Cosplay Spectacular Masquerade Information! 05/19/09 LAST UPDATE

Started by angeljibrille, February 11, 2009, 07:26:17 PM

azumunga diaoh gang

So, what do you do? You need to make sure you show up at the convention to sign in at the Masquerade Desk and get your passes and get judged. I'm positive you will be just fine as long as you check in early and do everything we need you to do.

I hope that reassures you :)

Thanks,
Marisa

thanks so much for getting back to us so quick and everything, we are SO excited and are off to work on our skit now!!! ^_^

lunarknight

well first off congrats on being a mother ^___^

On the second matter I know you've already answered this question and I feel really silly about asking. But if I understand this correctly the groups who are on the top 20 waiting list has a really good shot at being in the masquerade, right?

Kiara

I have a question. I assumed this year would be like previous years, but then I read the cosplay masqurade rules over, and started freaking out. It says that:

Costumes purchased or rented from a costume shop, designer direct, eBay, Yahoo Auctions, Yahoo Japan Auctions, Cospa, any other costume store or online resource, or any costumes made for you by a designer or seamstress, are prohibited. Ignoring this rule will negate your eligibility (and your group's eligibility; even if only one person in the group has a disqualified costume) to participate in Cosplay Spectacular and will also disqualify you for any performance and/or craftsmanship awards.

In my group, 5 of us made our costumes and 3 bought them. Does that mean we cannot participate in the masqurade at all? Or does that just make us ineligable to win a craftsmanship award? I know in previous years people had bought their costumes and still performed, so I'm wondering if this is a new rule, or if I'm just misunderstanding it.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

mlarad

I have a question about the masquerade. I sent an email to
[email protected] and I haven't received an answer
Is that still the same working email to send questions to the coordinator?

I really need an answer soon please!  ???

z_mikarin

Hello,

I have submitted a proposal for special performance via email in the beginning of May ( I know it was late),
A week later, I have sent PM to Ms. angeljibrille to see if the email was received.

But I had not heard any answer for any of those, so we tried to register via Masquerade page and stated special performance but it was changed to skit and status was pending. We read all the info on the page but have no idea how the system for the special performance application works...

I would really appreciate if you let us know our true status, even we were too late to apply...that case, we understand and we will try again next year with more preparations. 

I know this is right before the con and all the staff people are terribly busy but would someone from masquerade office PM me or email to our registered email address on the masquerade page and let us know?
I really appreciate. ^^

Thank you.

angeljibrille