Confused Over Payments

Started by AnimeFans4Yaoi, April 03, 2009, 09:59:47 PM

AnimeFans4Yaoi

So my cosplay group and I are going down to San Jose for Fanime 2009. However the payment methods have caused much confusion.
In 06' and 08' it was only 50$ per person by standing in line at the door and buying the tickets. However I only want to buy tickets for Saturday and Sunday. Theres a total of 2 adults, and three teenagers. So how much would the tickets be altogether if we paied at the door? I don't want to register online because the site says it 65$ per person for the full weekend. If anyone can offer advice that would be wonderful.

Thank you,
AnimeFans4Yaoi Cosplay :)

SOawesomeness

It's by far more efficient and cheaper to buy a weekend pass instead of a Saturday AND Sunday pass.

Children 10 and under are free- everyone else pays full admission price for full weekend, so being a teen or adult doesn't really matter here. It's not going to be any cheaper buying it at Fanime than buying it online. o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

AnimeFans4Yaoi

So how much would tickets be for 5 people if we pay online?
Would it be cheaper if only 3 people got tickets?
Also would we get the bagdes in time to get into Fanime on Saturday?

SOawesomeness

There aren't any group discounts, so... yeah, it's cheaper if only 3 people paid for memberships.

We don't send out the badges by mail, you come and pick it up during the set announced hours during Fanime. They will be announced closer to Fanime. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

M

Quote from: AnimeFans4Yaoi on April 03, 2009, 10:06:47 PM
So how much would tickets be for 5 people if we pay online?
Would it be cheaper if only 3 people got tickets?
Also would we get the bagdes in time to get into Fanime on Saturday?
I am a tad confused by your post.

Each person needs their own pass (you can't hand off passes to the other people in your group). As Elizabeth said above, in previous years the price for a single day pass on both Saturday and Sunday would've generally been more expensive than a full weekend pass.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Sen

The current price point for online registration is for $60, not $65, for the weekend. It is an early reg badge so it's just a normal one and not a pretty laminated pre-reg badge. Since you have 5 people who need to pay, it will total to $300.

And yes, you can be pretty sure that buying two separate days will cost more than the weekend badge.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

ewu

unless you wanna show up for friday and monday:P
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

The price isn't going to get any cheaper by buying your registration at the door. If you pay online, with the early registration you get the full weekend badge, which will be cheaper then registering for just Saturday and Sunday. Whether you pay online or pay at the door, you'll have to stand in line on Saturday to pick up your badge. Another perk for buying a weekend registration is that you wont have to deal with the line again on Sunday, since you'll already have your badge.

Since you're a group of 5, I dont see how only buying 3 registrations will help you, as everyone will need their own badge to get in.