Fanime 2009's Official eGaming Thread (updated 5/19/09)

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 02, 2009, 10:20:04 PM

JTchinoy

Due to the large amount of players that will likely be at these tournaments, we highly suggest bringing your own controllers for both casuals and tournaments.  Although we will have controllers for people to use, we only have a finite amount and may not be able to supply everyone.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 18, 2009, 02:24:29 PM
Who do I sign up with for the Smash Tournament?

At the eGaming perimeter, there will be a line of people signing up for tournaments and a a group of people on laptops lined up helping these people.  If you see that line plus a stack of laptops with people in it, that's where you should sign up.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

narutofan17

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on May 18, 2009, 06:02:59 PM

At the eGaming perimeter, there will be a line of people signing up for tournaments and a a group of people on laptops lined up helping these people.  If you see that line plus a stack of laptops with people in it, that's where you should sign up.
What day?
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Knightfire

I have a question about tournaments in general. A friend of mine is planning to be at the con on Sunday for the brawl Tournament. Does he have to physically sign his name on the sign in sheet or could I do it for him on Friday?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

RegularJoe

Darn... there's no way that the two Brawl tourneys can swap days, is there? D:
I won't be around on Sunday. :(

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 19, 2009, 02:41:36 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on May 18, 2009, 06:02:59 PM

What day?

Friday, starting at 10 AM.

Quote from: Knightfire on May 19, 2009, 05:36:58 PM
I have a question about tournaments in general. A friend of mine is planning to be at the con on Sunday for the brawl Tournament. Does he have to physically sign his name on the sign in sheet or could I do it for him on Friday?

Yes, he has to be physically present.  We will not accept people signing other people in.

Quote from: RegularJoe on May 19, 2009, 09:22:47 PM
Darn... there's no way that the two Brawl tourneys can swap days, is there? D:
I won't be around on Sunday. :(

Nope.  Time changes are impossible at this time.  Deadlines and requests were done weeks ago.

Knightfire

Thanks. I'll tell him to get his ass early to the con, then.

r4nd0m

man the fact that left 4 dead is on failbox360 is gonna be bad also the rules need updating! since most of those has been patched

EDIT:!!
http://vpgames.com/p-1043-mayflash-max-shooter-for-xbox-360-use-ps2-controller-or-pc-mouse-keyboard-on-xbox-360.aspx

get this and its game over!

Lordsnow

Quote from: r4nd0m on May 20, 2009, 02:14:04 AM
man the fact that left 4 dead is on failbox360 is gonna be bad also the rules need updating! since most of those has been patched

EDIT:!!
http://vpgames.com/p-1043-mayflash-max-shooter-for-xbox-360-use-ps2-controller-or-pc-mouse-keyboard-on-xbox-360.aspx

get this and its game over!

Wow, that add on seems horrible. The Awesomebox360's controller is perfectly good for FPS. If you need to use a mouse or a keyboard maybe you just shouldn't even consider playing a console tourney.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Knightfire

Another question, is there a sign in cap for tournaments, such as "when x number of people have signed up, we can not allow anymore to sign up"?

abcbadcat

Quote from: Knightfire on May 20, 2009, 10:37:31 AM
Another question, is there a sign in cap for tournaments, such as "when x number of people have signed up, we can not allow anymore to sign up"?

Yeah, I think he said 128 max.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Knightfire on May 20, 2009, 10:37:31 AM

Yes, there is a sign-in cap for all tournaments.  Even if you weren't the first X people to sign up, there is a reserve list in which you are eligible to sign up for, which may get you a spot if people drop out.  This list is slightly limited as well and if too many people signed up for reserve, we will have to close sign-ups for that tournament entirely.

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 20, 2009, 10:39:10 AMYeah, I think he said 128 max.

Yes, for the most part.  The 128-max entry excludes tournaments with double-elimination, music games, RPS, and other specialized tournaments depending on the tournament organizers' judgment.

Knightfire

narutofan17

Do we reg that Friday or the day of the tourney were tryin to get in?
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 20, 2009, 08:18:15 PM
Do we reg that Friday or the day of the tourney were tryin to get in?

You can reg anytime after Friday @ 10 AM for any tournament.  Please follow the guidelines in the first page.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)