to make it, it was a Dragon deck.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

LordKefka

Bah..
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JohnnyAR

I stopped playing yugioh in the 7th grade

so now I have a binder full of cards buried in my room somewhere.....

TC X0 Lt 0X

Not as epic as my box of cards...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Nanashi

YuGiOh has no semblance of balance what so ever. It boils down to who can get the biggest monster out first/who can use a trap card to kill said monster, than play big monster of your own.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html