Generally, at what time are the opening and closing cermonies held?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, December 12, 2008, 09:11:20 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

Me being a con newb, I have no idea, but this seemed the appropriate place to ask.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

ewu

It would be best for you to check the schedule for '09 that has yet to publish, but generally they are at 5PM Friday and Monday respectively.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rodney_Pheonix

Thanks. What would be a good time to show up? I know any time around 8 am is bad because that's standard rush hour, but generally when would be a good time to show up on Friday?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Steve.Young

It's really up to your personal preference.

I see many people from the hours of 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

jemz

As we have not yet set the schedule for Opening and Closing Ceremonies, they are around the general time frame between 3pm-5pm on Friday & Monday.

Once we have the schedule set, it will be announced on the website.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Nyxyin

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on December 13, 2008, 02:06:50 PMgenerally when would be a good time to show up on Friday?
I live locally, so I always pick up my badge on Thursday night.  This way, I can show up around 10am to noon on Friday and still catch everything I'm interested in.  That's a rough estimate, though: I wait to solidify plans until the schedule comes out because it varies from year to year.

The con is open before the opening ceremonies take place, and I think it's worthwhile to go earlier.  There are usually some good panels Friday early afternoon, and if you can afford it, it's nice to get to the dealers room earlier in the con because the more rare and unusual items can sell out later.  (Things often cost more on Friday, but there's more of a selection.  There are also often fewer people, leaving more room to browse, so it makes for a more relaxing shopping experience.)  A lot of people don't show up until after school or work, so the con is quieter during the day on Friday.  It's a different atmosphere, and I tend to enjoy Friday late mornings / early afternoons a lot, even though some events are sometimes still in the process of getting organized and don't find their pace or go into full swing until later.

If you plan to pick up your badge on Friday, I believe my friends tend to figure in around two hours for registration time, although the lines seem to vary drastically.  I've heard that lines were incredibly fast last year, and I've heard that registration has taken even longer than two hours in previous years.  I don't know anything about Friday morning registration times first hand, though.

Rodney_Pheonix

Grazi. Depending on my monetary situation, and work schedule, and finals schedule I my try to get ther Thursday evening so that I'm fully charged for the weekend.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?