"the new xbox experience"

Started by jazmatazz, November 20, 2008, 07:50:16 AM

jazmatazz

yay/nay?

i'm apathetic towards it right now, but the layout does kinda make me lol. a bunch of people have already downloaded the upgrade and made characters of themselves; it's kinda weird that they'd have more girl styles than guys though, considering what the ratio of males on females on x-box... oh well. wo0t
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Gatsby

Mind providing a link to said Xbox experience?

Stormfalcon

I suppose you can go over to xbox.com to get an idea of what's being talked about here, which is a revamp of the 360's interface and giving it Mii-like avatars among other things.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

I approve of it.
The dashboard fills a lot more alive now (especially when the old did not even have advertisements for me because it was an old account), and overall more better.
The most important feature was the party system. If you play LIVE as much as I do, you would understand why. Another is the Games being downloadable onto the hard drive. It exstends the 360s life, and the disks life, by not using the drive. It has also speed up load times by a fraction.
I have always supported the avatars. They are a fun little novelty. They even camp out better then I expected them to. The only thing that I dont like is the lack of clothing. But then again, there will be downloads for extra clothing, so I'm not worried.
The rest of it is ok. I spent a decent amount of time on Picture Party, laughing at all the pictures we had.
It was a change for the better.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

RaddaX2

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 20, 2008, 03:31:17 PM
The most important feature was the party system. If you play LIVE as much as I do, you would understand why. Another is the Games being downloadable onto the hard drive. It exstends the 360s life, and the disks life, by not using the drive. It has also speed up load times by a fraction.

Man, it's about time.  Btw how's the Netflix?
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: RaddaX2 on November 20, 2008, 04:57:56 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 20, 2008, 03:31:17 PM

Man, it's about time.  Btw how's the Netflix?
I don't have a netflix account, so i wouldn't know.
From what I understand, you can stream from your que list.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

AnimeEmperor

....better than it was, that's all that matters right?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Raymei

The Netflix is good  :)  Watched the original Legend of Zelda cartoon I used to watch before I could really play nintendo  lol  XD  it was awesome (Man, I forgot how MEAN Zelda was in it though)

I like most of the changes, but a lot of the sounds remind me of the Wii more than Xbox.  it's still cool, but it's taking a lot of getting used to for now.  I'm sure once it's been running for a while it'll be a positive change in the end.