Caramelldansen-the next Hare Hare Yukai?

Started by Haruka, March 01, 2009, 08:20:48 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 11, 2009, 04:08:46 PM
Quote from: Hikaru Kazushime on April 11, 2009, 05:12:23 AM
Carmelldansen is not the next Hare Hare Yukai, because they are really two different things in my opinion. Carmelldansen is something that is as long as the first second it began, there's like 3 movements...Hare Hare Yukai is a bit more skilled. I guess since Lucky Star FINALLY got around to hitting America, maybe more people will know about Mottoke! Sailer Fuku

MSF:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_RPZcSZWJo&feature=related

That or there's always other things like Seto no Hanayome OP dance...who knows...XDDD

I think the thing that could really be a rival to Carmelldansen is Levan Polka...it requires nearly the same amount of movement, everyone will swing leeks around and mumble it since no normal human being could really sing that craziness...

Levan Polka:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kDcIJ9i_A

Good job at completely missing the point... ... ... ...
Indeed.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

BumbleB

Yes becuz it's easy and the music you can actually legallly get off I tunes
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

PrincessCake

all they do is dance with bunny ears to damn swedish song.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

Hikaru Kazushime

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 16, 2009, 01:53:43 PM
Carmelldansen is not the next Hare Hare Yukai, because they are really two different things in my opinion. Carmelldansen is something that is as long as the first second it began, there's like 3 movements...Hare Hare Yukai is a bit more skilled. I guess since Lucky Star FINALLY got around to hitting America, maybe more people will know about Mottoke! Sailer Fuku

That or there's always other things like Seto no Hanayome OP dance...who knows...XDDD

I think the thing that could really be a rival to Carmelldansen is Levan Polka...it requires nearly the same amount of movement, everyone will swing leeks around and mumble it since no normal human being could really sing that craziness...

Indeed.

Alright, then what is the point may I ask?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Hikaru Kazushime on April 17, 2009, 09:21:59 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 16, 2009, 01:53:43 PM

Indeed.

The point is if it would be like Hare Hare Yukai was the previous years.
In that, will everyone be doing it like they did the Hare Hare Yukai.

IMO, perhaps, but again, old meme is old.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BumbleB

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 17, 2009, 08:06:20 AM

Do you have something against Swedish MUSIC?

Edit not people, music
Yes I can go to Fanime!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: BumbleB on April 17, 2009, 03:20:22 PM

Do you have something against Swedish people?
Perhaps...
But in all seriousness, I don't think his comment has anything to do with hating Swedish folk.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Hikaru Kazushime on April 17, 2009, 09:21:59 AM

Hare Hare Yukai is the ED from Haruhi. An anime that's 3 years old now. The dance SUDDENLY GOT POPULAR last year, and everyone and their moms were doing it, every chance they got, the song was played every where... when it was three years old, and idiots were making vids of them doing the dance everywhere. Con goers were doing it in hall ways, in rooms, and everywhere they possibly could... THREE YEARS AFTER IT WAS DONE.

The macarena didn't even last 3 years.

The funnier thing is, that it wasn't even done when it was new. No one was doing it the year the series came out. Barely anyone did it the year after. It wasn't until 2 years after it came out did Americans start jizzing all over the place concerning the song... It was also the same time that "LOLOL KYOANI IS SO AWESOME!" started.

Caramell Dansen gained a lot of popularity last year(when it was already over a year old) and people were walking around with boombox's playing it at cons and the such(much like yr. 2 of Hare Hare Yukai). So following the trend, it'll be HUGE this year, just like Hare Hare Yukai was last year. Because Americans are slow to the party concerning stuff like this, and they will totally think it's so awesome and it will happen every where.

YOU however were comparing THE ACTUAL DANCE itself and its terms of simplicity and action.

I wonder if Love and Joy will start getting popular in 2 years lolololololol....

orz

PrincessCake

Edit not people, music
i don't remember ever saying that. *big fan of basshunter who happens to be swedish*
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

BumbleB

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 18, 2009, 02:05:34 PM

Edit not people, music
i don't remember ever saying that. *big fan of basshunter who happens to be swedish*
I sowwy.  :-[ I love Basshunter 2!
Yes I can go to Fanime!

PrincessCake

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 17, 2009, 03:36:03 PM

Perhaps...
But in all seriousness, I don't think his comment has anything to do with hating Swedish folk.

lol wow i didn't know i was a boy or even looked like a boy.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 19, 2009, 11:43:25 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 17, 2009, 03:36:03 PM

Perhaps...

lol wow i didn't know i was a boy or even looked like a boy.

I put boy by default sometimes srry.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Haruka

Onoz!  The skit has already been recorded!

However, we're making fun of Caramelldansen, so maybe it won't be so lame.  Crap, it probably will.  Oh, well.  I'm nothing if not thorough.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

ruby19_4

I look at it on youtube. I do prefer using the lucky star. It is better.

ruby19_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTshCYPAvLE&feature=related

I like the song, but it is really mostly bunny dance. I was hoping some different dance, but I do love the song.

SavageRazr

caramell dansen is fun ^_____^

"Lyssna och lar
Missa inte chansen
Nu ar vi har med
Caramelldansen! "

Neo-Zaku

I look at it as a simple matter of time lag. Some people honestly don't get to experience some series until they hit U.S. shores so there is on time factor. Second, it takes time to learn the dance moves for some routines. And third, when going for a gag like the Haruhi dance or Caramelldansen you want to make sure the audience is mostly familiar with the material. Going for something like the Lucky Star dance the year it hits TV period, let alone the States, may make for a confused audience.

So thus the delay between the peak popularity of a stunt and it's appearance at Fanime. Remember real life does not evolve at the same pace as the interwebs.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

LastExile

Honestly?
I never get tired of the Caramelldansen, or the dance.
I am such a loser. :/

PyronIkari

Quote from: Neo-Zaku on April 30, 2009, 12:13:50 PM
I look at it as a simple matter of time lag. Some people honestly don't get to experience some series until they hit U.S. shores so there is on time factor. Second, it takes time to learn the dance moves for some routines. And third, when going for a gag like the Haruhi dance or Caramelldansen you want to make sure the audience is mostly familiar with the material. Going for something like the Lucky Star dance the year it hits TV period, let alone the States, may make for a confused audience.

So thus the delay between the peak popularity of a stunt and it's appearance at Fanime. Remember real life does not evolve at the same pace as the interwebs.

If you were talking ONLY the masquerade it'd make a little bit of sense. However, this doesn't match up to people walking around the hall ways and exhibition halls etc. doing it. Or the influx of characters from old series. Haruhi was OLD in AMERICA last year. But the influx was bigger. And this only makes sense for things LIKE anime OPs. Caramell Dansen and what it made it popular is from a series that's like a decade old almost (Popotan).

It's just that, America is seriously behind the times. People that actually follow JP stuff, then someone will mention it to someone that doesn't, and eventually the general mass American audience gets to it, 2 years later. It's like a long game of telephone. The irony is that, the people that are doing it two years later are the ones that proclaim they're "otaku!" and think they're such awesome fans and know everything.

It's hillarious.