WMMT3DX @ Fanime '09?

Started by heeroyuy135, December 28, 2008, 12:57:19 AM

heeroyuy135

WMMT3DX (Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 DX) is the new version of WMMT3. They have started to appear out in the arcade world, although personally I live in Sacramento I probably won't see one until sometime deep into next year. Maybe they'll start showing up in the Bay Area sometime next year...

Which leads me to this.
Are there any plans to bring the DX version to Fanime?

Nanashi

I have no idea, but I do have a question about this. Do the cards from WMMT3 transfer over to DX?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

heeroyuy135

Yes. If you have discards too, it'll instantly make a 820/DG car.
However, it'll take you 20 more chapters to reach the new high, 825/DG.

Nanashi

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on December 30, 2008, 09:50:42 PM

Wait, what? So, for each discard, you get an 820 HP card?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Nanashi on December 30, 2008, 09:51:49 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on December 30, 2008, 09:50:42 PM

Wait, what? So, for each discard, you get an 820 HP card?
Yes.

heeroyuy135

Ahem...
I have an idea for FanimeCon 2009 with the MT machines.
I know that arcade tournaments are not allowed, so I thought of something along the lines of a "challenge" with the ghost system.

I call it the "Fastest at FanimeCon 2009" Challenge!

Here's what you do. Backup the top ghosts from whatever machine will be used, then wipe the top ghosts clean. Then let everyone who attends try to obtain as many top ghosts on the seven tracks over the weekend. On Monday, the user with the most dominance on the machine wins.

I think it's a good idea in theory, but probably won't work in action.

-VIRUS-

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on February 24, 2009, 11:14:14 PM
Ahem...
I have an idea for FanimeCon 2009 with the MT machines.
I know that arcade tournaments are not allowed, so I thought of something along the lines of a "challenge" with the ghost system.

I call it the "Fastest at FanimeCon 2009" Challenge!

Here's what you do. Backup the top ghosts from whatever machine will be used, then wipe the top ghosts clean. Then let everyone who attends try to obtain as many top ghosts on the seven tracks over the weekend. On Monday, the user with the most dominance on the machine wins.

I think it's a good idea in theory, but probably won't work in action.
thats really stupid idea. Anyone can beat a ghost even if ur a top player on the map. just 1v1 or 2v2 and well pay for the plays. if u guys want to that. but the ghost idea not good.
<br /><br />IDV4 #1 Irohazaka Driver in the USA<br />Cappuccino Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'44\\\'017 #1 USA Record, Irohazaka Reverse dry 2\\\'50\\\'064 #1 USA Record.<br />MR2 FT Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'45

heeroyuy135

Heh, yeah
I don't know if it's just me, or when I think of something really "creative" then I put it out there it doesn't come out right
But I wasn't really expecting anything out of it, just something random to throw out

I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of those machines out there @ Fanime
And maybe if we get enough support we can do a tournament

-VIRUS-

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM
Heh, yeah
I don't know if it's just me, or when I think of something really "creative" then I put it out there it doesn't come out right
But I wasn't really expecting anything out of it, just something random to throw out

I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of those machines out there @ Fanime
And maybe if we get enough support we can do a tournament
the arcade ppl dont want any tournaments on there machines, they just want to make money. i wasnt trying to be mean. im just saying its not a good idea to do ghost tourney anyone can do it even a 7 year old kid.
<br /><br />IDV4 #1 Irohazaka Driver in the USA<br />Cappuccino Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'44\\\'017 #1 USA Record, Irohazaka Reverse dry 2\\\'50\\\'064 #1 USA Record.<br />MR2 FT Irohazaka DH dry 2\\\'45

heeroyuy135

Oh I know, you weren't being mean at me - I understand why. It's just that a lot of my thought-out ideas don't execute as well, but that's more on me.
It's cool

...so, will there be machines @ Fanime?

-VIRUS-

i dont know. im not in the arcade department.

heeroyuy135

-VIRUS-

well i dont know if DX is going to be there. Cause San Jose State they still have MT3 there not DX. So mostly 3 is goin to be there.

abcbadcat

I just full tuned my FC today at SVGL

I really REALLY hope Fanime has 3DX or else I might be not be able to battle anyone :<

heeroyuy135

I still have my old MT3 card, I used the "other method" in upgrading to MT3DX

abcbadcat

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 03, 2009, 02:37:39 AM

Got a discard and upgraded that?

I just checked and I have a MT3 (used) and a MT3 discard

I wonder if I can use either of those and if so... would I still have my 820

-VIRUS-

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 03, 2009, 02:42:11 AM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 03, 2009, 02:37:39 AM

Got a discard and upgraded that?

I just checked and I have a MT3 (used) and a MT3 discard

I wonder if I can use either of those and if so... would I still have my 820
yea just tell the whole world about the discard. lol