Can someone tell me things that happen at the con??

Started by ylimechan, April 09, 2009, 04:26:24 PM

ylimechan

like, what kind of things are at the con? I saw the "dance" part and i thought of the hare hare yukai and motteke sailor fuku. are those dances still "cool" to do at cons?? i have never been to a con so I don't know what to expect :/ and I'm going as konata and thought it would embarassing to be a character from a show that isnt cool at cons anymore XD but i still think its cool!! but im still confused -.-

Jail Bait

There are plenty of things that go on at con. Are you talking about planned activities or just what con-goers do? I mean, you can check the schedule, when it comes out, for planned stuff. Of course we can never predict what con-goers randomly start doing.

About those dances you mentioned...I've never heard of them but then again, I just NOW found out what para para is, too. And you're at a convention, I'm pretty sure we've all forgone any chance of being stereotypically 'cool'. Basically if you look like you're having fun, chances are someone will know what you're doing and join you.

Also, don't worry about popular shows, etc. There are a lot of die-hard fans that will continue to dress up as older show characters. (Didn't sailor moon end like...5 years ago? It still has cosplayers in surplus every year.)

If you have more questions, I'm sure we can help you! ^_^

Just remember to have fun! One sad person can drain happiness of everyone around them, but happiness spreads like a disease! ^_^ A good one, that is...

BumbleB

I can assure you NO ONE will make fun of your costume or what dance you do. Just remember:
-your with over 13,000 people that can relate to and have the same interests. :)
-cons are where people can do crazy stuff and no one will make fun of you
-people come in costume from the beginnings of anime(the 1960s)
-people at con won't make fun of you because your not "cool"

PS if you see a Haruhi Suzimiya cosplayer you could ask them to do the Hare  Hare Yukai with you, they HAVE to know that. Also a lot of people do random dances at cons
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

ylimechan

deathshadow7127

Heck, I've never been to a con, but come on people cosplay and do other stuff that so many people would find "uncool" or "nerdy", so really don't worry about being "cool" just go have fun and be yourself. The people who are at a con and judge other people as "uncool" just need to lighten up.

On youtube, I've seen con videos ranging from people singing Aladdin Disney songs in a group to people dancing in a chicken suit to the song "Butterfly", so I really think you have nothing to worry about.

TC X0 Lt 0X

They are cool to those who are blissfully unaware of them. But some of us will see them to be old. For instance: I consider Carmaldansen to be old. It's like 4 years old. I enjoy it every once in a while but at Cons it is way too hoered-out.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

I think it would be awesomer if someone came as genie or mulan.
But that's me.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Lordsnow

At fanime Wii-motes play DDR, and Kakashi is forced to watch himself lose in a game of Ultimate ninja 4.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Liquid

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 13, 2009, 10:58:53 PM
I think it would be awesomer if someone came as genie or mulan.
But that's me.

DO IT!
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter