The Limbaughian National Committee?

Started by Kaura117, March 13, 2009, 02:18:08 PM

Kaura117

Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele, he of the awkward hiphop/politics juxtaposition, had recently been under fire for a number of things, ranging from his stance on abortion and gay marriage, but especially for his derisive comments made about conservative radio pundit Rush Limbaugh.

Notably, Limbaugh's infamy has risen to such a degree that both Democrats and Republicans are publicly calling him the "face" of the modern Republican party. With a bit of glee, perhaps, from the former party.

It's gotten to the point where any conservatives that speak out against his rather... shall we say, radical dialogue has been ostracized for their supposed disloyalty to the party line. Poor David Frum certainly didn't deserve the abuse he got for an otherwise intelligent article on the Limbaugh dilemma...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/188279/page/1

Haruka

If the Republican party has gotten to the point that a pill-poppiong drug addict like Rush Limbaugh is it's figurehead, then the Republican party is officially over. 
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Glitch

Quote from: Haruka on June 18, 2009, 04:11:02 PM
If the Republican party has gotten to the point that a pill-poppiong drug addict like Rush Limbaugh is it's figurehead, then the Republican party is officially over. 
Even worse is that Cheney has also become somewhat of a figure to the republicans. I guess their motto at the moment is "we're pretty much f'd, so lets do what we want."

Virtual

gay marriage.. where is it happening and how? i mean two same gender can marraige with each other.. confused.