Any News About Yaoi Double-Up?

Started by MaruKyuu, January 06, 2009, 09:10:28 PM

MaruKyuu

Anyways, any news about Yaoi Double-Up? I was REEEAAAALY looking forward to it last year, but I just realized I was one year short of 16+, so I couldn't go. I was really looking forward to Yaoi Double-Up, because I can finally go this year. At least, that is if Fanime has it again. Is anyone planning to do it again this year?

heeroyuy135

Remind me what Yaoi Double-Up is again...

obliviousedward

It's like a cross between "The Price is Right" and "Deal or No Deal."  (At least that's how it was described last year when I went. *shrug* XD)

Everyone in the audience gets a ticket (well, two: one to keep and one to put in a large bag/hat/whatever).  The tickets of three audience members are drawn; those people go up to the front.  A set of various merchandise is displayed, and the three people try to guess the total retail value in yen.  The person who guesses the closest moves on to the next round.

In the next round, the remaining contestant selects one of the "bishounen" to help them in a sort-of "pictionary" challenge (or his name is drawn; I don't really remember).  The chosen "bishounen" looks away while the name of an anime/video game title (or anime- or video-game related person, thing, etc.) is shown on the projector screen.  The contestant must then draw out what is written on the screen, within the given time limit, so that the "bishounen" can correctly guess what it is.  If he guesses it correctly within the time limit, the contestant wins a prize.  (It can also be the other way around; sometimes the "bishounen" is the drawer and the contestant is the one who guesses.)  Once an audience member has won a prize, their ticket can no longer be drawn.  (If an audience member's ticket was drawn but they did not move on to the second round, their ticket is put back into the mix and they are eligible for another chance at the game.)

Oh, and sometimes there are these "wildcard" rounds.  The host will call out a random item (related to anime and/or video games), and the first person who holds up that item gets to proceed directly on to the pictionary-esque round for a chance to win a prize.

...I think that's pretty much it.  As much of it as I can correctly remember, anyway.  There's probably a few things missing, but oh well. XD;;
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

obliviousedward

...Oh, and as far as whether or not they're doing it again this year, I don't know.  Since last year's con was the game's premier and the response to it was rather positive (I thought, at least), I'd say there's a decent chance of it's return. :3

I'm interested in attending it again, at any rate.  It was pretty fun. XD
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!