More Panels? When/How?

Started by Kava, March 30, 2009, 03:30:22 PM

When would you prefer panel times to be extended to?

Start earlier on Friday!
3 (6.5%)
More panels on Monday!
2 (4.3%)
Panels after Midnight!
21 (45.7%)
Panels in the Early Morning! (8am?)
4 (8.7%)
Forget hour expansion, get a fourth panel room!
16 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 43

macaulayman

Correct, doing a nude after hours. Oh well, it was a thought.

JTchinoy

When should I have my friend email [email protected] about getting a panel slot?
I think this particular panel is will be very popular, as my escapades at stage zero last year showed. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

kevincarltoningram

I would like to see eailyer panels because some people get there early and the artist ally and ealers rooms arnt open,,,, it could take pressure off of stage zero and provide something for people to do!    My thoughts on the "nude models" thing, it goes like this: people do stupid thing late at night (drunk or sleep deprived) so that may not be the safest option! If we did something like this I would feel better if we had A cop either at the door or at leat in the panel area. (or at least a group of rovers) Then theres the whole problem if someone takes an Unwanted pic, so there might need to be a little more restriction!                                 So I like the idea but I'm worried someone will F*&K it up!

Jerry

Quote from: kevincarltoningram on January 16, 2010, 10:13:17 PM
I would like to see eailyer panels because some people get there early and the artist ally and ealers rooms arnt open,,,, it could take pressure off of stage zero and provide something for people to do!    My thoughts on the "nude models" thing, it goes like this: people do stupid thing late at night (drunk or sleep deprived) so that may not be the safest option! If we did something like this I would feel better if we had A cop either at the door or at leat in the panel area. (or at least a group of rovers) Then theres the whole problem if someone takes an Unwanted pic, so there might need to be a little more restriction!                                 So I like the idea but I'm worried someone will F*&K it up!

IMO - this just wouldnt work with Fanime - theres too much liability for the models privacy as well as I'm sure some over protective parent will spazz out in they found out their children went to a convention with live in person models that were nude.

Heck they just recently had the AEE [ Adult Entertainment Expo ] and not even their models or panels show nudity... [well that i know of] so yah... i doubt there will be any [live] nude girls ever at fanime.

Wardrobe malfunctions? those are probably more likely.  :-[
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kava

I would love to see earlier panels. I think it may be another year or two before I'm able to convince the panelists that they'll have an audience that early in the morning though. People seem much more willing at this point to go late than they are to go early.

As for nudity at a panel - Like I said... I'm not sure, it'd have to be discussed.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

kimonomomo

As a potential dealer, I'd prefer to do panels when the dealer's room is NOT open. If that means late at night or early in the morning, I'm all for it. Heck, I'm going to be on my feet all day anyway...

princesskitty18

it seems more likely that fans would be willing to go late into the night
those of us that have gone for years kno that fanime is a 24-hr con so ud kinda expect that there are things to do
however when i looked in the guides of the years past, its pretty much just video programming thats on 24hrs
nothing wrong wit that, mind u

but somethign else would be interesting
and i think its a good idea to have 18+ panels
usually the ones that are still up that late anyways are adults
so wats the harm? :) especially if ur stayin in the hotels around the convention

im all for late night panels!!
not so much for early morning panels..feels too much like goin to class at school >_<
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

MikeTSA

One of the things most requested of our 18+ panel last year was to have it later on at night. So this time around, I made the request for the 18+ to be at night, so we'll see how that goes - just doing anything on our end to make Fanime rock. I'm not so sure about early, but I mean if people will go, then by all means it should be an option eventually.

Kava

Quote from: MikeTSA on January 24, 2011, 11:55:57 PM
One of the things most requested of our 18+ panel last year was to have it later on at night. So this time around, I made the request for the 18+ to be at night, so we'll see how that goes - just doing anything on our end to make Fanime rock. I'm not so sure about early, but I mean if people will go, then by all means it should be an option eventually.

We usually try not to schedule 18+ panels to start before 10pm. :) The late  option seems to be more popular than early, so this year we're staying open an hour later every day, though we are also opening up an hour earlier on Friday and Monday.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels