The gnoll for a nat20 for Crit.
*Rolls*
You take 32 Damage.
Your Turn.
*rolls again*
i got 14; is that good?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Lordsnow

Back to the original question: I've been playing dnd with my friends only for about 2 years at most. We started with 3.5, I used to play as a character. We've gone through atleast 5 campaigns until we did a star wars campaign that failed. I started DMing, so I dm 2/3 of our campaigns. We've done Modern, 4e, LOTR d6, Star Wars roleplaying game... and a whole host of campaigns. >.> Currently on our LOTR Campaign.

Yeah if a dnd thing is going to be down I suggest the DM to be lays down some rules so characters can be made.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Lordsnow on March 22, 2009, 09:11:09 PM
Yeah if a dnd thing is going to be down I suggest the DM to be lays down some rules so characters can be made.
Indeed.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kandybar

I'd be up for it if someone wanted to do 4e.  I've never played but I'm trying to pick up the game, and I figure I might as well start with the newest edition.  I am aware of the arguments for 3.5 over 4, but not being familiar with 3.5 at all, they don't really seem to mean anything to me.

neko ewen

I've been playing and really enjoying 4th Edition since it came out. I experimented with prior editions (from AD&D1e onward), but none of them really did anything for me.

I don't know how to DM (more than any other RPG I've played, DMing and playing are two separate skills), but if someone wants to run a game at the con I'd definitely be interested.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

TC X0 Lt 0X

So thats 4 or so people willing to play at Con. I would personally perfer to play 3.5, but if I must i will play 4e.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PoisonFish

I'm an oddity among roleplayers. I've GM'd more games then I've played(By what I imagine is a 3 to 1 ratio) and my system experience is largely in: Exalted(1 and 2E) , Shadowrun, Alternity(Hell yeah), Cyberpunk, and a smattering of little bits and pieces of D&D(2nd edition - 4th) along with extensive experience to a local homebrew system in the bay area.

While I've done a lot of GM'ing in my time, I'd be more interested in just being a player. That's not to say I'm adverse to the idea of running a game. However, unlike most other people, I have limited experience with D&D. Not that it'd be hard for me to slap together something for it.

neko ewen

Yeah, I don't know D&D well enough from the DM's side to run it, but there are plenty of other games I could run, including Maid RPG. :3

benkei0769

Ok, Hi peoples!

This is the Second at Tabletop Gaming.  I'm here to inform you that if you have questions about anything Dungeons & Dragons related at Fanime this year.  You can refer all questions to our guy in charge of it at [email protected]

havok rt

Okay if we're going to play some DnD at the Con lets pick a time and date. Figure out who's DMing, what we're playing, and what edition.

Also PM me if you need/want D&D 3.5e books since I'm willing to share ;) the books I have...on my laptop. and if need be I'll bring my 4e  :-\ books with me to the con.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

neko ewen

My preference is for 4e since I know it a whole lot better than 3.x, but if someone's willing to bring a 3.x character for me to use I'll be happy to join in regardless. (And even if it is 4e, whoever's running it needs to decide what kind of characters would be appropriate, or do pregens or something.)

At the moment I don't have any plans to speak of nailed down for the convention, so any time during any of the four days is potentially workable for me.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I suggest we have the game (if we do) on Sunday Night after MusicFest or other Big Event.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Does Sunday around 10 or 11pm sound good? I can DM if nobody wants to but I'm not to familiar with 4e. So I prefer to DM 3.5e but I can try 4e.

Also a helpful site:
DnD 3.5e Indexes (Really everything you need to make a character) http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php
and if some body wants me to them a character just PM me the details (Race, Class, and anything other details) and I'll set you up.

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Good, good.
So then, if you plan to DM, what exactly our we going to do?
I got nearly every (3.5) adventure on PDF, so if you need one you can ask.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SimaSeph

I'd be up for 3.5, not really a fan of 4e. My schedule is flexible, so Sunday night would work well enough for me.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

doriangray

I really want to get in on a game of either 3.5 or 4.0, and can bring supplies such as minis and dungeon tiles, but I have obligations elsewhere in the con on Sunday night.  Does anyone plan on running a table Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

Dorian Gray
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: doriangray on May 06, 2009, 11:02:11 PM
I really want to get in on a game of either 3.5 or 4.0, and can bring supplies such as minis and dungeon tiles, but I have obligations elsewhere in the con on Sunday night.  Does anyone plan on running a table Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

Dorian Gray
Well unless someone else decides to DM a game or Havok decides to run at those times too, it is highly unlikely.

Personally the only reason I want to have a D&D game is because it would be nice for one to be at Con. Sure I do it half the time in my free time, and I can be doing something else at a Convention, but it seems like a good idea to me. And thats the main reason we are doing it on Sunday at night: The only other events are late night panels and the Dance, after the Ball and MusicFest of course.

And we do need to figure out some guidelines for characters. What level we will be playing, starting gold, etc.
I just better not see any Vampires. My usual RL games have a Vampire in them because the other players love playing them. Why they can't settle for a Human or Dwarf or something is beyond me.

EDIT:
And i'll remember to bring my Rules Compendium with me, as it can be very useful when a ruleing or rule is needed for clarification IG.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Well Sunday night is the best for me since I'm getting settle in on Friday(and going to the hentai room ;)). I'm got plans on Saturday night (come see me preform stand up ;D) and I'm sure that everybody wants to go to panels, shop, and whatnot during the day.

Of course I won't mind try a bit of maid RPG do to sheer WTF? factor. As for me DMing that's IF no one else wants to. So if you want to DM anything please say so! But if DM duties fall to me it'll be 3.5e; Since I don't have any xp in DMing 4e, though I wouldn't mind playing a 4e game. I'll have exact details next week and I'll PM my contact info to everyone who wants to play, but for now lets just see who want to play.

azor12

Hey guys, first time poster and second time Fanimer here.

I read up on your foum and it looks like your interested in trying to get a 4.0 D&D session going. I would not mind stepping up to DM. I actually DM for a group of 5-8 every week, in case you wanted credientals. My friend and I both play and will be at Fanime. If your interested in me running. Let me know through here or email me so I can get details set up. Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon

macaulayman

Only here will anyone get this....
In class we were talking about pyramids and one gal siad there's a whole nother pyramid underneath ( there isn't) and that they should be called diamond , not pyramids. I pointed out that there isn';t a whole nother pyramid underneath ( just SOME tunnels) and anyway it would be a ocehedron anyway. She didn't know what a ocehedron was and I said that's because you've never had to make a saving throw as a elf. Nobody got that one. ;(