Share Your Favorite Young Adult Books

Started by ININ, March 13, 2009, 04:36:02 PM

ININ

Post your favorite young adult books.  There is a trend adults are reading books for young adults and teens thanks to "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series by Jeff Kinney.  I read the Beverly Cleary's Ramona Series books when I was in elementary school.  Books are classics.  I read "Coraline" recently.  Loved it!  I want to watch the movie XD

Dragon Ninja

I'm reading Animorphs. Still an awesome series. They got to bring it back and do a new TV series, but as an animated series.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Rette

Stuff by Karen Cushmen. Katherine Called Birdie, The Balled of Lucy Whipple, Matilda Bones, to name a few.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

mDuo13

Man, how did I miss this thread? I haven't had a lot of time to read for pleasure lately, but I sure do have some strong nostalgia in favor of the Redwall books.

And bumping the age bracket to even younger, I actually have been kind of meaning to read at least the first of the An Unfortunate Series of Events books. I heard from a high-school friend that they were actually quite good and not just for kids, and I do find a certain charm in children's literature.

sarah_the_raptor

hmmmmm..... anything by Christopher Moore, or Chuck Palahniuk. ^_^

ININ

@mDuo13, I watched an interview with Jeff Kinney, author of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series.  He said more adults are getting into the young adult books especially books with illustrations.

Has anyone heard or read "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" by Brian Selznick?

Kandybar

I have.  It's kind of an interesting mix of illustrations and words.  Plus, it's the fastest I've ever gotten through a 500 page book.  :P

ININ

Great XD  Anyone read "My One Hundred Adventures" by Polly Horvath?

ELDEMONIO

Well, There's this book i'm forced to read due to papers I got to turn in about it. Its called "Reservation Blues"

Its about a Native Americans and thier reservation and how one guy created a band.It has a lot of drinking and talks about them loosing their parents and dead sibling.OK book but I fell asleep after reading it during my lunch break. I ended up taking a 1 1/2 hour lunch instead of the 45 lunch. :-\

Kimiko

I'm wayyy over being an adult, but I really enjoy Sarah Dessen's young adult books :D
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Eri Kagami

I've been particular to the Fear Street series by R. L. Stine. Too bad most of them are out of print. I still have my Fear Street Saga spin off books!

ININ

Anyone read books by Beverly Cleary such as the "Ramona the Brave" series?  I read her books for 4th grade book reports.  Costco selling a couple of her books for $8.  They're big printed hardcover books to make it easy for children to read.

ININ

I just purchased "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" by Brian Selznick.  Got it for $12.  I realized the book is from Great Britian, and it's signed and contains a DVD interview with the author  :)

ININ

The movie Where the Wild Things Are written by Maurice Sendak is released Oct 16, 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOkQ4dYVaM

Share your favorite childhood books =)

JohnnyAR

What? you can't just change the topic like that! We haven't even gone past one page?

The Harry Potters is the only Young adult books I like. The Series of Unfortunate Events ending wasn't even good, it just left more questions.

david

I liked Harry Potter.  Read the first 5 or 6, don't remember, then lost interest and never read the last one.

I don't know if it's young adult, but Battle Royale, the novel, not the graphic novel, was and is probably my favorite book.  I read through it twice which is the most times I've ever read a single book.

ININ

I watched Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs movie.  It's pretty good XD  The book is on my wishlist.

neko ewen

I enjoyed Harry Potter overall, though it's definitely a little overrated.

I enjoyed His Dark Materials up until Phillip Pullman started making me wonder if a religion had run over his dog or something. He has such brilliant ideas and good characterization and character development, and then paints every last priest as a mustache-twirling cardboard-cutout villain.

I picked up a book called "Dead Girl Walking" by Linda Joy Singleton at the clearance sale that Willow Glen Books had before they closed. It's kind of cheesy in some places, and really dark in others, but a very fun read overall. It's about a nerdy girl who gets into a traffic accident and winds up in the body of a popular rich girl who attempted suicide.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."