Caramelldansen-the next Hare Hare Yukai?

Started by Haruka, March 01, 2009, 08:20:48 PM

Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi

Cans it be Caipirinha time this con? XD
Best Anime ever: Ojamajo Doremi

Haruka

Oh no!  I've created a monster!  I had no idea this thread would still be going...YEAH!

I have seen a lot of good points regarding whether a pop culture item is too old or not quite old enough to still be considered "cool."  Granted, quite a few people have their fingers on the pulse of Japanese pop culture and pop culture in general to know the minute an item is cool abroad, even though the American fandom at large may not quite be aware of it.  Look at Bleach!  The US is 2.5 seasons behind!  However, I was seeing the Bankai uniforms at Con long before the dub actually got to that point, so obviously some were more ahead of the game than others.

I abhor FW's so my friends and family generally know better than to send them to me.  Thus I was a little behind on the whole RickRolling phenom until someone explained it to me after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade pulled a RickRoll on the FHIF float, complete with Rick Astley!  However, I still like to think of myself as pretty up on most trends.  I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there will always be people who latch onto a trend at it's beginning, some who come in in the middle and some who don't catch on until last.  Otaku is otaku.  It doesn't really matter to me when you showed up at the party!
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

ruby19_4

Actually I hope it will be good. Last year I see a group dansing the ike ike danse. Well will c.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Haruka on May 09, 2009, 10:46:39 PM
Oh no!  I've created a monster!  I had no idea this thread would still be going...YEAH!

I have seen a lot of good points regarding whether a pop culture item is too old or not quite old enough to still be considered "cool."  Granted, quite a few people have their fingers on the pulse of Japanese pop culture and pop culture in general to know the minute an item is cool abroad, even though the American fandom at large may not quite be aware of it.  Look at Bleach!  The US is 2.5 seasons behind!  However, I was seeing the Bankai uniforms at Con long before the dub actually got to that point, so obviously some were more ahead of the game than others.

I abhor FW's so my friends and family generally know better than to send them to me.  Thus I was a little behind on the whole RickRolling phenom until someone explained it to me after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade pulled a RickRoll on the FHIF float, complete with Rick Astley!  However, I still like to think of myself as pretty up on most trends.  I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there will always be people who latch onto a trend at it's beginning, some who come in in the middle and some who don't catch on until last.  Otaku is otaku.  It doesn't really matter to me when you showed up at the party!

You are partially right in when you say this, but the ending is just horrible. Trends and timing are important, and mean absolutely everything. To explain I will simply replace this with...

Fashion.

Fashion trends change per season and sometimes even quicker than that. If you don't keep up with trends, you are nothing but a wannabe in terms of fashion. You are either, someone who doesn't get it... or someone who TRULY DOESN'T CARE TO GET IT so they work on their own pace.

The people that catch on to trends later, doing things like hare hare yukai 2 years late, catching up with carmamell dansen 3 years later, REALLY CARE, they're just really late to the party. In terms of fashion, they would be the ones wearing 2 seasons ago colors and trends which is horrible. If it makes them happy, that's good for them, but those people don't do this stuff because *it makes them happy*. They truly do it, because they think they're cool and part of the in crowd. They think they're really on the cutting edge, that's why they so proudly show it off. Most people that are really up to date with trends, don't really show it off, they just subtley keep up with it and know what they're doing.

ruby19_4

Aww...... I was hoping the bunny dance. O well.

Meirin

At least it's not the YES dance coming back. That old news has been invading my school this year. groce ;l
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

BumbleB

What about the "Nyan Nyan" dance? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5yt5a_nyan-nyan-dance-remix_fun
:3 *chibi face* LOL
The Hare Hare Yukai and the Lucky Star were dance routines that you really had to memorize and practice.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

ruby19_4

Quote from: BumbleB on May 12, 2009, 09:27:36 PM
What about the "Nyan Nyan" dance? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5yt5a_nyan-nyan-dance-remix_fun
:3 *chibi face* LOL
The Hare Hare Yukai and the Lucky Star were dance routines that you really had to memorize and practice.

Aww..... its so cute.

aarondirebear

I will be starting a caramelldansen event with my little boombox. Come look for me in the main area and caramel dance with me

ruby19_4

PyronIkari

Quote from: aarondirebear on May 18, 2009, 08:09:54 PM
I will be starting a caramelldansen event with my little boombox. Come look for me in the main area and caramel dance with me

... DO you realize the irony of posting this in *this* thread?

ayame_nguyen

Quote from: aarondirebear on May 18, 2009, 08:09:54 PM
i didn't see you anywhere :[ i wanted to do the caramelldansen but no one started it so i was kinda afraid to do it haha.
my friend saw people do it at night but by that time i left. maybe next year.

Rhornez

I DECLARE A NYAN NYAN DANCE GROUP NAO!!! NYA!~~

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

ayame_nguyen

kollunz

nyan nyan sounds gorgeous and delicious and DECULTURE.
doot

Rhornez

we should do this next year and have a one hour session doing this dance over and over

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

TC X0 Lt 0X

All of you that were doing the Caramelldansen on Monday are horrible people.

I'm just saying.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ruby19_4

Nah.... i dont c much people doing it though. O well. I wonder what will be next year.

Okach

And this is why I do partner dances ;).  Never really out of style and lots of fun to do no matter what.
Staff Instructor since 2010. 
Staff Marketing Lead since 2018
Staff Marketing Second

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

ruby19_4

True. Not easy, but true. Anyone know what the next song is going to be?