Dealers! (Informational/Reference)

Started by FanFicGuru, January 03, 2009, 11:51:55 AM

FanFicGuru

Hello my con-attending companions. I know that one of the most exciting parts of the convention is looking around at all of the marvelous toys inside of the dealers hall. Action figures, rare statues and posters, CDs, Manga, DVDs and the like all pique our interest and almost always cause us to regret the lack of funds we might have on us. Yet, I'm sure there are those who feel a sort of anxiety because Fanime (or other major conventions) is the only place where they know to get the more specialized goods.

Well, I created this thread in order to open the doors to the global marketplace! In other words, this will be a thread where online retailers (and tangible warehouses) will be identified, given a description of the goods they sell and a smattering of reviews by consumers who have used their services. Of course we'll cover the basics like Manga and DVDs, but as the thread progresses we will seek out the more hard-to-find items.

Of course, like my budget thread you are all more than welcome to contribute any online stores that you have found. In order to add it to the main listing (First few posts that I will reserve) please submit it in the following format:

Name of Company
Website
Physical Address (if available)
Goods Sold/Services Offered
[Optional] Sample of reviews from customers highlighting typical strengths and weaknesses of the company (e.g: Great products but very slow shipping...fast shipping but they messed up my order and their customer service was rude...etc.)

A final note: An anticipated and understandable response to this title: "Ummm...Ebay?" Yes, Ebay is an excellent place to go looking for a lot of these goods. However, even Ebay is not without its flaws, and I'm sure there are those who have had bad experiences with sellers, Ebay customer service and other elements of the website. This is meant to be an addition to the sellers you already frequent. Expanding your rolodex of vendors, so to speak.

In any case, I'll start the thread off with some reserved posts and begin adding retailers very soon.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

FanFicGuru

DVDs
Name of Company: Deep Discount
Physical address: Unavailable
Goods sold: Though Deep Discount has recently merged all of their online branches (Deep Discount DVD, CD, Books, Games) you can still find a lot of awesome deals on box sets and especially new movie releases. Their expedited shipping is VERY fast and only $6-7...and they offer free shipping with no minimum purchase! A definite plus.

Name of Company: Rightstuf
Physical Address: Unavailable
Goods sold: Rightstuf features a large library of Anime DVDs, Manga as well as selected soundtracks and figurines. This is a great one-stop shop and better yet, they always have a great sale going on. For example, right now they are having their year-end clearance sale which means an ADDITIONAL 20% off their sale prices. They offer free shipping for orders over $50 and even their economy shipping is fast and excellently packed.

Manga
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

Anime Soundtracks/J-Pop/Etc.

Action Figures
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

Wall Scrolls/Posters

Plushies/Pillows/Bedroom Decor
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

Shirts/Hats/Apparel

Tote bags/Messenger Bags
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

Rare Models/Statues/Other collectibles

Cels
Swap meet staff - 2014

sysadmin

FanficGuru, can you ping me, regarding this thread?

There's a couple things that need to change before I can unlock.

Thanks,
sysadmin