Fanimaid Cafe 2009 (UPDATE: Maid try outs are officially CLOSED.)

Started by Jun-Watarase, December 10, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

Jun-Watarase

Hello maids!

Just a reminder, the last introductory meeting held in San Francisco is tomorrow! It will be held in the same location, and we will meet each other in front of the fountain of Yerba Buena Gardens, in the Esplande. The following meeting, for those near San Jose, will be at the convention center as usual, on the 14th. Good luck, everyone!

- Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

minakoluvsyou

My friend and I really wanted to do this but we only just found out about the maid cafe kinda =(

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: minakoluvsyou on March 08, 2009, 10:57:00 AM
My friend and I really wanted to do this but we only just found out about the maid cafe kinda =(

That's okay! As long as you fit the basic requirements, and make it to the meeting on March 14th, in San Jose, you are still welcome to try out.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

neko_katan

PyronIkari

Quote from: neko_katan on March 10, 2009, 10:43:07 AM
I just saw this so it's too late anyways, but why girls only?

:::note not related to anything about staff::::::

Because 99.9% of guys that crossplay are ugly as sin.

A more realistic answer?

Because male maids don't belong in a maid cafe.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: neko_katan on March 10, 2009, 10:43:07 AM
I just saw this so it's too late anyways, but why girls only?

Fanimaid Cafe is girls only because we advertise as an authentic traditional Akihabara-style maid cafe, rather than a crossdressing maid cafe. Organizing a crossdressing cafe, along with the traditional maid cafe, would be very impractical. Maid cafes serve a small audience, but crossdressing cafes would serve an even smaller one.

There are many reasons as to why it's impractical, which includes the extra time and effort needed to put into preparation, finding enough volunteers, have a different training program for them, ordering maid uniforms specifically for men... then there comes the fact that there'd be an unstable amount of customers and activity, and other variables may suffer from that. Though, the big one is time. Time put into training and organizing our maids takes up a lot. Frankly, traditional maid cafes and crossdressing cafes are not actually the same-- their differences do not end at simply their sexes.

But if you did not mean crossdressing cafes, but in fact butlers, this is because we are not a butler cafe, and butlers are not a part of maid cafes. Hope that answers your question!

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

Greetings Maids!

My apologies for the sudden change in schedule, but the March 14th meeting in San Jose will be rescheduled to begin at 1pm, meeting in the same location. For those who have attended the past meetings, you do not need to attend. Please bring a pen and a flat surface to write on. I advise to wear comfortable clothing that you feel compliments your appearance.

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

Hello everyone!

First off, thank you so much for all those who have showed us so much support, thus far! The try outs for our maids are CLOSED, which means, if you hadn't attended the try out meetings, it is not possible to volunteer. Sorry!

All those who tried out should hear a response of whether or not they're confirmed by the end of this week. Best of luck to everyone!

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

For maids who have attended our introductory meetings, you should have received an e-mail regarding your participation. Congratulations to those who made it!

And don't worry if you didn't. There's always next year. I anticipate to see all our new maids and guests having fun at Fanimaid Cafe 2009!

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

slimchance

I feel sad because AX doesnt have a maid cafe.  So there is no maid cafe in Southern California and girls from So. Cal want to join maid cafe but they couldn't. :(

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: slimchance on March 20, 2009, 11:24:02 AM
I feel sad because AX doesnt have a maid cafe.  So there is no maid cafe in Southern California and girls from So. Cal want to join maid cafe but they couldn't. :(

I apologize that you were unable to try out, but it is a huge preference that we are able to evaluate our maids in person. Perhaps I will think of an alternative on what to do, next year for SoCal maids. ^^

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

Touya no Miko

Looks like I wasn't able to make the cut, but that's okay. (I'll be working in the Info Desk instead. :P.)

Hope to see all the new maids. I'm sure the new maid cafe will be a success.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Meirin

Do you think it'd be a good idea to set up an outside forum/bbs for accepted maids and all maid cafe staff to discuss in? Or even a facebook group. Sorry for repeating the idea if you already made one.
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Meirin on March 21, 2009, 04:05:26 AM
Do you think it'd be a good idea to set up an outside forum/bbs for accepted maids and all maid cafe staff to discuss in? Or even a facebook group. Sorry for repeating the idea if you already made one.

I had thought of it, but is it necessary? All questions and inquiries are directed to maid cafe staff via authorized email, and all our maids are free to post here. I would like there to be a way for our maids to get to know each other, but somehow I feel that the forum would be used by our maids to ask questions rather than to socialize. I could give it a try, though. Although Facebook isn't a good place to discuss in, I could make a group for Networking purposes. :)

I'll post in this thread about it if anything comes up.

FanimaidCafe.com

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 20, 2009, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: slimchance on March 20, 2009, 11:24:02 AM

I apologize that you were unable to try out, but it is a huge preference that we are able to evaluate our maids in person. Perhaps I will think of an alternative on what to do, next year for SoCal maids. ^^

- Jun
they do now

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

not that we're in any 'competition" with AX, but i am curious if anyone is going to check out AX's maid cafe and compare it to our own,
for research and improvement purposes and all.  :)

but i hope our project does well, and i know it will because Julia & Jun are awesome hardcore epic like that <3

just ladies... please dont hurt me. i bruise and bleed easily and again its hard to wash that out of the convention grounds. >_<
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mizuki

Totally leave me out of the picture, because I'm totally not Jun's 2nd.

Steve.Young

Quote from: Mizuki on May 09, 2009, 01:39:53 AM

Your worthless. Duh
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Mizuki

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 09, 2009, 11:22:15 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on May 09, 2009, 01:39:53 AM

Your worthless. Duh

Nooooooooooooooooooo my life is a lie D: