Fanimaid Cafe 2009 (UPDATE: Maid try outs are officially CLOSED.)

Started by Jun-Watarase, December 10, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

Jun-Watarase

If you've been following closely, you should all know that we are anticipating our first introductory meeting of the year, this weekend!

* First, the San Francisco meeting on Saturday, Feb. 07 in Yerba Buena Gardens, at the fountain in The Esplande park area by the Metreon. Meeting begins at 1pm and will end typically at 4pm.

* Second, the San Jose meeting on Sunday, Feb. 08 at the San Jose Convention Center where Fanime is held. We will meet to the left of the fountain in the entrance at 9am and the meeting will typically end at 1pm.

For all meetings, please make it on time, if not early! We may change location after it is confirmed that the majority has arrived, and you may be left behind if you are too late. Also, please bring a flat surface to write on, and a pen if possible. There will be some minor writing done. Each maid will be evaluated based on performance, so do your best!

See you all there!

- Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

Hi Jun,

Thanks for the update!

Steve.Young said that I'll be the Psuedo representative from Rovers/Safety again, and I'll help out again this year.  :)
Did you also need me to attend the Meeting on Sunday Morning?

Also, I could act as a driver/ride - share person in case ppl need help getting to the meeting via, Bart, Light Rail Etc.
(within reasonable distances of course)
You know my number, so contact me if you need any support.

Thanks!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Jun-Watarase

Sure thing. I'll be going over rules and conduct with the maids, and what to do in situations where we'll need to direct them to our rovers, so it'll be good to have a representative give some insight to our volunteers accordingly.

See you there!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

Oops! I may have a schedule conflict that morning, but i'll see if i could still make it.

Otherwise, I'm sure training will go nice a smoothly :)

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

Sure. Since Mizuki has another engagement tomorrow, I'll be soloing the meeting in San Jose, this weekend.

Anyone is welcome to come and observe.

Also, as an announcement, we now have a website, though it is still under construction.

FanimaidCafe.com

Check it out!

FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

Edit per request:
Opps matrix err0r.
Reboot.

So back on Topic, when did you say the next meeting was?

Also, let me know if we're allowed to have meetings at an indoor private/public location so that our possible-maidcafe-to-bes have a nice sheltered and possibly warmer and (hear-able) location to have meetings at.

We wouldnt want anyone (our potential new maids) to get rained on or frostbitten. I dont think Blue maids would work with the color scheme :P

Jun-Watarase

All of our maids are gamers to some extent, as on the profiles of their questionnaires, there's an option for them to list their favorite games. Though, I would appreciate that you do not use this thread to try to find out our volunteer's contact information. Afterall, one of our main rules at Fanimaid Cafe is "No stalking our maids, or any other action that disrespects their privacy." I would suggest an appropriate alternative, if there were one. Please modify your post and remove the request for our maid's information.

All our introductory meetings... are listed. So one the post, a page before, they're all there. They are also listed on the Volunteers page on our Fanimaid Cafe website. Feel free to ask me questions related to the cafe, however, I must point out that answers to most questions are in the sources provided.

As for the meeting location, meetings in San Jose can be moved into the Hilton Lobby upstairs and they DO get moved into a Hilton conference room during the second half, but the meeting place will remain. The meeting place in San Francisco will remain the same. Please understand that in order to get a venue, I must purchase one out of my own pocket, which is typically a few hundred dollars a day. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, to answer a very popular question: "Am I required to wear my uniform to the introductory meeting?"

No. We will all be typically dressed in casual clothing. As these are "try outs", most of our volunteers are assumed to not have owned a uniform this early in. I actually encourage that you do not purchase your uniform before you are confirmed for the cafe. We will go over uniforms during the meeting.

FanimaidCafe.com

Hakaru_chan

hmm hey jun. those meetings are fun  ;D i was thinking about..for the next meeting in sf... going upstairs inside the metreon then going outside to where those tables were...i duno if you know what im talking about but yea i can show you... unless thats a resturant area. i don't mind ordering a few things because we can use those stuff and tables for actually physical practicing. haha it would be like a real hangout/gathering training place... just hopefully we don't take too long there or we might get kicked out..  :-\ 
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Jun-Watarase

Great suggestion! But I am rather unsure if we'd be able to do that. The safest thing is to remain in the Esplande.

Also, we do not go over waitress training until the follow up meetings happen, which are after maids who pass are confirmed.

FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

Usually with some resturaunts once you are done with your meal and finish paying they give you 30 minutes to hang arround after they ask you to leave because its considered loitering, others really dont care it depends on the place and if its busy or not. Also you would have to talk to managment to see if its okay for you to use it for practice

Jun-Watarase

She was suggesting the seating area on the balconies of the Metreon building. In no possibility would I ask to use a restaurant for practice.

Meetings in San Francisco will remain in The Esplande.

FanimaidCafe.com

thelifeoftehparty

Wahh!

I just now noticed these updates and whatnot. T__T

Therefore, I missed the introductory meeting on the 7th. v__v;
I was a maid last year, and plan to continue on again this year.
Even though i missed the first meeting, would it be alright if i just made it to the next one in SF?
Going to SJ would be slightly iffy for me. :x

Jun-Watarase

As stated on the message, all maids who are interested in trying-out are required to only attend one introductory meeting. There are 2 locations for the convenience of our maids, who may live in different locations. You are not required, nor recommended, that you attend more than one meeting. Please do not attend more than one introductory meeting. Upon passing, you will be required to attend a follow-up meeting, and a short meeting at the con for preparation. Maids will be confirmed sometime in March, via e-mail.

FanimaidCafe.com

thelifeoftehparty

Jun-Watarase

Hello maids!

For those attending the meeting in San Francisco on the 28th, it is predicted that there will be rain all weekend from the recent weather forecast. I have also witnessed a clash in attendance due to WonderCon being on the same weekend. As of now, the meeting is canceled.

For those who unable to attend the meetings on the 7th and 14th, and must absolutely attend this weekend, I will personally discuss with you other possible options. If there is a sufficient amount of people who strongly feel that they must attend this weekend, I will possibly consider a temporary change in location, instead. I apologize for the inconvenience on such short notice.

- Jun

P.S. I am trying to book a meeting room in the Main Library of San Francisco for the meeting on the 7th, so there is a high possibility that there may be a change in location. All San Jose meetings will remain the same.

FanimaidCafe.com

Meirin

baww, I was reconsidering applying to be a maid this year after all, with my laziness to make more animu costumes, but the March meeting is on the last day of my Spring Play performance. X; Oh well, maybe next year.

lol nvm, it's actually the week afterwards. I may swing by if I don't have play obligations, but I'm almost sure I might. X:
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

Fishguts-Sama

:3 NOU.

Touya no Miko

Oh shoot. I was hoping to be a maid again this year, but with the April 4th meeting canceled in San Jose there's no way I can make it on any other day.

Looks like I'll just be a customer, guys. I was really looking forward to doing it again, sorry.

Is there going to be a third meeting in San Jose at all?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Jun-Watarase

I apologize, but we cannot schedule a 3rd San Jose meeting because we need to have our maids confirmed before the end of March. It takes time to evaluate and choose our maids, schedule their hours, and notify them in time to order their uniforms. Hope to see you at the cafe!

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com