Official Animal Crossing City Folk Friend Code and Trading topic

Started by Gatsby, November 30, 2008, 06:25:11 PM

Gatsby

Well just in case AC:CF hits big or there are others who want to visit each others towns, I'm making this topic.
You can post whatever kind of meeting or trade you want in here.

Haha... and an oversight on my part, I didn't post my own friend code. :P

Name: Alex
Town: Crouton
Friend Code: 4683-2157-8489

I just bought the game today, so I'd love to visit someone's town.

Rei-Rei

I was debating whether I should get this game or not...
Is it that interesting? Should I get it?

questionette

Rei Rei you totally should get the game!! It's so fun

Sadly, my DS was dropped out of a 13 story hotel room window  :'(

Gotta get another...

Rei-Rei

Ah I see. So this game is playable on both the Wii and DS??
But I mean.. What can you do in the game? I mean you can go places and interact with people....

questionette

Oooh, yeah my bad, AC: Wild World is DS, AC: City Folk is wii xD

Did you ever play it on game cube?

Basically the whole thing is that you move to a town, buy a house and make friends.
Your house is the center of everything - you can refurnish, enlarge (through payments to the bank), plant a garden around it, have others come visit it, etc.
AND the awesome thing about AC: the world is ever changing - it goes by real time and season, so if it's 11pm December 13th, it'll be dark outside and snowing :D (and you can make snowmen that give you stuff)

It's a really relaxing game, nice to pass the time with :D

Gatsby

Wild World is for the DS, but if you can transfer your catalog, town, and character (just none of the items) to City Folk.

The game still has the original AC feeling, but the new features are awesome. I definitely recommend it for just some fun leisure gaming. :)
questionette pretty much summed up the game perfectly. But your friends are animals for the most part. With the new wireless system it's even better. You can now go visit your friends' towns and invite them to yours. You can also go fishing and bug catching. The new town you can go to is a great edition. It makes the game feel more alive.

When I still played Wild World I used to host rare item giveaways and what not. :)

Rei-Rei

Ah I get it...
Kinda like Harvest Moon that I'm playing right now. Do guys did mention a bank, and buy stuff....
How does that work? Is it like the Sims where your character goes to work or something? Or is this like, buy money by paying real money?

questionette

Quote from: Rei-Rei on December 01, 2008, 10:00:19 PM
Ah I get it...
Kinda like Harvest Moon that I'm playing right now. Do guys did mention a bank, and buy stuff....
How does that work? Is it like the Sims where your character goes to work or something? Or is this like, buy money by paying real money?

You never have to use real money
You basically get loaned money by Tom Nook (awesome store keeper raccoon) and you work by running errands for animal friends and other stuff...and unlike the sims you're always in control of your character :)

Gatsby

You work for Tom Nook for maybe the first 20 minutes of the game, then you're free to do whatever you want. YOu never get an official job, but there are many ways to make money. You can play the stalk market, which is buyig and selling turnips. It is the easiest way to make vast riches if you have patience and luck. But with wi-fi ability you can make money many ways. I used to find valuable and rare items then find a buyer online. My favorite was when I sold metroids I collected for around 2 million a piece in the early days of Wild World. If your town is special, say you have your clock set 6 months ahead so that it is summer instead of winter, you can charge people a small fee to come to your town so they can get summer time fish, bugs, and holiday items.

Rei-Rei

Gatsby

Yay! When you get it, and if you can play online,  we shall frolic around in each others town.

iNSOMNiAC

I just got this game today. Wouldn't mind visiting your town Darth. :J

Even though all I did was get to the first opportunity to save. I'll let you know my Friend Code and stuff once I play again.

pwhobear

Hi all! 

I was just wondering.   How do I find buyers and trade with them online?   

Gatsby

It depends on what you want to trade. :) I can get you any item.

Somni I'd love you to come to my town at some point.