Dungeons & Dragons

Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, December 15, 2008, 09:30:00 PM

azor12

Cool Cool, So far weve got a warlord, rogue, and 2 bladed ranger in this mix, time for some defender and controller goodness maybe? As for contact info, Ill send out my info later today to those who are interested. So lets get this game on. ;D

havok rt

I'll make a back up Warden. Since I was torn between that and the ranger, so if we don't have a defender by game time I'll change roles.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

neko ewen

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 10, 2009, 11:46:06 PM
If we do anything Friday, and likely at anytime during Con, I will probably have 1, maybe 2 people attached to me. 1 will likely be un-removable, the other can be removed but is into TRPGs. So it may get a little crowded when/if I'm in a game. Though I'm not sure if either will want to play, I assume they will if they stay with me. Just pointing that out.
If you think it would be better, we can just do Maid RPG on Saturday. In that case, I'd like to assemble a smaller group (2-4 players) to try out another translated Japanese RPG I have on Friday.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

azor12

Either way, sounds like a solid plan to me

TC X0 Lt 0X

For 4e, I will likely be a Warforged Fighter with the Alchemist Feat and probably a Multiclass feat or 2 in Wizard of another casting class.
Trying to convert a 3.5 character to 4e you see.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

Interesting, I look forward to this character. Ill give you guys an idea of the background of the adventure probably on friday, that way you can background info if you want and at least have some clue why your character are awesome in this world ;D

doriangray

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2009, 06:06:06 PM
For 4e, I will likely be a Warforged Fighter with the Alchemist Feat and probably a Multiclass feat or 2 in Wizard of another casting class.
Trying to convert a 3.5 character to 4e you see.

Someone to draw aggro for me!  I may owe you a soda...
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I was wondering, azor12, would you allow me to use the Artificer playtest from Dragon 365? And more specifically, would you allow me to multiclass into it? The multiclass feat can be really simple too. Perhaps grant 1 skill from the Artificer's spell list and Ritual Caster ability. They have a feat that is exactly the same thing for Wizards in Arcane Power, called Learned Spellcaster.
If not I will probably multiclass Swordmage or Wizard. Or just play a Kobold Sorcerer. A classic.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

lol nice. Im totally cool with the multiclass into artificer. Im sure ill kick myself later, but Go for it! Im looking forward to running his group. You guys do sound like a lively bunch

havok rt

Hey whats the starting gold for our characters? Never mind, found it. Though I wish 4e had the table like 3.5e.

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

doriangray

Quote from: havok rt on May 12, 2009, 03:48:10 AM
Hey whats the starting gold for our characters? Never mind, found it. Though I wish 4e had the table like 3.5e.

According to RPGA guidelines: one magic item of your level +1, One magic item of your level, one magic item of your level -1, and then gold equal to an item of your level-1.
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

havok rt

Well I'm almost done on my Dragonborn Earth Warden. So we got the meat shield covered with a nice secondary controller abilities.

azor12

Nice so from the look of things weve got a nice selection of a team. Now question how long will you guys want to go. This way i can prep for the long or short version of the adventure.

doriangray

Quote from: azor12 on May 13, 2009, 12:03:28 AM
Nice so from the look of things weve got a nice selection of a team. Now question how long will you guys want to go. This way i can prep for the long or short version of the adventure.

Depends on when we start and how long that would be.  I have obligations at 8pm and might need a running start before that so that I'm not late.  However, I'm not above just handing over my character sheet to one of the other players if needed.
All love is elf love!

neko ewen

My preference would be for a shorter adventure. Much as I love 4e, I don't find speed to be among its virtues. Oh, and I forgot to ask again, but did you want to use background traits? (As in, the special character traits that give minor bonuses, seen in Scales of War, Forgotten Realms, and now PHB2? And if so which versions?)

So, the plan is to meet up on Saturday, get lunch together, and then play Maid RPG, and after that meet up on Sunday to throw down with D&D4e. What time should we meet up on Saturday? Since we're planning to do lunch I'd say 11:30 or noon, so we can get enfoodened and play Maid RPG and such before the Masquerade (or whatever other major events) begins. We also need to think about a place to eat that can accommodate a party of 6-7 people during the con.

azor12

In regards to the character background, use any you wish. And for the meet up, hmm well im not quite sure

havok rt

Alright though I'd prefer Friday, Monday, or late night/morning meet up since Saturday and Sunday (during the afternoon) have way more random awesome stuff going on. But as long as the game doesn't go on too long I'm cool.

azor12

Agreed. I would also prefer friday or the meetup, since we would all be still fresh before the awesome that is Fanime

neko ewen

Fine with me. We can nail down the specifics of gaming better once we meet up, though if the meetup is on Friday then I'll bring my Maid RPG gear that day. :3

azor12

cool cool. Im hella psyched