Question - views about attending the Masquerade

Started by roth14, February 19, 2009, 08:41:57 PM

roth14

What are people views about attending the Masquerade? For i went last year but it wasn't that good. So do people think i should go this year or just take that time to sleep or something and watch the videos on youtube?

Mod edit: descriptive subject

Rette

Hope springs eternal? Maybe there will be something you like next year.

For the Masquerade, if you go in thinking it'll suck, you'll find fault with everything and it will, and you should find something else to do. If you go thinking it'll be super fun no matter what, you'll probably enjoy it.

Or you could try and make it better by being in it yourself. ^_^

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

roth14

Quote from: Rette on February 19, 2009, 08:50:33 PM

For the Masquerade, if you go in thinking it'll suck, you'll find fault with everything and it will, and you should find something else to do. If you go thinking it'll be super fun no matter what, you'll probably enjoy it.

Well last year was my first year and a lot  of people said that a last year wasn't a good as the other years so i just wanted more experienced people's views on it. And as for being it in, if only i had the time to do a good skit. Making cosplay just takes too long.

Rette

Quote from: roth14 on February 20, 2009, 06:34:28 AM
Quote from: Rette on February 19, 2009, 08:50:33 PM

Well last year was my first year and a lot  of people said that a last year wasn't a good as the other years so i just wanted more experienced people's views on it. And as for being it in, if only i had the time to do a good skit. Making cosplay just takes too long.

Yeah, people seem to say that every year. There are always highlights to every Masquerade. Last year it was kind of lame that there were 6 Haruhi Suzumiya dances. Hopefully this year people will try and be more original. This year's should be better.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

roth14

Gwydion

Every year Masquerade is different. Last year wasn't too bad, but the Haruhi thing was annoying. Still there were some really good skits that mostly made up for it. The year before was really good, and the year before that was so-so. So it all depends, and you never know what you're gonna get til you show up. No matter what, I go to Masquerade every year. 'Cause the one time you miss out, you'll lose out of some good entertainment. ^^

'Sides, half the time people complain 'cause they like to.  ^^

clawmaster

I say the uh intro to the show with the singer singing all 10 songs in a row without stopping was awesome. it almost brought tears to my eyes to see and hear how awesome it was. skits wise, there were some good ones and some bad ones but meh what can you do about that i mean nothing really. nothing much i mean I still go to the masq and still enjoy it. I have no big gripes about it.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

DayDreamerNessa

i've participated in the fanime masq's since 05, and i do have to admit smething was a little off last year it felt. It was a greatly run masq though, but there have been previous years where there were many great skits to be enjoyed, and not just a handful like last year.

I know last year performance wise i was not able to do something great, because of time/school, but this year is different!

Anyways my opinion each year is different, different people enetering, different idea's and costumes entered. Besides if you paid for reg all you have to do is wait in line, so what's the harm in going, if you want some entertainment?

I say give it another chance, just for the simple fact that each year is different.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

angeljibrille

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on April 14, 2009, 09:16:54 PM
i've participated in the fanime masq's since 05, and i do have to admit smething was a little off last year it felt. It was a greatly run masq though, but there have been
I say give it another chance, just for the simple fact that each year is different.

Thanks for saying it was well-run!! hugs!

As for the quality of the acts... we have who applies. We can't judge if it's going to be a great year or a bad year, it all depends on who signs up -- unlike a "production" where we can know exactly what the quality of the show is going to be.

Thus far, we have a lot of really good entries, and THANK GOODNESS there aren't 20 of the same thing this year XD  I think it will be a really good show. I think a lot of people learned a lesson last year that the "great idea based on a very very popular anime" might be something that 20 other people thought of too :)  I'm seeing a lot more creativity thus far this year.

Enkai

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 15, 2009, 03:11:44 PM
Thus far, we have a lot of really good entries, and THANK GOODNESS there aren't 20 of the same thing this year XD  I think it will be a really good show. I think a lot of people learned a lesson last year that the "great idea based on a very very popular anime" might be something that 20 other people thought of too :)  I'm seeing a lot more creativity thus far this year.

Ooooh...that's exciting, but kinda scary as well.  Our group's gonna have to bring our game up.  Good!  I like a challenge!  I also like goofing off onstage, so I think I'll have fun regardless.  ^.^  Practice, practice, practice!