Where can i find a list of Costume Rules and Regulations??

Started by Anti Angel, January 16, 2009, 03:34:31 PM

Anti Angel

i'm building a large helmet and some props and i heard that the directors of fanime are REALLY cracking down on safety issues. i looked around on the site for a good while and havent found anything :-\ can anyone help me out? even with a list of last years regulations??

and mods feel free to move this topic, i didnt know for sure where to put it  :P

ewu

You would be refering to our weapons policy. That has yet to come up. Please keep your eye out for that.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

redwolf_95037

Quote from: ewu on January 16, 2009, 03:46:45 PM
You would be refering to our weapons policy. That has yet to come up. Please keep your eye out for that.

That would be great to know, cuz one of my friends is thinking of bringing an inchigo bankai sword (wooden, of course). He wants to know if he can bring it to the con..

Steve.Young

Yes, as long as it is piece bonded to him (bankai) or he carries it like a staff (Shikai) (SP?)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

redwolf_95037

Quote from: Steve.Young on April 03, 2009, 02:59:48 PM
Yes, as long as it is piece bonded to him (bankai) or he carries it like a staff (Shikai) (SP?)

Thank you soo much for the advice...

Pockets

I'm going to second this topic as well. I'd like to bring a Keyblade, I don't have it yet but it will be full-size and made of aluminum most likely (being custom made for me, for free). Also, I have a gun,

http://300pockets.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Gun-v-2-Pt-1-114442595

It doesn't work like a gun. It's a computer gun (joystick moves the character, trigger fires the ingame weapon, I'm guessing, seeing as I never plugged it in) that I found in the ocean and made pretty. It was all plasticy before, and now it's steampunk.

Would it be allowed?
I'm a half-Chinese/half-Scottish girl, cosplays somewhat, gamer, going to Fanime 2009 (maybe).

I hate:
Being glomped by sweaty strangers
Stereotypical otakus
Twilight
People obsessed with Asia (or anything) acting like they know more about it than

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: Pockets on April 06, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
I'm going to second this topic as well. I'd like to bring a Keyblade, I don't have it yet but it will be full-size and made of aluminum most likely (being custom made for me, for free). Also, I have a gun,

http://300pockets.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Gun-v-2-Pt-1-114442595

It doesn't work like a gun. It's a computer gun (joystick moves the character, trigger fires the ingame weapon, I'm guessing, seeing as I never plugged it in) that I found in the ocean and made pretty. It was all plasticy before, and now it's steampunk.

Would it be allowed?

Since the tip of the gun doesn't have the bright orange plastic on it denoting that it's a fake, I don't think it would be a good idea to bring it. Even with the plastic tip, you would need to go straight to Rovers to have the gun peace bound to you and you may not take it off your person until you get to your hotel room.

FanimeCon has zero tolerance regarding alcohol, violence and anything that could cause violence. That is why if you have a gun for a cosplay, it must be checked by our Rovers staff. Once your weapon has been determined to be fake, then it must be peace bound to you so that our roaming police officers will not have take action against you. We cannot risk the safety of our attendees just because some people want to have a certain prop for their cosplay.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Steve.Young

^^ What she said...

The gun (the picture it's hard to tell, maybe in person it looks faker), could probably be taken as a real weapon in dim lighting 20 feet away by a police officer. It's not so much the fact that the bottom portion looks fake, but when we peace bond it to your costume, the weapon handle may give an officer the idea that you are armed. Unless it's a really obvious fake (like bring plastic, etc.) guns are taken much more seriously than other weapons.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

squee116

My friend asked me to build him some working Luffy arms for his One Piece costume, so I drafted a plan for pneumatic arms that operate off of a paintball air tank.  It didn't occur to me until just after I started, but would these even be allowable?

squee116

Another question I have is in regards to your airsoft gun policy.  If slinging guns or just carrying the guns isn't allowed(which i totally understand) does that essentially rule out the possibility of using shotguns, assault rifles, smg's, and snipers out as props?

If not, what procedures would we need to follow to be able to bring them?

ewu

no projectile weapons are allowed on con property, with the exception of dealers sales that are to be taken immediately off con property, still in its box and bag....

Basically, if it looks anything like a weapon from 20 or 50 feet, you may not have it on con property....

The way I look at it is that there are cops around with guns and I want to make sure they do not mistake whatever I have for anything that would get me shot:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

*coughs* we would never want the SWAT team called cause of a misunderstanding *cough*

If you have any further questions, feel free to email us at Rovers at Fanime dot com with a picture or detailed description.

Thanks,

-Steve
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com