Fanimaid Cafe 2009 (UPDATE: Maid try outs are officially CLOSED.)

Started by Jun-Watarase, December 10, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

Meirin

Quote from: Jerry on May 08, 2009, 12:23:31 PM
not that we're in any 'competition" with AX, but i am curious if anyone is going to check out AX's maid cafe and compare it to our own,
for research and improvement purposes and all.  :)

but i hope our project does well, and i know it will because Julia & Jun are awesome hardcore epic like that <3

just ladies... please dont hurt me. i bruise and bleed easily and again its hard to wash that out of the convention grounds. >_<

idk AX is already doing it wrong. Hosts, wat ww
We should just worry about our own cafe running as smoothly as possible. :9
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

slimchance

I don't think it is right to tell other people that they are doing it all wrong because of their ideas and they are trying to do their best.  I think we have to respect the idea of The Funky Fresh Cosplay is hosted the Maid Cafe at AX.  I am more thinking about sharing the ideas of each cafe and making it better and available for all Anime Fans.  I am very happy that AX actually is going to have the maid cafe for girls and guys who live in So CA. 

Kazuko

Quote from: slimchance on May 16, 2009, 10:20:45 PM
I don't think it is right to tell other people that they are doing it all wrong because of their ideas and they are trying to do their best.  I think we have to respect the idea of The Funky Fresh Cosplay is hosted the Maid Cafe at AX.  I am more thinking about sharing the ideas of each cafe and making it better and available for all Anime Fans.  I am very happy that AX actually is going to have the maid cafe for girls and guys who live in So CA. 

I think what most are talking about is the Idea of a host club, many people reference Ouran when thinking of a host club but While Ouran High school host club was a good series its a terrible example of what a host club is. Host clubs are just bottle service by really pretty men (apparently all of them dress and look the same with same hair styles) and from what a classmate told me its basically a really pretty guy just flirts with you while pouring you drinks and if your lucky you get a kiss. Not to mention they are illegal in Japan

idk but I wish the best of Luck to AX's version of Maid cafe

Jun-Watarase

I apologize if it seems that we're against AX's maid cafe, because that's not the case at all. In fact, one or two of our volunteers actually work for Funky Fresh Cosplay as well. We're two seperate entities. There's no competition between us, and it's good that other conventions can provide maid cafe services as well, as maid cafes are a huge part of Akihabara culture.

Though I would have to point out that above information about host clubs are false. Host Clubs are elaborate businesses with an intricate practice of flattering their customers. They are not illegal in Japan, as there are plenty of legal host clubs in Japan in business.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PrincessCake

i want to volunteer for this maid cafe next year. I like it better cause its 16+ instead of ax's which is 18+. not that it matters cause ill be 18 in october.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

otakuapprentice

AX will run their own cafe how they see fit, and Fanime is running their cafe how they wish.

The results from each endeavor will tell the story.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jun-Watarase

I would also like to add that we have special events this year!

We will be hosting a musical performance on Saturday afternoon, 2:00pm on Stage Zero called Fanimaid☆LIVE! Not only that, but our con's very special musical guest, Halko Momoi, is attending the first half to see our tributes to her. Please come, and we'd all appreciate your support!

On Sunday, we will be hosting a raffle and trivia. The anime trivia event is called Quiz Maid Academy and is happening in the cafe, at 6:30pm. Come and win a prize!

The cafe is going to have a lot of changes this year, so stop by to check it out. \o/

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com