Going to Fanime with a Kid

Started by Ammorin, January 12, 2009, 08:27:09 PM

Ammorin

Okay, so I'm pre-registering for the 3-Day Badge and my brother wants to come along. He's 6 so he can get a free badge right? Uh...do I pick up my badge in the Single-Day line or will it come in the mail? And, final question unless something else pops up, are there other benefits of buying a 3-Day Badge besides the cheaper price if you decide to go 2 or more days?

Oh! And since I'm such a money saver can we bring outside food to Fanime?
Fanime Attendee 2008 - Lin Yao (FMA)
Fanime Attendee 2009 - Aristocrat Gentlemen
*Fanime Attendee 2010 - Lolita, Nadeshiko Fujisaki (Shugo Chara), and maybe Yue from Rune Factory 2

Shi_Musouka

I'm pretty sure he gets a free badge when you pick up your badge in the pre-registration line. I don't think you need to go to the Single-Day line to pick up a pre-registered badge. I know one of the other benefits of pre-registering is that you also get the option of putting in a promotional code that allows you to win special treats or get access to special events that the con may hold, but that all depends on whatever promotions that staff throws out for this year so yeah.

The outside food part, I don't really much know about since I know that FanimeCon has contracts with a certain food vendor from the SJCC and I'm not sure what their contract mentioned about outside food. I'll leave this question to Eric(ewu) or whoever is better-qualified to answer this. lol.

But I'm not the official word FYI so yeah.

GokuMew2

Um.... I don't think there are 3-day passes?
As far as I know, there are only full weekend (4 days), weekend, and single day passes.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

ewu

There is a separate line for pre-reg full weekend passes:) A child under 10 is admitted free with any paid membership. If you have any other Q's, feel free to e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

PyronIkari

Quote from: Ammorin on January 12, 2009, 08:27:09 PM
Okay, so I'm pre-registering for the 3-Day Badge and my brother wants to come along. He's 6 so he can get a free badge right? Uh...do I pick up my badge in the Single-Day line or will it come in the mail? And, final question unless something else pops up, are there other benefits of buying a 3-Day Badge besides the cheaper price if you decide to go 2 or more days?

Since this wasn't answered. Yes you can bring outside food to Fanime(I highly suggest it, since it's a way to guarantee you eat properly and don't have to extremely high prices for mediocre food).

sweetchorizo

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 13, 2009, 12:28:18 AM
Quote from: Ammorin on January 12, 2009, 08:27:09 PM

Since this wasn't answered. Yes you can bring outside food to Fanime(I highly suggest it, since it's a way to guarantee you eat properly and don't have to extremely high prices for mediocre food).

Tru dat,  $4 for a water is kinda too much