AVGN

Started by thedeke, January 19, 2009, 03:06:36 PM

What do you think of the Angry Video Game Nerd reviews being shown in Fanime '09?

It's super.
14 (58.3%)
It's okay.
2 (8.3%)
I don't like it.
0 (0%)
They'd better show Zero Punctuation next year.
6 (25%)
Same as above, but with Nostalgia Critic.
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

thedeke

What be your opinions on this? Is it a good idea? Is it not?

Barnes

"He's gonna take you back to the past."

And yeah, it's a great idea to bring back the AVGN.
Watching his vids in a room full of people= WIN!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Shinsengumi

Quote from: Barnes on January 19, 2009, 11:41:48 PM
"He's gonna take you back to the past."

And yeah, it's a great idea to bring back the AVGN.
Watching his vids in a room full of people= WIN!

Hell Yeah 8)
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jerry

it would have to be approved by the Video Programming upper staff.

That an definately a higher demmand for it.  :P

Personally, I like the other idea of showing off video game Cut scenes rather than listen to some rant about bad video games.

I dont need someone angry and not funny IMO telling something i already knew.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

lyricaldanichan

We did show several episodes last year of VGN. I am sure we are going to show more this year.

the otaku god

last year was a big hit for avgn so i felt we should do it again till the people stop going.

as for video game clips being screened as i mentioned in my section (what would you like done next year) i already said we will be screen some video clips. jsut got to find out what ones.....
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Nanashi

Quote from: Jerry on January 20, 2009, 12:15:51 PM

Personally, I like the other idea of showing off video game Cut scenes rather than listen to some rant about bad video games.

You could just not watch it, you know.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Lordsnow

I'm all up for the Zero Punctuation next year!
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Nanashi on February 01, 2009, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: Jerry on January 20, 2009, 12:15:51 PM

You could just not watch it, you know.

Word

neko ewen

I'm all for it, though I've already seen all of it AFAIK.

There's also no shortage of other random video game related video productions. Legend of Neil, Hey Ash Whatcha Playin, the other ScrewAttack stuff, Red Vs. Blue... it goes on and on.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

G-Force

Wow I totally love the idea.

Hey just curious, to those who are interested in going to the event. Anyone want to show up dressed as the Angry Video Game Nerd? Most likely I will (gonna try and buy a power glove) but it would be cool to see if anyone else wants to join in. I mean his regular outfit isn't super difficult to pull off. Heh, maybe we can take a group photo and send it to James.

Who likes that idea?

the otaku god

well me being head of the video programming thinks this is an awsome idea. go for it !
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

G-Force

Quote from: the otaku god on April 23, 2009, 08:20:08 AM
well me being head of the video programming thinks this is an awsome idea. go for it !

Curious since you are the head of video programing? Do you have a rough idea of when fanime will show AVGN? I'm thinking about making a thread in the cosplay section for this and a rough estimate would be nice.

the otaku god

i was thinking probly sat at 10 pm or at midnight in animeanrchy but avgn is getting bigger so i might have it at 10 in a big room. we will see. u will all know by next friday for sure! but keep up the good work!

Avairrianna

As long as Super Mega Death Christ is shown I'm fine ^_^

But definitely Zero Punctuation next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

the otaku god

Ok everyone I have the answer you are looking for.
The best of the Best of the Angry Video Game Nerd will be on Fri/Sat mid night to 3am! This is the best time with a huge room other wise it would have been Sun/Mon night at midnight with that meaning you would have no energy for it and you'll be getting ready to call it a con. So hope to see you all there and if you have suggestions on eps to show now is the time to bring them up. I have all the eps.

jinnai_animexcalibur

I wanna see the Virtual Boy review marathon! EVERY Virtual Boy game reviewed!!!(which lasts like 10 minutes)  :D
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

G-Force

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12291.0.html

Link to the thread concerning the mini-cosplay gathering I'm having.

the otaku god

omg you guys were awsome!!! that had to be the biggest view we ever had for best of the angey video game nerd! you guys were so i to it. i hope some people took pics of vids so they can be sent to our man of the hour. i feel the funnest part of the screening was battle toads you guys dancing during the pause scene ....... price less. with that said you know what its coming back again next year.

Raydere

I loved it. It was a great way to kill time while I was waiting for the H-room to start showing actual hentai.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2