A ganguro group-

Started by HuggalotXOmocha, March 24, 2009, 08:46:59 AM

HuggalotXOmocha

Would be awfully fun/funny. 8D

I plan on being a kigurumin on sunday, wearing manba makeup( ganguro make-up style )

I'd be really fun. xD I can do your makeup if you want.

Here's an example of one, if you don't know about them.

-->

Jerry

is this a gathering of some kind? ive heard about Ganguros, but always had a mixed feeling on what kind of social group...

mostly because if heard "weird" stuff on both spectrums of the norm.

is there such a thing as a male version of a Ganguro?

just curious. :P

not that i would ever try it or anything...

*cough cough* :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

the male version of ganguro is center guy basically with the same characteristics but with vibrant male clothes

dear lord they scare the bejeebus out of me but I have met very nice kogal in Japan

zoupzuop2

Quote from: Kazuko on March 25, 2009, 05:48:00 PM
dear lord they scare the bejeebus out of me but I have met very nice kogal in Japan
Indeed. But their taste in music is quite nice.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

PyronIkari

Uhm...

You guys know why ganguro dress the way they do right?

Being a ganguro is a sign that you're easy. It's basically a sign saying "I'll totally do you". Not to be confused with "kogals" which are the more hipster trendy JP girl which aren't easy, but have the label slapped on them a lot.

So why would you want to dress up like a ganguro and march around?

Steve.Young

Uhm...why else? It is fanime we are talking about here.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

j9isawesome

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 27, 2009, 01:35:37 PM
Uhm...

Being a ganguro is a sign that you're easy. It's basically a sign saying "I'll totally do you". Not to be confused with "kogals" which are the more hipster trendy JP girl which aren't easy, but have the label slapped on them a lot.

Because it's something from Japan as anime fans we idolize everything from Japan and try to copy it? (mostly just kidding) Not me, kogals, ganguro, center guys, that stuff is all a bit too weird for me. It actually reminds me of an episoid of star trek I was watching the other day: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/9/9a/Sayana.jpg
Formerly known as Felicity869

Nanashi

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 28, 2009, 09:20:11 AM
Uhm...

Because it's something from Japan as anime fans we idolize everything from Japan and try to copy it? (mostly just kidding) Not me, kogals, ganguro, center guys, that stuff is all a bit too weird for me. It actually reminds me of an episoid of star trek I was watching the other day: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/9/9a/Sayana.jpg

Wow. That is an uncanny resemblance.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Jerry

whoa, J9 you my dear of FULL of Win.

old school star trek references for the win.  ;)

make me feel all warm and fuzzy for sylar. :P i mean spock.

HuggalotXOmocha

Quote from: Jerry on March 25, 2009, 04:02:14 PM
is this a gathering of some kind? ive heard about Ganguros, but always had a mixed feeling on what kind of social group...

mostly because if heard "weird" stuff on both spectrums of the norm.

is there such a thing as a male version of a Ganguro?

just curious. :P

not that i would ever try it or anything...

*cough cough* :)

YES! :] They're called 'Center Guys' xD

HuggalotXOmocha

Uhm...

Depending what you're talking about. There are the Ganguros, Gonguros, Manba, and Kigurumin. Most of the time, the Ganguro and Gonguro are mixed up with sexual activities. Gonguros, I believe, are the girls with the extreme small clothing. Ganguros are play-offs of Gonguros. And Manba wear a little more than the two. Correct me if Im wrong. x3 It's just something fun to do.

fiska

Dressing up ganguro style's a sweet idea - although the orange tan would be somewhat difficult to copy...but now I want to give it a try  ;D

Lexy

Could be an interesting gathering. I saw a lot of Ganguro at Anime Expo last year.
I don't think I'd try Ganguro style...I really don't want a tan, but I like the Onee-gyaru style a bit more. -_- *sigh* I hate that I dyed my hair.

Let's Play Channel
PSN: Lexy-

PyronIkari

Quote from: HuggalotXOmocha on April 01, 2009, 10:26:46 PM

Depending what you're talking about. There are the Ganguros, Gonguros, Manba, and Kigurumin. Most of the time, the Ganguro and Gonguro are mixed up with sexual activities. Gonguros, I believe, are the girls with the extreme small clothing. Ganguros are play-offs of Gonguros. And Manba wear a little more than the two. Correct me if Im wrong. x3 It's just something fun to do.

In short... you're wrong.

:::sigh:::

This is why I hate when people mimic JP trends without understanding them.

Jerry

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 03, 2009, 08:31:57 PM

more ppl do it than you think mikey. sorry to say, but even i know that :P and im the forum idiot.

well suffice to say, maybe this ganguro idea [thought with i hope mostly good intentions] may give off the incorrect idea your looking for.

my suggestion is to dress up/act/mimic a group thats less...

well smutty. :P

hmm. to each is own i guess.  :-[

HuggalotXOmocha

Quote from: fiska on April 02, 2009, 01:43:12 PM
Dressing up ganguro style's a sweet idea - although the orange tan would be somewhat difficult to copy...but now I want to give it a try  ;D

The tan doesn't have to be exactly an orange shade. But anything under the category 'tan'. From cinnamon to black, basically.8D

HuggalotXOmocha

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 03, 2009, 08:31:57 PM

It's okay. Im from the internets.

xchrislee

PrincessCake

OMG!!!! ITS YOU!!!! Hey I wouldn't mind doing it. I just would only do it for maybe an hour depending on what else i'm cosplaying or if I have some kind of gathering going on. So yeah....Dude do my make up!

MIKKI I MISS YOU!
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

PrincessCake

Quote from: Lexy on April 02, 2009, 02:42:29 PM
Could be an interesting gathering. I saw a lot of Ganguro at Anime Expo last year.
I don't think I'd try Ganguro style...I really don't want a tan, but I like the Onee-gyaru style a bit more. -_- *sigh* I hate that I dyed my hair.

Just do kogal then.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit