Fanime 2009's Official eGaming Thread (updated 5/19/09)

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 02, 2009, 10:20:04 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: To0PiD RaMeN on April 10, 2009, 12:20:13 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 09, 2009, 09:44:17 PM
Quote from: To0PiD RaMeN on April 09, 2009, 08:37:06 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 09, 2009, 08:12:22 PM
Quote from: To0PiD RaMeN on April 09, 2009, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: Eboni ninja on April 06, 2009, 05:13:14 PM
I have a question for the Halo 3 tournament, for the one on Sunday do you have to form your own team before or are you assigned to one when you sign up?

For the 4v4 and 2v2 you may sighn up with your own team of friends. But if you don't have anyone to play with then you will be put on a seperate list and be setup with a team.

Also the tournament may have to be split screen due to the number of 360's we will have. Some of the 360s avaiable to us don't have any of the dlc that we will be useing. The most we will have on a screen will be 2 for tournaments. I will be posting the rules soon. :)

What rule-set will we be using?
it will be a version of the rule set we use for sac anime. its will be br start with ar secondary. I will post the full rules once I have everything in order. Its sorta similar to mlg. If you would like to see what the rules will basicly be check out the sac anime forums in the sac anime gaming section.
That sounds horrible.
I do hope you at the very least use good maps.
yeah well ill have the final ruleset up soon. We are debating the ar secondary thing right now. Other ideas was ar start no secondary. The thing about that is the br is where a lot of competive play centers around. I will always always except feedback though 
Well as a competative player, I do support BR as starting. If you must have secondary AR so be it, but without BR starting games can quickly get locked by the team with power weapons or with BRs themselves. Not a nice situation.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

SF4 finals should be on Stage Zero imo.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Mizuki on April 11, 2009, 01:25:39 AM
I don't think Stage Zero staff would allow it IMO.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 11, 2009, 10:49:10 AM
I don't think Stage Zero staff would allow it IMO.

Yeah, I doubt it, but wishful thinking on my part!

PyronIkari

Fffff.

Just ask Wendell, I don't think he'd mind, only hard part is setting up the systems and if the projector would have lag or not.

AmazonPrincess

For Rock Band, is it bring your own band? Or just hope that other people want to play with you?
"Just remember, wherever you go... There you are." -Buckaroo Banzai The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

Mr. Wendell

Based on the schedules, Stage Zero would be booked around that time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Batman77

;D I know you guys have a tourny for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the ps3. Could you guys please have a tournament for Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4? The game just came out here in the US recently and I'm really sure a lot of people would enter. Heck I have about 6-7 people that will be signing up if you have it.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 05, 2009, 03:10:50 AM
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Tournament rules:
1v1, 6 pokemon format
No Uber tier Pokemon allowed
Species clause (No more than 1 copy of a single pokemon species per team.  Variations of the same pokemon are no exception.)
Evasion ban (Moves that increase your evasion are not allowed: Double Team and Minimize)
Sleep clause (You may not put more than 1 of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time.  If they use rest on one or more of their pokemon, you can still put 1 of their pokemon to sleep)
Freeze clause (Although there's no way to enforce this mid game, you're not allowed to freeze more than 1 of your opponent's pokemon)
OHKO ban (straight forward, no OHKO moves like Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold)
We will likely use self-KO clause (If you use Explosion or Self-destruct with your last pokemon to KO your opponent's, you lose.  Destiny Bond will not give you the win if this results in both players losing all of their pokemon.)
Event moves are allowed, but keep in mind that we know what pokemon can get what moves.

No R4 or other emulators allowed, real copies of Pokemon only.
No hacked or edited Pokemon.
No changing teams in between matches; you must use the team that you present to us.
You must present your team at the time of registration for inspection.  If known to you, please present IVs and EVs with your team.
We will have IV calculators on us and we will be well informed on the legal movesets of most, if not all, Pokemon.
Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to the official start time.  We would like ample time to inspect everyone's teams.

Prize: To be revealed

edit::
Please keep in mind that until Nintendo officially releases the Rotom secret key, Rotom alternate forms are banned from this tournament.

We will be using the Smogon.com rulings on which pokemon are uber/OU/UU/NU as of this edit.  Further smogon rulings will be ignored for Fanime.

UBER Pokemon:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza 
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

If it's not on this list, it's allowed for the tournament.  There is a Soul Dew ban for those using Latias.

I am wondering, is there a Ban on Event Pokemon?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

No.  Unless it's an event version of one of the Uber pokemon listed.

Shaymin can't be used in sky form when fighting anything besides another platinum, so I'm not concerned.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Cool, cool.
Now to find myself a Wish Blissey.
Like that'll happen.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 12, 2009, 10:51:28 PM
Cool, cool.
Like that'll happen.
Correction, not to find yourself a Legit wish blissey with the proper nature.
good luck.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 12, 2009, 10:55:48 PM
Cool, cool.
Like that'll happen.
good luck.
Indeed.
The chances of finding a legit, non-hacked/cloned Wish Bliss are, well, there are a lot of zeros...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

I personally hold nothing against clones.  hacks are a different story.

a clone of a legit pokemon is technically a legit pokemon.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well as long as everything falls into place as being legal, then I'm okay with it.
Except Pokemon with 31 IVs in each stat, which while technically legal are obviously hacked.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Philip7086

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 12, 2009, 11:00:09 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on April 12, 2009, 10:55:48 PM
Cool, cool.
Like that'll happen.
good luck.
Indeed.
The chances of finding a legit, non-hacked/cloned Wish Bliss are, well, there are a lot of zeros...

Yeah, I tried getting my hands on a legit Bold or Calm Wish Bliss for about 3 months relentlessly, and have nothing to show for it. This was about a year ago.

On a side note, I've been pretty successful breeding so far. 2 of my team with 31's in important stats, and above 20 in the rest ^_^. Only 4 to go. Also, I bred a Chansey in Emerald with 31's in HP, DEF and SP.DEF, and 27 in SP.ATK and like 23 or something in SPEED if someone wants a copy. Cloning is easy in Emerald, so I have infinite. Got Aromatherapy and SToss on it too IIRC ^_^. I probably won't be using one for my team, but just thought I'd be friendly about it and trade if someone needs it. Bold, of course, but no Wish... also of course.

Also, I don't know if any of you have heard, but people have found a way to manipulate the RNG inside Platinum so that you can hatch near perfect IV Pokemon. This is all using the built-in game mechanics, so I was wondering if these Pokemon would be allowed in the tournament. Though, honestly, there would be no way to distinguish between one of these Pokemon and a legitly hatched egg, because it is all done using what's in the game, and no hacking device.

JTchinoy

If you people seriously have the time to do any sort of catching/ breeding to get perfect IVs, be my guest.
I, for one, can barely breed a pokemon with the proper nature and decent IVs (high teens to 30 in 1 or 2 stats), let alone use some glitch to create exceptional yet legit pokemon.

If I entered the tournament, there's no way I could compete with people who put that much time into the game.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

I might want one of them Chanseys you have. Make my life easier. I plan to have a Reg Bliss for back up on my Wish Bliss in case I can't or don't want to use it for some reason, assuming I find a Wish Bliss. As long as its not a Lv100: I do want to do some customization on the EVs of course.

I have never IV trained, and have only EV trained once. Sense I want to play in tournaments a little bit now I plan to.
Now to train my Shroomish/Breloom.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

M

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 13, 2009, 06:54:19 PM
If you people seriously have the time to do any sort of catching/ breeding to get perfect IVs, be my guest.
I, for one, can barely breed a pokemon with the proper nature and decent IVs (high teens to 30 in 1 or 2 stats), let alone use some glitch to create exceptional yet legit pokemon.

If I entered the tournament, there's no way I could compete with people who put that much time into the game.
For the uninformed, is it just time or is it also luck?
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

JTchinoy

A lot of both I'd say?
Even if you have the right nature on the mother and good IVs on your parent pokemon, you have to keep going to get that right nature (50/50 if the mom has an everstone), and the right IVs (you have no control over this beyond using strong parents), and the right ability (not in your control either if it's a species that can have 2 different abilities).

It took me 70 bronzor eggs to get the right nature and ability, but its IVs aren't very good.
It did, however, only take me 5 machop eggs to get the right nature, decent IVs, and right ability.

So yeah, luck has a lot to do with it.  Even if you know all the ridiculous hidden equations to increase your probability of getting what you want, you have to keep running those equations through breeding and catching until the equation gives you everything you're looking for.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X